Fantasy Dork

Hunter Dozier 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

I don't get it

 

April (95 PA)  375 / 463 / 738

Rest of the season (191 PA)  238 / 319 / 435

 

Is this more clear ?

Edited by Max Rockatansky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

 

April (95 PA)  375 / 463 / 738

Rest of the season (191 PA)  238 / 319 / 435

 

Is this more clear ?

So your saying he is has been a trashcan outside of April 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you were expecting the guy to hit an OPS of 1.200 the entire season then you might as well not roster anybody because not even Trout does that. 

He was good in May as well. An avg of .283 and .859 OPS are great. Outside of that he's been hurt and it can take a while to get back into a rhythm. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yourbettstulo said:

Man, he's been ice cold since returning from the oblique injury.  I don't think he's playable right now.  

 

Nope. Plan on benching him tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, was a good free ride my man, thanks but bye bye.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Slumped but he's heating up.

 

Yep, people jumped off at the first sign of trouble but I think it was very premature.

Edited by sportsfreak2744
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2019 at 3:27 PM, Max Rockatansky said:

Just for fun

spacer.png

 

Just for fun

spacer.png

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well-drawn polygons. Dozier has been a ride while he's hot guy, and depending on your league size he was or wasn't droppable in the last few weeks. Definition of a deeper league guy.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think he should have been dropped in 12 teams with a CI. Anything shallower, whatever. The bar far drop-ability in a 10 team redraft with shallow benches is pretty high. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rando said:

Well-drawn polygons. Dozier has been a ride while he's hot guy, and depending on your league size he was or wasn't droppable in the last few weeks. Definition of a deeper league guy.

 

Well aside from those 36 measly at bats where he hit .194 he's been excellent

 

Dozier: 286 at bats, 43 runs, 15 HR, 53 RBI, .290 avg, .917 ops

Player B: 324 at bats, 52 runs, 18 HR, 52 RBI, .270 avg, .874 ops

 

This might seem silly because he came out of nowhere and was basically terrible last season, but he's been one of my favorite players to watch hit this year. If you watched him you'd know not to give up during a short cold spell. Great eye, and hits the ball with authority. It sucks the lineup behind him isn't great, but he drives players in when given the chance.

I'm guessing you dropped him, someone else picked him up and you're here trying to justify your drop.

 

Oh yeah, player B is Luke Voit. Guess he should be dropped in shallow leagues well.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, street sharks said:

 

Well aside from those 36 measly at bats where he hit .194 he's been excellent

  

Dozier: 286 at bats, 43 runs, 15 HR, 53 RBI, .290 avg, .917 ops

Player B: 324 at bats, 52 runs, 18 HR, 52 RBI, .270 avg, .874 ops

 

This might seem silly because he came out of nowhere and was basically terrible last season, but he's been one of my favorite players to watch hit this year. If you watched him you'd know not to give up during a short cold spell. Great eye, and hits the ball with authority. It sucks the lineup behind him isn't great, but he drives players in when given the chance.

I'm guessing you dropped him, someone else picked him up and you're here trying to justify your drop.

 

Oh yeah, player B is Luke Voit. Guess he should be dropped in shallow leagues well.

 

Thank You.  He's had one subpar month which was June where he was slow and banged up, even then, he still had 11 RBI's in 9 games.  

 

SMH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, street sharks said:

I'm guessing you dropped him, someone else picked him up and you're here trying to justify your drop.

 

Nah I’m in a deeper league. Couldn’t drop him. Dozier is an ideal example of deeper league guy, where you can’t give up on a breakout until there isn’t even an ember left in the fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Just noticed Dozier picked up OF status in Yahoo to go along with 1B/3B, that's pretty handy!

CBS as well, last week.

Edited by Topgun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This guy is such an unsung hero [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude has a higher OPS than Arenado! And he doesn't get the Coors inflation!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Hunter had some decent support in his lineup, he could be a monster. Only Soler without Mondesi makes the protection very weak.

The skills he's showing are there to be a top 5-10 3B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.