Fantasy Dork

Hunter Dozier 2019 Outlook

Anyone still starting Dozier everyday? Dude did have a 2 run double to the gap in right center but he is not consistently driving the ball anymore. Hopefully it's just one adjustment away.

Doubleheader today... tempting to start but it could be like an 0 for 7 with a BB kinda day.

4 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Anyone still starting Dozier everyday? Dude did have a 2 run double to the gap in right center but he is not consistently driving the ball anymore. Hopefully it's just one adjustment away.

Doubleheader today... tempting to start but it could be like an 0 for 7 with a BB kinda day.

I'm starting him and Nicky Lopez due to the doubleheader....just the type of day to wake Dozey's bat up...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

starting him today - he's just cooled off from his torrid start.  he hasn't been unusable really until the last couple of days but today is a doubleheader against two mediocre starting SPs. Sign me up for that!

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 2

Been benching him in favor of Olson lately but saw the DH so I'm in for the gang bang.

• Haha 1

Dozier got benched on my squad late last week. It's more a byproduct of key acquisitions and other bats getting hot, but in hindsight the timing which was coincidental feels genius (yeah, luck not skill, but that does help). Gut check time for the breakout believers, that much is certain.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rando said:

Dozier got benched on my squad late last week. It's more a byproduct of key acquisitions and other bats getting hot, but in hindsight the timing which was coincidental feels genius (yeah, luck not skill, but that does help). Gut check time for the breakout believers, that much is certain.

agreed a 2/8 or 3/7 with a homer and a few rbis would be nice.  Luckily he's not facing a world beating pitching staff.

Edited by JetsAwesome

was just going to look for his thread and it was the latest post. he is been trash for a while now. 

19 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

Is he being platooned now? See he’s been benched a few times this week

Yes, there were two games postponed this week.  So he along with his whole team was platooned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sitting is probably the right call. Too early to drop though. He's been bad but he still has an OPS over .800 in May, .337 OBP, and a manageable 22% k rate. His hard hit % is actually 2% higher this month too.

24 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Waking back up? 4/5 with a home run and 2 rbi today

Hes been pretty good the last week. Never really went to sleep. Just had a stretch every superstar would have. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

Hes been pretty good the last week. Never really went to sleep. Just had a stretch every superstar would have. 

Never thought I would see this word used to describe Hunter Dozier...

Its looking like it could be true though.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

Never thought I would see this word used to describe Hunter Dozier...

Its looking like it could be true though.

Lol sorry I didn't mean to say Hunter Dozier is a superstar, but I meant to say the so called "slump" he went through even the best players (superstars) have stretches like that. Can't judge Dozier too harshly on that is what I meant. 

Not superstar but I do think Dozier is a top 60-90 guy this year

Edited by terminator10

On 5/25/2019 at 6:16 PM, street sharks said:

Sitting is probably the right call. Too early to drop though. He's been bad but he still has an OPS over .800 in May, .337 OBP, and a manageable 22% k rate. His hard hit % is actually 2% higher this month too.

Guy is hitting .322/.407/.609!  What do you mean drop?

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

People were suggesting dropping on the last page. I've been an advocate for hanging onto him.

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

What can we expect his end of season numbers to look like?

Never understood the ones who said to drop him after a very small rough stretch.  Last 30 days = 4 HR, 17 RBI, 13Runs, 1SB and a .376 OBP.

Good to see him snap out of it.

Weird thing is he can't hit lefties so far this year. Such a weird reverse platoon split.

1 hour ago, rasto21585 said:

What can we expect his end of season numbers to look like?

I'm expecting numbers like 80 R, 25-30 HR, 80 RBI, .285/.350/.475

He only needs to bat .275 from here on out to end up with a .289 BA so I think this is very reasonable with his 80% contact rate.  

They need to move Nicky Lopez down from the order (~.220 avg) and get Dozier back at cleanup