urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

He is a set it and forget it WR when healthy. Just have to hope he doesn’t get hurt again.

1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

Excited to have him rostered, but I don't think I can start him Monday night wk1. Nobody to pivot to if he gets hurt before the game starts. 

He's healthy now though. Unless you're worried he gets hurt in practice? If so, after Wednesday or Thursday, it's just walk throughs.

6 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

He's healthy now though. Unless you're worried he gets hurt in practice? If so, after Wednesday or Thursday, it's just walk throughs.

Just looked at the ww and see daesean Hamilton sitting there. Hopefully the Bengals designate Green to out, then I can put him in IR and grab Hamilton as insurance if Fuller has a set back or Obrien was being too optimistic.

sweet, Fuller systems look to be a full go wk1 in a juicy matchup.

2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Just looked at the ww and see daesean Hamilton sitting there. Hopefully the Bengals designate Green to out, then I can put him in IR and grab Hamilton as insurance if Fuller has a set back or Obrien was being too optimistic.

sweet, Fuller systems look to be a full go wk1 in a juicy matchup.

I'm debating between Fuller, Allen Robinson, and Ingram myself. I need two of the three.

I'm actually really confused to his ADP as he's a top 15 option anytime he plays. Probably because he'll break by week 6 but hey it's how you start the season not end it am I rite?!

12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm actually really confused to his ADP as he's a top 15 option anytime he plays. Probably because he'll break by week 6 but hey it's how you start the season not end it am I rite?!

Not a matter of if, but when will he breakdown. Uber talented , and I owned him last year. Very fun player to watch, dude is literally guaranteed a TD and some decent yardage EVERY SINGLE GAME. Usually a long bomb from Watson. Then he gets injured ... but yeah definitely if healthy he's a must start no question. 

I am buying his upside this year.  SSS, but he was a WR2 on a per game basis last year before getting injured.  I'm not a fan of taking injury risks early in drafts, but by the time you get to the 70-80 pick range where Fuller is going, it's hard to find this kind of upside.

I also think he's not quite as injury-prone as he's made out to be.  He went through his collegiate career without any significant injuries from what I can see.  2017 his major injuries were bone fractures.  I guess you can have bones that are more brittle or thin, but generally bone breaks are more random and not indicative of something you'd expect to see come up again and again.  The ACL tear is really the only troublesome injury I see.  

He certainly comes with some risk, but if the ACL is healed, unless we think he has brittle bone disease, I don't think his risk of re-injury is quite as high as his draft discount would indicate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, altmin said:

Don't think it helps any. sigh

I don't think it hurts any. More offensive weapons is a plus, not a minus. Not sure what happens when Coutee is healthy though. Keke may be the odd man out. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Welp....now I dont know.

About what Stills coming in ? He's purely depth and insurance policy. Gonna effect KeKe if anything , in no way does it hinder Fuller's value. His health is what I would be more concerned about. Its Will freakin fuller ! if healthy and suited up we know what he does, just money. If this kid can stay on the field, with the moves Houston has been making , for OT Tunsil , Duke Johnson, and Deshaun improving... ohh forgot they also have one of the most clutch WR in the league in Nuk. Long story short , I think Houston puts up some historic numbers on offense this year. If everything clicks their way , Fuller should be an important piece to that equation. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 4

Wasn't Stills on the bubble to even make the team in Miami before this trade?  I would say a bubble player on the Dolphins is definitely just a depth add for Houston.  If anything I think his acquisition is more a sign that Coutee is further away than they're letting on than some sort of threat to Fuller.

17 minutes ago, stigmatadiacory said:

Him getting prepared for tomorrow night's game.

Thanks.  You know what I meant though.

Edited by munygon2

Locked and loaded in the flex, we can reasonably expect something like 6 for 80 yds plus a real good chance to score in what should be a shootout

His talent is undeniable, last year averaged 15 PPG in PPR in the 7 games he played, if it wasn't for 2 duds mixed in there and the obv injury concerns we would be talking about fuller as a high end WR2

He was also targeted on Watson's interception, he was wide open if Watson would have gotten the ball out a little earlier. He was also the first look on a TD pass to Hopkins, but was covered. He was also in for 65 of 67 snaps, which is a good sign.

Seems like he had a hard time getting separation, was almost coasting at times. He was the first read on several plays, but just wasn't open.

Better days ahead - keep starting this guy at WR3/FLEX.  The biggest take away is that Watson was still looking his way even though he didn't pull the trigger.  

First game action since the injury (didn't play a snap in preseason) but I would suspect he improves week by week as he puts the ACL injury in the rear view mirror.

Just have to hope that Kenny Stills doesn't carve out a similar role.

13 minutes ago, egglestc149 said:

He was also targeted on Watson's interception, he was wide open if Watson would have gotten the ball out a little earlier. He was also the first look on a TD pass to Hopkins, but was covered. He was also in for 65 of 67 snaps, which is a good sign.

Seems like he had a hard time getting separation, was almost coasting at times. He was the first read on several plays, but just wasn't open.

I kept a keen eye and he was beating his coverage pretty much all game. Watson really under-threw him on the bomb, he made a killer adjustment to reel it it...