urban2014

Will Fuller 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

So if Stills was playing sit him?

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Dude just put up 200 yds and 3 tds but if some mediocre one trick pony wr plays he might not be startable lol

He was barely startable until Stills was out last week (avg'd 3.5 rec / 45 yards per game in the weeks prior). 

 

But yeah, I'm "coming up with stuff."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The usage is very encouraging but the blurb really isn't exaggerating, he dropped 3 TD passes today, and two were long. Now they weren't cupcakes, but I think a good receiver would tell you they'd expect to catch those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite his stats today, Fuller to me is becoming a WR1, even elite level.  You have to watch the game to look beyond the stats.  He dropped 3 td's passes today.  Also was targeted on deep multiple deep throws.  Hopkins on the other side really helps Fuller, as he is left one on one multiple times.....and Watson is not afraid to throw to him deep on those occasions.  I don't think I can leave him on the bench again.  He has so much TD potential, especially long bombs. He can single handedly win you the week. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a huge fan of fuller, but this performance today was CRINGE worthy at best. Those drops were absolutely hideous. I have no shares or stock in this situation but I always root for him and watched the game today... Yikes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally dropped 3 TDs. The most frustrating part was you couldn't throw it any better than Watson did on those throws. Sure, encouraging usage, but cost some of us and nearly the Texans.

On the bright side, he is getting open and has Watson's eye like pre-injury form. Also, can't get any worse than being a Hopkins owner right now, so let's hope Fuller keeps it going.

I live in the midwest and a Notre Dame friend of mine told me today that Fuller had a drop issues in college, for what it's worth.

Edited by austin316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This your guys first time? Fuller flashes every single year since he's been in the league. Sell high while you still can. He's ended his season on IR I believe every single year since being in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

This your guys first time? Fuller flashes every single year since he's been in the league. Sell high while you still can. He's ended his season on IR I believe every single year since being in the NFL.

Ehhh I don't think so, bro. Where else can you get this rate of production???:

Oct 7-
After yesterday's explosion Will Fuller and Deshaun Watson have FINALLY played 16 games together. Fuller's numbers in those games: 73 catches 1,182 yards 14 touchdowns He can be boom/bust, sure, but when he's healthy he's a top 15-20 fantasy WR.

Edited by austin316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Ehhh I don't think so, bro. Where else can you get this rate of production???:

Oct 7-
After yesterday's explosion Will Fuller and Deshaun Watson have FINALLY played 16 games together. Fuller's numbers in those games: 73 catches 1,182 yards 14 touchdowns He can be boom/bust, sure, but when he's healthy he's a top 15-20 fantasy WR.

Key words you used there. Again a lot of people have been down this road before. Its your team but I would have tried to sell high last week.

Edited by StevenSC400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Key words you used there. Again a lot of people have been down this road before. Its your team but I would have tried to sell high last week.

He is like the old MLB pitcher Rich Harden. A bonafied stud when healthy. I'd rather ride him until he gets hurt. Who do you believe you can get for him in a trade?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

He is like the old MLB pitcher Rich Harden. A bonafied stud when healthy. I'd rather ride him until he gets hurt. Who do you believe you can get for him in a trade?

Depends on your league rosters. No point in just throwing out names. But he's a perfect player to package with someone else to get a top 10 RB or top 10 WR back. So a 2 for 1 deal with someone that needs more depth on their roster. 

Edited by StevenSC400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nbay23 said:

Despite his stats today, Fuller to me is becoming a WR1, even elite level.  You have to watch the game to look beyond the stats.  He dropped 3 td's passes today.  Also was targeted on deep multiple deep throws.  Hopkins on the other side really helps Fuller, as he is left one on one multiple times.....and Watson is not afraid to throw to him deep on those occasions.  I don't think I can leave him on the bench again.  He has so much TD potential, especially long bombs. He can single handedly win you the week. 

 

Lol

Edited by street sharks
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Depends on your league rosters. No point in just throwing out names. But he's a perfect player to package with someone else to get a top 10 RB or top 10 WR back. So a 2 for 1 deal with someone that needs more depth on their roster. 

Well said, i agree with you.

Do you agree with me that there are few players that offer the kind of POP Fuller does? I mean his 200-yard 3 TD game was the 9th best PPR performance in fantasy football history.

If you're betting against his sustained health, i can understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, austin316 said:

Well said, i agree with you.

Do you agree with me that there are few players that offer the kind of POP Fuller does? I mean his 200-yard 3 TD game was the 9th best PPR performance in fantasy football history.

If you're betting against his sustained health, i can understand.

Thats what I'm saying. Im not saying he isn't talented. Im saying he does this every year. Has a huge game or 2 then gets hurt. So your better off getting some value for him now if you can. At the very least trying to trade him. If it doesn't work out so be it. But again I would have been trying to trade him after his big game last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget Fuller..have you seen Hopkins? Another game another dud. Guy is just plain terrible..Watson is throwing to him in the endzone and Hopkins is blocking..keep Fuller..he is Texans biggest weapon and has rapport with Watson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conversation here could be a lot different if he comes down with those almost TDs.

He’s 14th at the moment In targets and 2nd in the league in air yards. 

Those are stats you love to see your WR have, and need in order to be a WR2 with WR1 upside. 

Their defense is not good and their run game is sub par. This creates positive game scripts for Fuller. There is also an undeniable connection that he has with Watson, as stated in previous posts. 

I think having Nuk on the other side of him allows him to consistently stay single covered, which he can take advantage of with his route running and speed. 

Seems like he has a lot going for him, anyone think he can put the pieces together (barring injury) and establish himself as a top dog this year? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, itschief33 said:

I am a huge fan of fuller, but this performance today was CRINGE worthy at best. Those drops were absolutely hideous. I have no shares or stock in this situation but I always root for him and watched the game today... Yikes!

He had a rough game, but damn, this dude could be a top five fantasy WR with all the opportunities he's had this year. I can think of three plays where he's been tackled inside the one. And he's had at least five long touchdowns where Watson either missed him, or he just couldn't come down with the ball. 

 

I still think he's as good of a WR3 flex as there is. 

And he was playing 95% of the snaps when Stills was healthy, so he's irrelevant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He had a rough game, but damn, this dude could be a top five fantasy WR with all the opportunities he's had this year. I can think of three plays where he's been tackled inside the one. And he's had at least five long touchdowns where Watson either missed him, or he just couldn't come down with the ball. 

 

I still think he's as good of a WR3 flex as there is. 

And he was playing 95% of the snaps when Stills was healthy, so he's irrelevant. 

No doubt. I had him the last two seasons and he always started on my team until the eventual injury. Watching those drops though.. that was rough. Upside is obviously massive. He’s one of those players I see on my opponents squad and know “this is the week” he has his famed explosion game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

No doubt. I had him the last two seasons and he always started on my team until the eventual injury. Watching those drops though.. that was rough. Upside is obviously massive. He’s one of those players I see on my opponents squad and know “this is the week” he has his famed explosion game.

Yeah, out there looking like John Ross III.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, itschief33 said:

No doubt. I had him the last two seasons and he always started on my team until the eventual injury. Watching those drops though.. that was rough. Upside is obviously massive. He’s one of those players I see on my opponents squad and know “this is the week” he has his famed explosion game.

I highly doubt there is much to the drops, guy went well over 40+ catchable targets sans a drop last year, any issue he had there seems to have been alleviated.

He is a right around that WR1/WR2 line for me and a guy you simply can not put on the pine, I am fairly certain any disappointment showing up in this thread is far more related to the people chasing the 3 TD game from last week and not the ones who enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude turned into Moncrief on those 3 potential TD passes.  I’m surprised he couldn’t reel one in.  He catches one and people aren’t saying anything but he certainly has Watson’s attention/trust.

Just be thankful you didn’t spend a 1st round pick on Hopkins 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.