Sign in to follow this  
ASHLANDARROWS1992

BRYANT - SEGURA DEAL

team in sig...6x6 roto (ops and k/9) - 4 outfielder

looking to shore up my outfield with stanton out (who knows when he will be back)

guy is looking for saves and i am taking a chance for sure on kimbrel and what will happen with him if and when he ever signs...lol

i get....bryant and kimbrel

i give...segura and giles

3 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

What's your replacement for Segura? Can't see sig on mobile

my middle infield is pretty much covered (2b/ss/mi).....have baez, villar, simmons, eduardo escovar (can use 3 of those 4 to cover )

This is tough, I hold Segura and Kimbrel currently..... 

It might be worth the gamble considering that Kimbrel is lowering his asking price, so we might see him sooner than later.... but Segura will provide consistent high numbers throughout the regular season while Kimbrel COULD take some time to warm up. 

How confident are you in the infield coverage? 

4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

my middle infield is pretty much covered (2b/ss/mi).....have baez, villar, simmons, eduardo escovar (can use 3 of those 4 to cover )

You're gambling on both positions in the trade in my opinion. Not high on Bryant, think the league has figured him out and he has yet to readjust. Hard hit down. Barrels down. Avg is low and his BABIP is high, not a good combo.

And Kimbrel doesn't have a job. I wouldn't do the deal.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'd definitely make that deal if I were you. You could use the OF upgrade and you can plug Villar in at SS.  Plus, Giles scares me to death and Jansen and Yates can hold down your bullpen until Kimbrel signs. If he ever does sign. lol.  i'm waiting on him too.  

thanks for your help with mine.

Edited by DFWSooner

3 minutes ago, stillwater said:

This is tough, I hold Segura and Kimbrel currently..... 

It might be worth the gamble considering that Kimbrel is lowering his asking price, so we might see him sooner than later.... but Segura will provide consistent high numbers throughout the regular season while Kimbrel COULD take some time to warm up. 

How confident are you in the infield coverage? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Honestly, that's a tough call - With that coverage I would consider the trade but the many questions swirling around Kimbrel would make me hesitant. 

23 minutes ago, stillwater said:

Honestly, that's a tough call - With that coverage I would consider the trade but the many questions swirling around Kimbrel would make me hesitant. 

yes, i am worried about kimbrel and his situation for sure...still have jansen and yates as full time guys though, and maybe some saves in minnesota with rogers and hildenberger

• Like 1

I do it. Helps you out and your MI is already set

28 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

yes, i am worried about kimbrel and his situation for sure...still have jansen and yates as full time guys though, and maybe some saves in minnesota with rogers and hildenberger

Very true, shouldn't rule those guys out. 

Again, little biased cause I'm weighted so heavily Seg/Kim. 

I really like Segura, but also believe KB will have a good bounce back season. Hit a rough patch for a week, but has looked better the past few games. I like Kimbrel & feel he gets signed very soon. I would take this chance & make the deal. But no issues if you were to hold, as it is a high risk/high reward type trade. Thanks for mine!

for those who cant see my sig...this is a 4 outfielder league...currently have stanton on the DL

my outfielders to fill those 4 spots are...mazara, markakis, bruce, braun, christin stewart, and chris ownings

this is why i am wanting to shore up my outfield by adding bryant

I think I would do it.  Your upgrade in OF is greater than your MI downgrade IMO.  Thanks for the help with mine.

I like Giles as a closer, actually. Toronto's won 6 games this season, he has saves in 4 of them. Could've had another one, but he imploded vs Boston. Looking like a good bounceback season for him (provided he doesn't get traded which is possible).

Feel like you're losing a lot in the way of the most difficult stats to come by - SBs & S. Even if Kimbrel signs soon, Giles could end up with more saves and a higher K/9.

Tough choice. Bryant could start mashing any day. Or he could just keep doing nothing.

The whole Kimbrel thing turns me off. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably do it, but because he hasn't even signed yet, I'll pass.

Segura is the best player in the deal and you’re the one trading him so I‘d pass. Just play the hot streak off of the WW for your fourth OF.

48 minutes ago, Bobby Blue said:

I like Giles as a closer, actually. Toronto's won 6 games this season, he has saves in 4 of them. Could've had another one, but he imploded vs Boston. Looking like a good bounceback season for him (provided he doesn't get traded which is possible).

Feel like you're losing a lot in the way of the most difficult stats to come by - SBs & S. Even if Kimbrel signs soon, Giles could end up with more saves and a higher K/9.

Tough choice. Bryant could start mashing any day. Or he could just keep doing nothing.

The whole Kimbrel thing turns me off. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably do it, but because he hasn't even signed yet, I'll pass.

Not sure how much segura is gonna run hitting in front on Harper also

Certainly doesn't look like he's running yet. I trust he will though. I don't really like trading away SBs in roto, tbh.

I think Bryant will break out of his slump at some point but I just don't like this.