Trench Mob

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

im not blaming him for being tired, but blaming him for not being in shape 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

giphy.gif

You dont know the difference buddy? Everyone on that court was tired except for maybe Rodney Hood. The ones who took better care or their body were able to push through and still produce positively.

I apologize if you’re a Jokic fan and my critisim hurt your feelings

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Murray is a very dumb basketball player. 

Jokic was gassed but he was still effective - rebounding, making the right pass. He was a +5 in a 3 point loss playing 65 minutes. 

+9 net rating in the series I believe. 

Edited by taenggg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:
4 hours ago, jstep13 said:

Stop making excuses for 60 minutes and 4 OT. This guy was done with 6 minutes left in the 4th - so approx 40 minutes.

Name a player that would not be tired after 40 minutes in conference semifinals game?  I need someone to compare with Jokic

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

You dont know the difference buddy? Everyone on that court was tired except for maybe Rodney Hood. The ones who took better care or their body were able to push through and still produce positively.

I apologize if you’re a Jokic fan and my critisim hurt your feelings

it's ok. I remember when I first started watching pro hoops and had no idea what was going on.

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Name a player that would not be tired after 40 minutes in conference semifinals game?  I need someone to compare with Jokic

I'll only compare big men as comparing guards would be unfair. All of these guys rebound and play physical basketball

To start, AD - 6ft11 who is in much better shape than Jokic and plays 37-38 minutes a night.
Giannis 6ft11 who is obviously in much better shape than Jokic.
Towns 7ft who's again in much better shape and has logged multiple seasons at 36-38 minutes.
LA 6ft11 - as old as he is, we saw him put up a 56pt performance in double OT where he logged 48 minutes and dominated the end of regulation and OT (Against Adams who is probably the most physical C in the game) I can admit this one is debatable

Embiid, and Boogie would be gassed at 40 no doubt. And those are two guys who I'd also say need to get in better shape and improve conditioning. More so Embiid considering he's never consistently played 34+ minutes. I'm simply comparing Jokic to the people in his class of all star level talent and it's clear he has some serious work to do in the Weight/Conditioning department.

3 hours ago, taenggg said:

Murray is a very dumb basketball player. 

Jokic was gassed but he was still effective - rebounding, making the right pass. He was a +5 in a 3 point loss playing 65 minutes. 

+9 net rating in the series I believe. 

If we look at the entire game he dropped 33/18/14 which is insane. Do not get me wrong, overall he had an amazing game and me pointing out a conditioning issue does not mean he didn't play well . The issue I highlighted is the fact he was utterly useless late 4th and onwards. He couldn't step up on pick and rolls which led to CJ dominating, and he was getting pushed off the block by a guy playing with 1 arm. By late 4th he had absolutely nothing left, and I believe he failed to score in the first two OTs and had 3-4 turnovers. Denver is obviously heavily reliant on him and the guys who possess his level of talent are expected to be in much better shape than he currently is. I've been impressed by his play this postseason and If he's in better shape that game probably ends in OT. This is a guy who said he used to drink 3 liters of Coke daily prior to joining the NBA (He was still a professional basketball player). I'm sure he has come a long way since then but his shape and lack of conditioning is below average for an Elite NBA athlete. It's hard to find players in this league who are 4 years in with absolutely zero muscle definition.

You are right about Murray, he has absolutely zero clock awareness and is not a point guard by any means.

his shape and lack of conditioning is below average for an Elite NBA athlete. It's hard to find players in this league who are 4 years in with absolutely zero muscle definition.

I got it, everyone  has to look like superhero with 6 pack abs in order to be eligible to play in NBA.   

It makes it even more impressive to make it to the All Star   game  with zero muscle definition.

It is not Jokic's fault that he played 40 min in regulation.  That one is on great coach Malone

I'll only compare big men as comparing guards would be unfair. All of these guys rebound and play physical basketball

To start, AD - 6ft11 who is in much better shape than Jokic and plays 37-38 minutes a night.
Giannis 6ft11 who is obviously in much better shape than Jokic.
Towns 7ft who's again in much better shape and has logged multiple seasons at 36-38 minutes.
LA 6ft11 - as old as he is, we saw him put up a 56pt performance in double OT where he logged 48 minutes and dominated the end of regulation and OT (Against Adams who is probably the most physical C in the game) I can admit this one is debatable

Embiid, and Boogie would be gassed at 40 no doubt. And those are two guys who I'd also say need to get in better shape and improve conditioning. More so Embiid considering he's never consistently played 34+ minutes. I'm simply comparing Jokic to the people in his class of all star level talent and it's clear he has some serious work to do in the Weight/Conditioning department.

If we look at the entire game he dropped 33/18/14 which is insane. Do not get me wrong, overall he had an amazing game and me pointing out a conditioning issue does not mean he didn't play well . The issue I highlighted is the fact he was utterly useless late 4th and onwards. He couldn't step up on pick and rolls which led to CJ dominating, and he was getting pushed off the block by a guy playing with 1 arm. By late 4th he had absolutely nothing left, and I believe he failed to score in the first two OTs and had 3-4 turnovers. Denver is obviously heavily reliant on him and the guys who possess his level of talent are expected to be in much better shape than he currently is. I've been impressed by his play this postseason and If he's in better shape that game probably ends in OT. This is a guy who said he used to drink 3 liters of Coke daily prior to joining the NBA (He was still a professional basketball player). I'm sure he has come a long way since then but his shape and lack of conditioning is below average for an Elite NBA athlete. It's hard to find players in this league who are 4 years in with absolutely zero muscle definition.

You are right about Murray, he has absolutely zero clock awareness and is not a point guard by any means.

I tabulated his stats starting in the mid 4th (three point make) until the end of the game. 

8PTS/7REB/6AST/2TOs

3/8 FG 1/2 FT

He did what he could and still made an impact but it was obvious he wasnt looking for his shot. 

20 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Stephen Curry 😁

dunk fail,lol

iN7lYq.png

I take back what I felt about Milwaukee ( and Giannis ). They deserved to be respected.

On the side note, I think Pelicans are also winners in Bucks - Celtics series. It is clear that Celtics cannot stop Giannis and that Bucks defense is not easily broken.   You need top 5 player who can dominate games  in order to compete with Bucks and Irving  alone is not the answer.    AD to Celtics for Tatum, Brown and whatever else Pelicans ask for

Posted (edited)

Celtics are a better team without Kyrie.  This guy sucks.  He’s a stat stuffer on a 20 win club.  Celtics played so much better without him in playoffs last year.  Much better ball movement and team defense.  Funny how he thought he was so much better without Lebron.  Knicks aren’t any better today with Kyrie.  They would be smart to avoid him and go after Kemba and KD.  Irving in real life is a non factor without a generational talent beside him.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 10:59 PM, Cmilne23 said:

Celtics are a better team without Kyrie.  This guy sucks.  He’s a stat stuffer on a 20 win club. 

Something about a guy who thinks the Earth is flat and that he is basketball God. Dude just doesn't show up when it counts. As a Celtics fan, I cannot wait for him to be off the roster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

I still think that Irving is better than IT

I know this is probably sarcasm, but the IT slander is so disrespectful lol.

Gotta defend the little guy.

With KD going down all bets are off. Any team can legitimately win it all now

12 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Likely going to miss two weeks at a minimum. Anyone else liking Denver to give a KD-less Dubs team a strong challenge? Still like the Dubs in that one, but their lack of bodies to soak up useful minutes is a big issue. They need some more McKinnie open threes, Jerebko's muckraking and timely shooting, and maybe something else before I stop thinking the toll of heavy minutes on the Splash Brothers threatens their ability to reach the finals.

I thought Houston was going to win game 5, and am not counting them out at all... I'm assuming KD is out for game 7. I guess this brings us to Steph being the real X factor now. How weird is that?

Next NBA champion will be from the East.

As a Raptor fan, I hope the title goes North.

As a basketball fan, Bucks look like the best team and Giannis is the best basketball player in the world at the moment.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, Gile Pile said:

Next NBA champion will be from the East.

As a Raptor fan, I hope the title goes North.

As a basketball fan, Bucks look like the best team and Giannis is the best basketball player in the world at the moment.

I’ve been thinking all year that the raptors were the best looking team in the east and I’ve seen them twice this year in person and they look great. I hope we get bucks/raptors that really will be a good conference final and the east needs that.

James Harden was at his best as a 6th man on the Thunder.  Hopefully for his sake he can find a team that will take him in that role after he went full Houdini this round.  That was a pathetic effort.  Giannis better get mvp.  Harden is a JAG.

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:16 PM, Cdub2k said:

Per Marc Stein of the New York Times, if DeMarcus Cousins (quad) maintains his recent progress from a torn quad, he is on course to make a return to the Warriors' active roster during the Western Conference Finals.

The good news for the Warriors continues. By beating the Rockets in Houston in Game 6, they avoided a do-or-die Game 7, and also get extra rest for Kervin Durant (calf) and Cousins. In addition, they will face a weary Blazers or Nuggets team, after their brutal seven-game series wraps up Sunday. Cousins will obviously be rusty, but should be able to provide a spark and some offensive punch for Golden State. Andrew Bogut started at center in Game 6 on Friday but didn't score a single point in his 12 minutes of action.

• Like 1