For example, when it’s comes to rebounding, Myles Turner is a jag

Nah, he's a NEAG

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 2:21 PM, taenggg said:

I'm from Toronto, raps getting rolled 🤣

🤣

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 4:49 AM, Jake the snake said:

You had me until the Gasol is the best player in the series bit.

I think he'll be good, but this series is actually better suited to Serge, he's key to the raptors chances. If we see game 7 v Philly Ibaka in this series then I've got the raptors in 6 too.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The biggest reason I like this series for the Raps is because of Kawhi. Middleton is going to need to reacquaint himself with basketball after Kawhi breaks him in this series. He has no chance of stopping Kawhi and Kawhi is going to take him out of the game on offense which hurts what the bucks run a lot. Between Siakam and Ibaka they have enough to not let Giannis beat them on his own and then it comes down to how much they can get from Bledsoe, Brogdon, Mirotic and Lopez...I like this matchup better for the Raptors than the 76ers whose length gave Lowry, Green, and FVV all kinds of trouble on offense. The raps should get a lot more out of their bench this series esp. if OG can make it back sooner rather than later. Defense wins playoffs...Raps got that (so do the bucks, but Raps have more matchups they can exploit even if they put Giannis on kawhi, Siakam gonna eat Middleton's breakfast! Gonna be a great series!

Can I borrow your crystal ball to check lotto number in the future?  Raptors are close and Middleton will need long time to recover.  Btw, Gasol had some huge plays,  especially that huge offensive rebound at the end

• Like 1

Can’t believe how many people expected the Bucks to just roll past the Raps 😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Can I borrow your crystal ball to check lotto number in the future?  Raptors are close and Middleton will need long time to recover.  Btw, Gasol had some huge plays,  especially that huge offensive rebound at the end

I mean while Kawhi has been epic. The changing point in this series is putting him on Giannis. Giannis is spooked with kawhi on him. Siakam did an amazing job on Middleton (along with help from others). And gasol has been epic again. His defense all playoffs is out of control good. I'd do the Gasol - Jonas trade a 1000x over. 

Disappointing is Ibaka's away form. He sucks on the road. Hopefully we see him do it at home in Game 6. You could see when Ibaka shows up and has a big game the bucks are in DEEP trouble. And man shout out to FVV and FVV jr. WOW! 10-12 from deep in games 5 and 6 (and one was a half court buzzer beater that nearly went down).

This raptors team is real!! Finish them off Raps! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

I mean while Kawhi has been epic. The changing point in this series is putting him on Giannis. Giannis is spooked with kawhi on him. Siakam did an amazing job on Middleton (along with help from others). And gasol has been epic again. His defense all playoffs is out of control good. I'd do the Gasol - Jonas trade a 1000x over. 

Disappointing is Ibaka's away form. He sucks on the road. Hopefully we see him do it at home in Game 6. You could see when Ibaka shows up and has a big game the bucks are in DEEP trouble. And man shout out to FVV and FVV jr. WOW! 10-12 from deep in games 5 and 6 (and one was a half court buzzer beater that nearly went down).

I’d also do Gasol for JV no hesitation. People have overlooked his defensive impact all playoffs. Deleted Vucevic, and contained Embiid for 6 out of 7 games. His ability to protect the paint without fouling is the best there is. Game 3, he played about 15 minutes with 5 fouls and was conesting every shot at the rim.

The offence has been essentially non existant but his defence has made up for it.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

🤣

Lmao f--- the raps 😂

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:46 AM, Jake the snake said:

@Jake the snake might not be the best prognosticator overall but pertaining to the Raptors he's almost never wrong.  Actually, I've never seen you be wrong about anyone north of the border....

Posted (edited)

Man!  I wish @Jake the snake would have shared his knowledge with us beforehand!  I would have bet the house!  We will just call him Bran the Broken, or if he prefers the Three Eyed Raven.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Haha 1

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Please re-simulate these playoffs commish.

Actually, just build a time machine and reject that DeRozan for Kawhi trade while pointing and laughing at it like you should've.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:23 PM, Gile Pile said:

Raptors in 6. Gasol returns to 2012-13 version of himself and is the best player in the series

Prediction for finals: Raptors in 6. Gasol returns to 2012-13 version of himself and is the best player in the series

I hope @Trench Mob   hates Warriors more than Raptors  :)

Giannis doesn't have reliable shooting to save his team

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Prediction for finals: Raptors in 6. Gasol returns to 2012-13 version of himself and is the best player in the series

I hope @Trench Mob   hates Warriors more than Raptors  :)

No chance on both accounts 😊

8 hours ago, kane said:

Giannis doesn't have reliable shooting to save his team

FT shooting in particular.  During the playoffs he was 107 of 168.  Before Game 6 of this series he had shot 14 of 27.  If he instead shot even 20 of 27 it's likely that it would be tied 3-3 now.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:43 PM, taenggg said:

Lmao f--- the raps 😂

10 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Please re-simulate these playoffs commish.

#HatersGonnaHate, bad luck fellas. Onto the finals for the good guys! Raps in seven! I spoke to the crystal ball @Gile Pile and @StifleTower2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

@Jake the snake might not be the best prognosticator overall but [especially] pertaining to the Raptors he's almost never wrong.  Actually, I've never seen you be wrong about anyone north of the border....

Just had to fix this up a little 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

FT shooting in particular.  During the playoffs he was 107 of 168.  Before Game 6 of this series he had shot 14 of 27.  If he instead shot even 20 of 27 it's likely that it would be tied 3-3 now.

The dude airballed FTs in back to back playoffs games! That is all you need to know about his shooting skills. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

As much as I love basketball and fantasy in particular, I hate FOLLOWING basketball for the reasons in this video. Everyone is insanely reactive, they suck the dick of recency bias until that fallacy cums onto their stupid faces.  Then they backpedal hard when they’re wrong, they rarely admit bias or when they’re wrong.  None of these “analysts” know anything because they’re don’t have advanced degrees in statistics or anything similar, actually they mock “stat guys.”  

About this series, kawhi was the best player, and perhaps has been the best the entire playoffs.  Giannis did Giannis thing including missing a boat load of free throws.  Bledsoe played poorly for the majority of the playoffs with the exception of a couple games.  Lopez threw up bricks when they needed them.  Brogdon and Middleton often played well, however.  None of these things were outliers or unforeseen.  

The X factor to me was Lowry/VanFleet.  Lowry is a top 30 fantasy player and probably real life player too.  But he does it by being injured 1/3 of the time, playing like trash 1/3 of the time, and playing like a star 1/3 of the time.  They got star Lowry this series.  That combined with VanFleet being outstanding made the Raptors backcourt superior and that’s the difference maker.

The analysts should only get a pass if those performances were such an outlier as to be completely unforeseen.  Imo they should have at least been cognizant of the possibility of Toronto’s backcourt outplaying the Bucks and Kahwi outplaying Giannis.  Therefore, I don’t think they get a pass.    

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ginocan said:

The dude airballed FTs in back to back playoffs games! That is all you need to know about his shooting skills. 

Giannis had air-balls in all of the last 4 games in the series. Game 3 air ball on a contested jumper in the lane from about the FT line, Game 4 air-ball on FT, Game 5 air-ball on a FT, game 6 air-ball on a floater from about 9ft. The Raptors conned him into believing he had to beat them with shooting in game 6. He may have shot 2 of 5 from deep, but if he is doing that while only scoring 21 pts, it's over. NN coached a heck of a series and made coach bud looking like a simpleton with no alternatives (and Bud once again proved he may just be that - he has no plan B). 

The reason this raptors team is so good is because they can beat you in multiple way. They can run and gun with Kawhi-Siakam-Ibaka-Lowry-Green/OG/Norm/Fred. They can grind you out in the half court with Kawhi-Siakam-Gasol-Lowry-Green/OG/Norm/Fred. They can run Kawhi iso and have him beat you by himself if the help is struggling. And they can pass you off the court with gasol running the offense from the high post with cutters and movement behind the arc. All that while having the best half-court defense in the NBA right now (watch how the close out shooters - it's the best in the NBA), they have the superstar that not only beats you on offense, but shuts down the stud on defense, and their complimentary defenders are all PLUS defenders (and some acclaimed for it). This is the difference between them and the pretenders (Bucks/Rockets), that are trapped in their one systems with no way out. I was actually more impressed by the 76ers than the Bucks, who got worked out and rolled. The 76ers had quite a few variants they could run (PG-Jimmy, High tempo PG Simmons, Running through Embiid), but they just didn't have the shooting in the end (or Kawhi!!!).

A couple of keys to this series for the raptors. Kawhi (nothing more needs to be said). FVV's defense on curry. Watch FVV play incredible defense on Curry. He chases guys around the 3pt line with the best of defenders in the NBA. He has a HUGE role in this series. OG coming back could be a big boost to the raptors, another long wing defender to throw at Durant, Klay and Curry. Siakam coming off two series dealing with extreme length of Embiid and Giannis guarding him, is going to be free'd of that a little, if he can handle the stage he will have a HUGE series (although once Durant is back he'll probably be dealing with him...lol). Danny Green - Raps need a showing from Green - he is WAY overdue. Gasol - Keeping Gasol in this series is a huge thing for the Raptors; GSW is going to try and run him off the floor - but the Bucks tried to do that and it didn't work; Gasol is really smart and keeping a lot of his action in the high post allows him to stay involved in the full court and slow the pace of the opponents.

Y'all know I'm a Raps homer, but the NBA title is coming to the 6ix, closed out in the 6ix, in...7even games! This run just has that Magic to it that the Piston's and Mav's titles did. Keep doubting, we love it! 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 3

while we are waiting....

there are fans and there are superfans.

Some quotes from the article:

"He’s been at every single Raptors home game since 1995."

"Every year he spends $300K of his own money to send kids – mostly from brown, immigrant families – to Raptors games."

https://www.bardown.com/appreciation-thread-for-raptors-superfan-nav-bhatia-goes-viral-on-twitter-1.1312126?fbclid=IwAR07Z9taYjJE68fktWiXZHhxrT6MKxeyhG5aE2m2SPdP5EGZ9kO6U8eiUeo

• Like 3