Trench Mob

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Recommended Posts

The Warriors committed like 10 turnovers in the first quarter of which 4-5 were from their bigs...that's insane.  Not to mention their missed free throws.  Their bigs suck so bad and they're so beaten up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 9:58 PM, Gile Pile said:

Prediction for finals: Raptors in 6. Gasol returns to 2012-13 version of himself and is the best player in the series

I hope @Trench Mob   hates Warriors more than Raptors  :)

I was sooo wrong. I am sorry

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went to check ticket prices for Game 5 out of curiosity. On StubHub, the cheapest tickets are:
https://www.stubhub.ca/toronto-raptors-tickets-toronto-scotiabank-arena-6-10-2019/event/104017598/?sort=quality+desc&mapState=zone&zid=44939

Nosebleeds = $2,000+ USD
Lower ends = $3,000+ USD
Lower sidelines = $6,000+ USD
Courtside = $11,500+ USD
 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does KD have enough hairs on his privates to carry his team back ( really it's Steph's team, but continuing ) from a 3-1 deficit? We're about to find out.

But I think we all know the answer to whether he plays or sits already. Fire up that burner account, KD!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U guys think KD has beef with Warriors now? He's not even on the side line to support, and shouldn't players fight through their whatever injuries during FINALS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 7:37 AM, Trench Mob said:

 

We have no cap space, but I'm pretty sure you knew that already; trying to reel me in. Eh, it's funny having banter with Raptors fans. or what's left of ya.

Don't fret. The Godfather himself will have all the resources in 2020-2021. Then we're hanging more banners. Heat = Titles. Raptors = No titles. That's how it always work.

I still can't believe that joke franchise lucked out on getting a player like Kawhi, but no matter. It'll end exactly the same lol.

* Cup * Tea *.

 

It's funny how delusional people are sometimes. This comment looks super awesome now. :)

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tredford8 said:

 

It's funny how delusional people are sometimes. This comment looks super awesome now. :)

 

 

Lol. Raptors still need to win 1 more game 😈

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

 

Lol. Raptors still need to win 1 more game 😈

Fair point. How many more games do the Heat need to win?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

The Warriors committed like 10 turnovers in the first quarter of which 4-5 were from their bigs...that's insane.  Not to mention their missed free throws.  Their bigs suck so bad and they're so beaten up. 

They don't rely on their bigs, they mostly play small ball. Gasol is the only big in recent years effective enough to keep the Warriors play Big.

Let's be honestly, the Raptors beat them at both ends and is the better team. The Warriors' defense slides badly this year. Iggy and Livingston both lost their shots and GSW can't even score enough to keep afloat.

Although KT shoots well tonight, his defense is not there (try not to re-aggravate the injury) and it's hard to be optimistic after this 42-min game. They need miracle in Game 5 on the road. KD I think he has a slightly torn achilles and won't be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-vs-raptors-nba-finals-game-4-score-takeaways-kawhi-leonard-toronto-one-win-from-ending-dubs-dynasty/

"In Game 3, with Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant and Kevon Looney out, the Warriors were STILL FAVORED TO WIN! In Game 4, they were favored again. This is pure ignorance. The Raptors have so clearly been the better team in this series in every single facet, and none of it is a surprise. "

 

It looks like US media is finally getting it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

@Jake the snake Must be going crazy atm!  The Warriors just don't have the depth to keep up.  

Understatement... 

5 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

They don't rely on their bigs, they mostly play small ball. Gasol is the only big in recent years effective enough to keep the Warriors play Big.

Let's be honestly, the Raptors beat them at both ends and is the better team. The Warriors' defense slides badly this year. Iggy and Livingston both lost their shots and GSW can't even score enough to keep afloat.

Although KT shoots well tonight, his defense is not there (try not to re-aggravate the injury) and it's hard to be optimistic after this 42-min game. They need miracle in Game 5 on the road. KD I think he has a slightly torn achilles and won't be back.

1. You're forgetting Ibaka. I believe that was one of my keys to the series too. Serge playing like this and the raps can take it with and without KD. He opens up so many options on both ends and creates so much more space for driving lanes. 

2. Blame the warriors D if you like, but it hasn't been that bad. Raptors just have a lot of fire power even outside of kawhi. I don't think the warriors have respected that properly the whole series. 

3. Raptors just flipped the roles. They looked like the champion team closing out a weaker opponent in crunch time. Kawhi just looked like the best player in the planet saying "we are winning this game and you are losing" in the second half in a hostile environment, a la MJ and even KD of past seasons. Why... Because he is!! Try and disrespect that MSM...!!

4. GSW Fans booing lowry before the game in support of their owner...!? Classless... Something I'd expect of hear fans (just for you @Trench Mob

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Understatement... 

1. You're forgetting Ibaka. I believe that was one of my keys to the series too. Serge playing like this and the raps can take it with and without KD. He opens up so many options on both ends and creates so much more space for driving lanes. 

2. Blame the warriors D if you like, but it hasn't been that bad. Raptors just have a lot of fire power even outside of kawhi. I don't think the warriors have respected that properly the whole series. 

3. Raptors just flipped the roles. They looked like the champion team closing out a weaker opponent in crunch time. Kawhi just looked like the best player in the planet saying "we are winning this game and you are losing" in the second half in a hostile environment, a la MJ and even KD of past seasons. Why... Because he is!! Try and disrespect that MSM...!!

4. GSW Fans booing lowry before the game in support of their owner...!? Classless... Something I'd expect of hear fans (just for you @Trench Mob

Yes, Ibaka played exceptionally well. Kawhi is the best player in this series and the most scary part is he is not even 100%.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

But the best parallel to this current series came in 2014 when the LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh-led Miami Heat were blown off the floor by the San Antonio Spurs. The 2014 finals marked the Heat’s fourth consecutive trip to the championship round — this is Golden State’s fifth consecutive trip — and the series played out in a manner that should sound eerily similar: San Antonio took Game 1 handily, then lost a close Game 2 at home. The Spurs then waxed the Heat in consecutive games on the road to take a 3-1 lead, before ultimately closing the series out at home.

That’s exactly how the current finals series has played out, which is fitting because the 2014 finals MVP was Kawhi Leonard, who now leads this Toronto team.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-raptors-are-one-win-away-from-ending-the-warriors-dynasty/?addata=espn:nba:index

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like they all had to take "Introduction to being Kawhi"  course

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 5:35 PM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

  

You listen to the latest Simmons emergency podcast?

Two great quotes:

Quote

I went from thinking this was a f--- you run, f--- you KD, they [GSW] are just going to roll through [without KD], I did not believe in the Toronto Team like this. I really though part of their success was that Philly was so screwed up and Milwaukee just kinda wasn't ready, but now it's like oh s--- we kinda just underrated Toronto.

The second

Quote

We were all thinking at haltime [in game 4], Oh man, how is Toronto only down 4, they absolutely suck, the worst they have played in three weeks. [Kawhi] Comes out at halftime and hit those two threes in a row; that's some Jordan s--- right there, don't you think?

Simmons is freely admitting he didn't give the raptors the respect they deserved. He was always turning to other factors (exactly what i have been trying to say). And now the respect is starting to roll in (as it should be). And the second quote...That was indeed some Jordan s--- right there don't you think?

Edited by Jake the snake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I did listen to some local warriors reporter saying he saw durant walk back away from practice in the facility only after 20 minutes of practice starting when reporters were not allowed to see it, and never returned the same way, so very pessimistic that durant even practiced at all, he also had 2 icepacks on his leg. In other words, doubt he will play at all.

 

After seeing warriors without durant past 2 games I would say, 1% chance of winning a single game at this point without KD.

Edited by DJSatane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Simmons is freely admitting he didn't give the raptors the respect they deserved. He was always turning to other factors (exactly what i have been trying to say). And now the respect is starting to roll in (as it should be). 

 

Respect they deserved?  More respect than already being classified as 1 of the 4 serious contenders to make it out of the East at the start of the year and into the playoffs? That's not enough respect for a team that had never won anything?

Coming into the year, the previous DeMar/Kyle era is defined by a bunch of disappointing playoff exits.  Kawhi was coming off an injury that limited him to like 9 games.  Nurse is a first year HC.  Siakam last year was definitely not this version.  They didn't automatically deserve more than any other serious contender.  You earn your place and respect in sports.  Show and prove.

Simmons is saying given hindsight he realizes he underrated them because of where they are now and what they are accomplishing now against an historic team.  But underrating or underestimating to an extent any team along the way that has never won anything is not disrespect.  And this I don't think is an admission of disrespect by him anyway.  Especially the levels of disrespect you have been claiming.

It took 7 games and a miraculous buzzer beater to knock off the Sixers. I personally had thought the Raptors were going to beat them going in, but it was not disrespect for people to think the Sixers were going to win.  It was a very close series.

The Bucks had the better record.  They had just crushed the Celtics.  Giannis is probably this year's MVP.  The Bucks were up in the series before the Raptors came back.  It was not disrespect for people (me included) to think the Bucks were going to win going into the series, and after the Bucks went up too.

And the Warriors are the defending back to back champs. 3 out of 4.  An historic team.  Very realistic to favor defending champs in a series, KD or not.  Its not disrespect. What did the Nature Boy say?  To be the man, you gotta beat the man.  

I understand you are a major fan of them, and its cool that you are getting to experience a championship run.  But saying a team with their previous credentials has been hugely disrespected because they weren't classified the favorites in each series (Magic not included) or fawned over by every media person in every series or automatically called the best without showing and proving would not be accurate or without bias. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

We'll have to agree to disagree. Forever turning to other factors as excuses for a teams success rather then crediting the team itself IMO is disrespect. 

Disrespect meaning (Cambridge Dictionary):

Quote

lack of admiration felt or shown for someone or something that you believe has good ideas or qualities

People didn't believe the Raptors had good enough qualities and point to failings or excuses for their opponents. To me, that is pretty clearly a lack of respect; disrespect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Durant starting tonight.  It should be interesting.  Warriors have their complete starting lineup albeit with Klay, Durant, Cousins rusty.  I think it would be very interesting to see this series go to 7.  I don't care about the outcome too much but I'd like to see it go to 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...