Trench Mob

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

51 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Durant starting tonight.  It should be interesting.  Warriors have their complete starting lineup albeit with Klay, Durant, Cousins rusty.  I think it would be very interesting to see this series go to 7.  I don't care about the outcome too much but I'd like to see it go to 7.

If it goes to game 7 the Warriors are winning. The Raptors confidence would be shot and that would mean GS is playing great ball. Raptors really gotta close this out tonight and not let Golden State go back home and gain momentum. Yes I know Toronto hasn't lost at Oracle but I just believe that if you got them on the edge, you need to finish them. Especially back to back champs with 3 of the best shooters in the league who can take over a game instantly.

9 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

If it goes to game 7 the Warriors are winning. The Raptors confidence would be shot and that would mean GS is playing great ball. Raptors really gotta close this out tonight and not let Golden State go back home and gain momentum. Yes I know Toronto hasn't lost at Oracle but I just believe that if you got them on the edge, you need to finish them. Especially back to back champs with 3 of the best shooters in the league who can take over a game instantly.

this season (regular + playoffs) Raptors are 6:1 against Warriors.  That should tell you something.

At this point it has to be 80%+ for the raptors to win the series.  I don't have a dog in the fight.  But I want to see an exciting series.  More exciting than 5 games.

KD showing some guts. Okay. Okay.

He comes up short of the 3-1 comeback or the Raptors choke ( lol! ). Either way, I'm gonna have a giggle.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:03 AM, Jake the snake said:

GSW Fans booing lowry before the game in support of their owner...!? Classless... Something I'd expect of hear fans (just for you @Trench Mob

Y'all bush league fans just cheered when KD went down. The pot calling the kettle black :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

I feel sorry for KD.

KD was stupid for playing injured. He had nothing to prove. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BigE88 said:

KD was stupid for playing injured. He had nothing to prove. 

There should be a lot of pressure around him. At least they won this game.

Edited by littlesamtung

Cousins tried to give this game away.  Fortunately, the Warriors got hot late, and forced the game 6.  As game 6 will be at home I think they can force game 7 which should be epic...

10 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Cousins tried to give this game away.  Fortunately, the Warriors got hot late, and forced the game 6.  As game 6 will be at home I think they can force game 7 which should be epic...

it is over. looney gone, KD gone. no chance. they escaped today. wont happen again and potentialy then once again. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cornerback said:

it is over. looney gone, KD gone. no chance. they escaped today. wont happen again and potentialy then once again. 

?? They almost beat themselves again. Had another lead that was blown in the second half. Too many turnovers, huge defensive lapses. That's not Warrior basketball. If they find themselves and dig deep, they can do this. Definitely not close to over, in fact, if I was a Raptors fan, I'd be sweating right now. No shade at Raps fans whatsoever, it's just funny how quickly people are to forget. They did it without KD before, they are capable of doing it again, and personally, I think they will now.

And just absolutely awful news on KD. An Achilles tear wasn't confirmed, but the way Myers was talking, and what we know about the situation, sure doesn't sound good. Awful, awful to hear.

2 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

And just absolutely awful news on KD. An Achilles tear wasn't confirmed, but the way Myers was talking, and what we know about the situation, sure doesn't sound good. Awful, awful to hear.

From KD's expression, this injury looks more serious than the previous one. Let's pray this is not a full rupture.

1 hour ago, cornerback said:

It’s terrible to see KD go down like that. Looney I don’t think is a huge loss except that it reduces their depth.  I’d still put the warriors chance of winning the series under 25% but that’s a lot more than no chance.  Anyway the main reason why I was rooting for them is my money playoff roto league and I already surpassed the second place guy today with Klay’s final three.  So actually I don’t care anymore, just want to see a good series...

Posted (edited)

KD hit 11 points in what 12 minutes? Even though he got reinjured afterwards, it did help warriors to end up winning this game in the end. Imagine if KD was healthy entire series, warriors would be champions by now. At this point though, Raptors will win, they should have won at end of this game, not sure why they went for such crazy 3 pointer when they only needed a 2 at end.... it was really reckless.

Edited by DJSatane

45 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

KD hit 11 points in what 12 minutes? Even though he got reinjured afterwards, it did help warriors to end up winning this game in the end. Imagine if KD was healthy entire series, warriors would be champions by now. At this point though, Raptors will win, they should have won at end of this game, not sure why they went for such crazy 3 pointer when they only needed a 2 at end.... it was really reckless.

That 11 pts certainly help them.

On the contrary, if the warriors didn't make the 20-0 run in game 2, it's already 0:4.

58 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

It’s terrible to see KD go down like that. Looney I don’t think is a huge loss except that it reduces their depth.  I’d still put the warriors chance of winning the series under 25% but that’s a lot more than no chance.  Anyway the main reason why I was rooting for them is my money playoff roto league and I already surpassed the second place guy today with Klay’s final three.  So actually I don’t care anymore, just want to see a good series...

I think GSW has at least 60% in game 6 and 50% in game 7, so at least 30% chance. More optimistic: 65% in game 6 and 55% in game 7 which gives them a 36% chance.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Y'all bush league fans just cheered when KD went down. The pot calling the kettle black :)

Yeah, I don't agree with that, it was lame. But GSW fans set a low bar in this series attacking players and then booing Lowry for stopping what could have gone crazy (Imagine that happened to Dray? He would have decked the punk and coulda been all in. No disrespect to Dray he's just an aggressive guy). Anyway, good game. Good series, onto game 6 take them down in Oracle...Again...for the 4th time this year.

@DJSatane that was actually really, really good defense by GSW quick, and well timed double on Kawhi gave him no options and that corner three was all they got left with. Maybe NN was too predictable with the play call...

Edited by Jake the snake

4 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

?? They almost beat themselves again. Had another lead that was blown in the second half. Too many turnovers, huge defensive lapses. That's not Warrior basketball. If they find themselves and dig deep, they can do this. Definitely not close to over, in fact, if I was a Raptors fan, I'd be sweating right now. No shade at Raps fans whatsoever, it's just funny how quickly people are to forget. They did it without KD before, they are capable of doing it again, and personally, I think they will now.

If you told me we'd be up 3-2 going into game 6 before the season, i'd have taken it (I mean I said Raps in 7 before the series). This is a good team. They've already shown they can bounce back. I absolutely believe they will and take this series.

Just reading about KD more, massive blow. Hope he recovers well, but that didn't look good. Problem was I've been talking with a mate who played college level ball and he had the same injury (achilles) and ended his career. He is now a physio. He was adamant that KD injured his achilles the first time as it was too low for a calf injury and said there is no way he can come back. Watch the first injury and he goes straight to his achilles tendon not his calf. Retrospect is easy now, but this was a bad call and may really mess up KD's career. I mean it's the finals and he had a lot of pressure internally and externally to play, but the medical team should have been better on this - that is their failing in the end. Fingers crossed he comes back strong. We need a strong KD in this league. He is an outrageously good player. 

One thing all these injuries prove once again is the regular season is just WAY too long for how intense the game is now. People talk about the ol' days players playing the same, but the league was never as intense as it is now teams are expected to play defense the whole game now (even though guys still clearly don't to save themselves). Season should be no more than 50 games. I doubt it happens, but the thing that could tip the scales is "load management". Fans are going to get pissed real quick if all the stars are playing 60-65 games per season while prices continue to go up (so they should be). I love load management for what it has got out of Kawhi and his health now (even though he is still clearly struggling lol, but without it I think he'd be cooked), but all season it annoyed me as a fan mostly because we never new until last minute and fans are paying big bucks for the tickets and TV contracts. Make it a 40-50 game season (over maybe 1 month less and no B2B) all games become a much better quality. You get less injuries and the playoffs are a war of the best not a war of attrition.

P.S. Sorry again on behalf of all the TRUE raptors fans for the cheering from a small fraction of the crowd in Toronto. That was lame (like I said before). These punks you see in the lower bowl are mostly rich Maple Leaf fans that have jumped on the band wagon and priced us real hoops fans out of going to the games. Sad. The fan behaviour from both sides has been pretty poor and sadly a race to the bottom and not trying to pride on respect. Let's all be better eh?

What an entertaining game.  Kawhi really almost cut their head off in the 4th.  That was definitely Jordan-esque.  But time and time again, the Warriors have proven they should never be counted out until its over. 

I still think the Raptors are probably going to close it out in game 6 because I don't think this will rattle Kawhi and especially now with KD out again.  But as long as Klay and Steph are out there, they have a great chance.  But man oh man, if the Raptors don't, and it goes to a game 7, wow, then it gets really interesting.... 

Regarding KD, it is so sad for him tho.  For all the s*** he gets. He comes back, was playing well, and the worst thing happens.  He might never be the same now after most likely having a torn achilles.  This was why Kawhi's decision last year should not be ridiculed or questioned anymore by anyone.  When its a leg injury, this shows that its better to be extremely cautious.  And none of us know what the doctors were telling KD specifically regarding the risks in playing, but if any player decides not to play hurt with a leg injury, they should not be ridiculed for it or called soft.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Yeah, I don't agree with that, it was lame.

Just to show what most of the fans thought on the KD injury. Don't judge the many by the few:

It doesn't excuse what those few did (and Sorry on behalf or raptors fans to KD and all of Bball), but lets not let it get carried away.

4 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

If you told me we'd be up 3-2 going into game 6 before the season, i'd have taken it (I mean I said Raps in 7 before the series). This is a good team. They've already shown they can bounce back. I absolutely believe they will and take this series.

Just reading about KD more, massive blow. Hope he recovers well, but that didn't look good. Problem was I've been talking with a mate who played college level ball and he had the same injury (achilles) and ended his career. He is now a physio. He was adamant that KD injured his achilles the first time as it was too low for a calf injury and said there is no way he can come back. Watch the first injury and he goes straight to his achilles tendon not his calf. Retrospect is easy now, but this was a bad call and may really mess up KD's career. I mean it's the finals and he had a lot of pressure internally and externally to play, but the medical team should have been better on this - that is their failing in the end. Fingers crossed he comes back strong. We need a strong KD in this league. He is an outrageously good player. 

One thing all these injuries prove once again is the regular season is just WAY too long for how intense the game is now. People talk about the ol' days players playing the same, but the league was never as intense as it is now teams are expected to play defense the whole game now (even though guys still clearly don't to save themselves). Season should be no more than 50 games. I doubt it happens, but the thing that could tip the scales is "load management". Fans are going to get pissed real quick if all the stars are playing 60-65 games per season while prices continue to go up (so they should be). I love load management for what it has got out of Kawhi and his health now (even though he is still clearly struggling lol, but without it I think he'd be cooked), but all season it annoyed me as a fan mostly because we never new until last minute and fans are paying big bucks for the tickets and TV contracts. Make it a 40-50 game season (over maybe 1 month less and no B2B) all games become a much better quality. You get less injuries and the playoffs are a war of the best not a war of attrition.

P.S. Sorry again on behalf of all the TRUE raptors fans for the cheering from a small fraction of the crowd in Toronto. That was lame (like I said before). These punks you see in the lower bowl are mostly rich Maple Leaf fans that have jumped on the band wagon and priced us real hoops fans out of going to the games. Sad. The fan behaviour from both sides has been pretty poor and sadly a race to the bottom and not trying to pride on respect. Let's all be better eh?

Well said brother.

• Thanks 1

Both teams just can't miss right now lol. It's gonna be one of them gut wrenching Game 6's.