The 7th Beatles

Demaryius Thomas 2019 Outlook

Didn't see him play but given the numbers (even though its pre-season and week 4 of preseason at that where its mostly guys who are on roster bubble playing), price, his history and Pats being a fairly decent fantasy situation definitely worth a stab in some leagues. 

For those who watched some of the game or saw him play how did he look? I can't get over how bad and old he looked last year with Broncos so I thought an achilles would be pretty much the end of his career at least as a relevant WR.  

Help! I am seriously thinking of picking up DT and dropping Keke Coutee right now based on tonight's game.  I play 10 team standard and either one will be a bench player for me.  I like Keke but he gets injured easy, he only gets short dump passes which Duke should steal some of those, he had 1 touch down last year.  However, I feel he would be decent IF Fuller gets hurt again but more so for PPR I think.  DT does worry me coming off injury for sure. But without Gronk and a good TE, DT could be a major Redzone stud for Brady.. 

Give me some input here guys.. Bad idea?     

think hes a smart handcuff for Gordon owners. rather have this handcuff in ppr over a barber ro jo type rb

Please God, no one drop someone valuable for this guy. STAY CALM.

You, up there, don't drop Keke for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

yea i would keep Keke over DT. agreed

I am personally keeping Keke, but N'Keal harry is burning  a hole in my pocket right now.

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Stay calm Brady just lost his biggest TD weapon in gronk, you don’t think Brady and death Vader (Bill) don’t know they need a big trusted receiver for inside the 20 ?  They thinking Super Bowl and you can’t win. Super Bowl without a major red zone receiver  when you gotta go up against the chiefs to get there ..... who ever do t pick him up will definitely regret it , him and Brady have been picking each other’s brains and 1 on 1 practice time read the reports 

20 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

He needs to convert to TE. That would be something 

Shhhhhhh

Patriots have him in a get bigger/stronger program just for that. Ladies and gents....DT...the Gronk replacment.

2 hours ago, Brye said:

Honestly patriots would be stupid not to keep him and start him, Brady and him could be a deadly combo, more so than any of the WRs on the team, he has a knack for the red zone and I wasn’t the slightest impressed with the Brady to Gordon connection last year

I am seriously thinking of picking up DT and dropping Keke Coutee right now based on tonight's game.  I play 10 team standard and either one will be a bench player for me.  I like Keke but he gets injured easy, he only gets short dump passes which Duke should steal some of those, he had 1 touch down last year.  However, I feel he would be decent IF Fuller gets hurt again but more so for PPR I think.  DT does worry me coming off injury for sure. But without Gronk and a good TE, DT could be a major Redzone stud for Brady.. 

Give me some input.. Bad idea?

1 minute ago, dwcoleman said:

I am seriously thinking of picking up DT and dropping Keke Coutee right now based on tonight's game.  I play 10 team standard and either one will be a bench player for me.  I like Keke but he gets injured easy, he only gets short dump passes which Duke should steal some of those, he had 1 touch down last year.  However, I feel he would be decent IF Fuller gets hurt again but more so for PPR I think.  DT does worry me coming off injury for sure. But without Gronk and a good TE, DT could be a major Redzone stud for Brady.. 

Give me some input.. Bad idea?

Lamar ACL helps Keke

He had a good game tonight but I don't know about a Gronk replacement

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Brye said:

Stay calm Brady just lost his biggest TD weapon in gronk, you don’t think Brady and death Vader (Bill) don’t know they need a big trusted receiver for inside the 20 ?  They thinking Super Bowl and you can’t win. Super Bowl without a major red zone receiver  when you gotta go up against the chiefs to get there ..... who ever do t pick him up will definitely regret it , him and Brady have been picking each other’s brains and 1 on 1 practice time read the reports 

You just described Edelman and/or Gordon, but ok. You do you bud, good luck with him.

"him and Brady have been picking each other’s brains and 1 on 1 practice time read the reports "

That literally happens with 90% of receivers.....

Edited by kball09
  • Like 1

Edelman isn't a big trusted receiver in the RZ. DT actually has a very similar skillset to Hernandez and the way they used to employ Hernandez. I think DT is going to have a good year in NE. As I predicted months ago that NE was probably the best landing spot for DT, especially if healthy. They are going to make use of his YAC ability.

16 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I completely hear you!!  I am not head over heals over DT by no means.  I suppose my problem is that I do not have much confidence at all with Keke in a standard platform. I picked him up at the end of the draft thinking Fuller would go down again.  I indirectly followed Keke last year because I had Watson as my QB and wasn't very impressed.  All I am saying is, what if DT became the redzone king for Brady this year?  I know, I am reaching lol..    

Keke is not worth owning in a 10 team standard redraft league.

Posted (edited)

I like DT, but I don't (personally) suddenly change my opinion of my drafted players, nor a veteran that has looked over the hill for a while now, based one game of preseason against weak competition. But more power to y'all.

Both TDs were horrendous coverage:

So yes, if they play against these painfully bad DBs all year, all aboard the DT train. Drop your last guy for him, no problem. But thinking you're going to get high value from the WR3 for the Patriots pulled off the scrap heap is just unrealistic IMO.

Edited by kball09

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Keke is not worth owning in a 10 team standard redraft league.

That is what I am thinking 100%.  I have Keke and Duke Johnson btw.  Would you drop keke for DT? 10 team standard? 

The coverage doesn't matter. The health and skillset in the NE system do. DT is a perfect fit.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

The coverage doesn't matter.

I'm going to go ahead and stop listening to you now.

Posted (edited)

No problem. Complaining about the coverage without also accounting for the 2nd and 3rd teamers on the offense is a moot point. All that matters is a healthy DT.

Edited by devaster