Sign in to follow this  
jahweedum

What's the value of Severino right now?

In shallower leagues probably not much. But also consider that if someone has held him to this point, it is doubtful they will sell now for Eovaldi or Yu. But if the Severino owner is really hurting with injuries and lack of pitching, it is worth a shot.

A late mid to late round pick?

Someone with potential, but not too good. I would offer Eovaldi for him. Would rather stay patient with Darvish.

Looking at your lineup, you could also offer up Vogelbach after his next HR. Maybe Diaz and/or Donaldson when Vlad gets called up.. you might need to do a 2 for 1 with Eovaldi because he sucks so bad. This is all predicated on your belief that Sevy'll come back in July and throw fire, of course.

It’s not the value that I place on Severino, it’s the value that the owner of Severino places on him.  The best advice that I can give here is to feel out the owner as to his thoughts on what he would move him for. 

As a Severino owner I would never trade him at this point for the likes of Eovaldi. I honestly think your best bet is to ride out the injury if you can - you're not going to land what you want unless there is a Yankee fan in your league. Yu would be the better reach of the two IMO but If I was going to float out trades I'd probably shoot for someone like Taillon, Happ or Mikolas (I personally have more faith in these guys going forward than the previous two - and I'm a Yu owner)

I have Severino, and I turned down Buster Posey straight up.  Yea, not the greatest offer, but I don't even have a catcher right now, so I can see where the owner was comping from.

Unless you need to practically give him away, I'd hold tight until he comes back.