Fuzzy_Slippers

4/17 - GAME DAY THREAD

I just tuned in to see who closes for Philly, but they said Arrieta looks like he wants to go 9... so, still no more clarity unless Jake stumbles in the 9th.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, taobball said:

Yeah I honestly might have to drop Wheeler a few spots. I don’t get crazy about restrictions but Wheelers usage has been dumb. 

Pitch Counts reverse order: 

which wouldn’t be bad if he had a 3.00 era, but they’ve been forcing him in games while he hasn’t been... good. The 103 game is the Philly game and I would’ve had him out of there easily at 88-92 after that first walk in his last inning.

It is the Mess.
At least it's Wheeler's walk year, so they probably thinking squeeze as many pitches out of him as possible and let him be someone else's prob.

Overall, a pretty good start. Gave up only 2 baserunners in his final 3. Prob was it was 2 hrs.

Edited by papasmurf

too bad for Jake. Had Alonso not gotten that infield single he would prob close it out. Speaking of why isn't Neris getting any work?

Mondessi not looking good at the dish today. K with the bases full. Still looking for his first hit on the road I think...

10 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

Mondessi not looking good at the dish today. K with the bases full. Still looking for his first hit on the road I think...

plus a fielding error. gotta take the good w/ the bad. 

Pretty crappy 2nd ER for Arrieta.  Allow the first guy on and then the BP manages to let him score before securing the game...

is anyone benching Cookie Carrasco @SEA tonight? or was last week's fiasco just a blip on the radar. 

17 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Sonny Gray is my ace

Nvm

10 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

is anyone benching Cookie Carrasco @SEA tonight? or was last week's fiasco just a blip on the radar. 

Impossible to predict his blowups, just start him every time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deke said:

Why was Moncada PH for?

My guess is that its because he was hit in the head by the throw when stealing 2nd earlier in the game. 

24 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Sonny Gray is my ace

Lol, he has been better, but he still shows signs of being Sonny Gray 😂

Lol of course Buehler leaves with runners on first and second and their pathetic bullpen immediately gives up a run after a passed ball. That's a bs earned run for Walker.

25 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Lol of course Buehler leaves with runners on first and second and their pathetic bullpen immediately gives up a run after a passed ball. That's a bs earned run for Walker.

Its unearned on espn and yahoo

2 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

QS vs Atlanta and Minny.  Should make it 4/4 to start the year (I assume he is done for the day).  Doesn't seem like much guessing needs to be going on at the moment.

Idk.  Warning signs galore with him.  K rate 5.79.  BABIP .213.  FIP 4.71. K-BB/9 1.93! 

Hunter "DONT CALL ME BRIAN" Dozier