Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Trade for Tatis? WHIR

Redraft Points League

Got an offer to give up Mondesi, Bumgarner, and German Marquez and receive Tatis, Berrios and Carrasco.

Thinking about this as a way to sell high on Marquez and buy low on Carrasco while getting a player as exciting as Tatis.

Thoughts?

I personally wouldn't do it. With Carrasco's struggles at the plate combined with Tatis's lack of a resume, I would just hold on to Marquez and Bumgarner who are performing decently well. 

I'd stick with what I have.  Marquez was pretty good last season as well, so I'm not sure there's really a reason to sell high.

7 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Redraft Points League

Got an offer to give up Mondesi, Bumgarner, and German Marquez and receive Tatis, Berrios and Carrasco.

Thinking about this as a way to sell high on Marquez and buy low on Carrasco while getting a player as exciting as Tatis.

Thoughts?

Part of me says hold, because I like Mondesi & think MadBum gets traded mid-season to a contender, which helps his value. 

But if you feel Carassco turns it around, getting him & Berrios is a nice return, along with Tatis, who seems to have found his groove. No issues if you make the trade.

Thanks for mine & good luck!

I would hold for now.  Thanks for the help with mine.

Marquez is very good and currently the best SP out of those guys. Carrasco will be fine though. Mondesi is too good to trade for Tatis, who will likely be a non-factor this year. Pass for me.

Tatis side

Bum will end up 4+ era

German is good but had a 4+ home era last year

Love mondesi but tatis is legit

7 hours ago, Chewy47 said:

In a redraft league I'd stay put. In the keeper I'd pull the triger

This is kinda what I'm thinking as well.

Return the favor?

I would pull the trigger.  I love Tatis and Berrios and I think Mondesi could bust out due to his lousy plate discipline and Marquez at home is unproven.

Thanks for the help.

Tatis side slightly

Hope that Tatis doesn't go through a rookie adjustment period w/ SPs figuring him out

Help with mine?