Sign in to follow this  
clarkevii

Buying low on Chris Sale (WHIR)

I put out a couple offers to the Chris Sale owner....

Chris Sale for either Jack Flaherty OR Luis Castillo

I like that Sale is hitting his velocity again even though his stuff hasn't been great.

Should I cancel my offers or should I go for it?

Team in signature.

Leave a link I will help back!

I wouldn’t bother, he’s not the same player he was before and Boston look bad this year.

• Like 1

I would keep Luis and Jack.  If you can make a 2 for 1 deal involving Robbie Ray and a closer or a bat, not sure what the other team needs, then I would pull the trigger. I traded German Marquez last week for Sale and after his first start, while I have to be optimistic, I feel like I jumped aboard the right buy low ship. 

He hit 98. That should eliminate any major concerns about an injury.  It’s not a velocity issue,it’s a mechanical issue with his location,  That’s fixable.  If he has a gem next game,you’re not getting him.  Castillo had 4 walks, if he gave up one more hit that inning his trade isn’t happening.   You win by buying low and selling high.  Castillo for sale is the definition of that.

• Like 1

Sale is too good of a pitcher and he's hitting his velocity again. I would be surprised if he even counters these offers. But if you can get him for either of those guys, it's a no-brianer.

I'd make either of those deals.

Return the favor?

Lol at not offering more than Taillon... he’ll be back to pitching like the top pitcher in the league again soon and if you didn’t offer the trade for any of them you’ll probably regret it down the road. I’d hold onto Castillo first though he could be a potential NL Cy Young