Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Add Hampson? (WHIR)

Team and league info for those on mobile (sorry for any wonky formatting):

10 team Roto 7x7 redraft    (OBP, R, HR, SB, RBI, XBH, AB    x    W, K, Sv, ERA, QS, IP, GIDP) 

C-  Chirinos, 1B- Muncy (1B/2B/3B),  2B- JoRam,  SS- Tatis, Jr,  3B- Rendon,  MI- DeJong 

CI- Alonso,    OF-  Betts,   Soto,   Rosario,   MlxSmith,   Hamilton,   U-  Cruz    

bench-  Nimmo,  GSanchez

SP- Snell,  Buehler,  Berrios,  Flaherty,  Glasnow,  Bieber         

RP- Chapman,    Osuna,     Vazquez,      Leclerc

DL-  Lindor,       CMart

How important will Hampson be in a shallow league?  I feel like now that Colorado is getting some home games in, he may be able to get things going.  But if I want him, I should probably do it now before he truly breaks out (last night not withstanding).  The only players I can still drop today are Chirinos or Nimmo (I'd probably cut Chirinos and go without at catcher until Sunday).  I'll still have some hard decisions coming in the next few days as injured guys start returning, but one bridge at a time.... ;)   Thoughts?

Thanks!  Leave your link!

If going without a catcher wont hurt you, I would consider picking up Hampson. Can always drop if he gets cold.

• Thanks 1

I agree I'd drop Chirinos and then figure out how to open a spot later, maybe 2 for 1 trade or something. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with the above.  Pick him up now and figure out the rest after.   Thanks for mine. 

• Thanks 1

Why would you not do it you wanted the upside of Hampson?  In weekly formats more managers should employ that strategy and delay hard decisions until the end of the week.  Things often become clearer over those few days...

• Thanks 1

Chirinos out, Hampson in.  Thanks guys!

Always try to answer, but you made your decision. Good luck. A lot of guys bailed on Hampson and now might be the perfect time to scoop him up. You’ll probably be deciding between him, Mallex, or Hamilton. 

• Thanks 1

Drop Chirinos for like 2 weeks and give Hampson a trial run. If it works out, great if it doesn't no harm. I also don't really like Nimmo at all

Help?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help, gang.

Thread closed.