Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/18 - GAME DAY THREAD

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

FWIW ESPN has Touki listed that day.  Also, it might have just automatically put that as his next spot if he were to stick in the rotation given their off day Monday.  But there is the debate of who will take up the 4/5 spots once Folty does finally return.

This was about Soroko listed by Yahoo having a start on 24th.

For all it's flaws Yahoo is pretty  conservative about adding the green circle next to a pitcher as their next start date so I don't think it is some automatic software in play.  Yahoo still could be wrong but usually in these cases they won't green ball a start until there is confirmation.  But then again this is a new season and they could be doing it different this year as well.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

7 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Hm, Luke Weaver not sucking so far.

Shut up about it! Lol

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

This was about Soroko listed by Yahoo having a start on 24th.

For all it's flaws Yahoo is pretty  conservative about adding the green circle next to a pitcher as their next start date so I don't think it is some automatic software in play.  Yahoo still could be wrong but usually in these cases they won't green ball a start until there is confirmation.  But then again this is a new season and they could be doing it different this year as well.

I know it was about Soroka.  But I was saying that ESPN has Touki listed as the starter for the 24th on their schedule section.  I have never played on Yahoo before so I don't know how their system works - just saying from the general talks that have occurred in the Soroka thread until now that there was no guaranteed rotation spot for Soroka beyond this start.  It was at one time thought that if Folty did well in his previous rehab start that he would have been going today or tomorrow and Soroka wouldn't have even been called up.  But given Folty's poor outing, they are giving him one more (potentially?) rehab start.  So the one and done talk has been if Folty were to come back and it was Fried and Touki taking up those final two rotation spots, if Touki would go to the BP, etc. etc.  I'm not sure what confirmation Yahoo could have of any of that beyond what anyone else could guess.  And there have been no reports of a final decision.

Edited by ToO_BaD

I wish Acuna would try to swipe some bags before Nicky Mark constantly grounds into force outs

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

braves really getting owned by luke weaver?

If you guys jinx him, just stop talking about it. Once he's out of the game, then I'll relax.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Well...now I can't drop Luke Weaver.

His strikeout numbers are excellent today.  Anyone watching it have any insight as to what he may be doing differently today that would account for this performance?

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Well...now I can't drop Luke Weaver.

Tempting 2-start week, but one of them is against the Cubs..... career vs CHC: 25 IP, 25 ER 🤢

4 minutes ago, indycolts88 said:

His strikeout numbers are excellent today.  Anyone watching it have any insight as to what he may be doing differently today that would account for this performance?

I am watching. He's good. Nice two seam fastball, his change up, and he has a cutter/slider working too. I knew he wasn't as bad as last year. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Tempting 2-start week, but one of them is against the Cubs..... career vs CHC: 25 IP, 25 ER 🤢

Doesn't sound very tempting to me lol

• Like 1

Anyone watching Pineda? He seems to be getting killed with the down an in fastball to lefties.

• Sad 1

Take a shower Pineda.  Back to the wire you go.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Anyone watching Pineda? He seems to be getting killed with the down an in fastball to lefties.

Too many pitches down the middle with very little movement. 

One K I repeat one K

Edited by weakkneeswilly

This dude Tim Anderson might steal 40+ bases

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

This dude Tim Anderson might steal 40+ bases

The confidence that he's playing with right now is off the charts.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Soroka/Sobotka are Atlanta's Jekyll and Hyde.

Braves’ bullpen has just been a disaster this season. 

I'm not watching the game. But I've always known Pineda's command as decent. It looks like he just got knocked around. Couldn't K anyone, but only walked one as well.