Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/18 - GAME DAY THREAD

33 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I'm not watching the game. But I've always known Pineda's command as decent. It looks like he just got knocked around. Couldn't K anyone, but only walked one as well.

Pretty good control, but not great command. 

• Like 1

Hirano with the save. Holland has pitched the last two days.

When Eddie Rosario gets hot like this, all you can do is walk him. He hit another one into the upper deck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Pondering if ... do I make this add. I believe but at the same time I don’t. 

The matchup is Ivan Nova @ Det 

Wow glad I pass on Nova. 

Whats up with these dudes signing these joke contracts? There is no way Davis shouldn't be getting 20+ million a season in his post arbitration days. Just ridiculous 

MLB.com's Martin Gallegos reports that the Athletics have signed Khris Davis to a two-year contract extension.

The deal will cover the 2020 and 2021 seasons and carry a $33.5 million total guarantee. Davis is already making $16.5 million this year, his final year of salary arbitration. The 31-year-old has been an absolute monster at the plate for Oakland since coming over from the Brewers in 2016, boasting 143 home runs and 355 RBI through 474 games in an A's uniform. He's currently sporting a .967 OPS with 10 home runs and 20 RBI in 20 games this season.

4 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Whats up with these dudes signing these joke contracts? There is no way Davis shouldn't be getting 20+ million a season in his post arbitration days. Just ridiculous 

MLB.com's Martin Gallegos reports that the Athletics have signed Khris Davis to a two-year contract extension.

The deal will cover the 2020 and 2021 seasons and carry a $33.5 million total guarantee. Davis is already making $16.5 million this year, his final year of salary arbitration. The 31-year-old has been an absolute monster at the plate for Oakland since coming over from the Brewers in 2016, boasting 143 home runs and 355 RBI through 474 games in an A's uniform. He's currently sporting a .967 OPS with 10 home runs and 20 RBI in 20 games this season.

He mashes 

jorge polanco missed a HR against Giles there by about two feeet. Almost got reviewed down the foul pole. Dude's locked in. 

2 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

He mashes 

He should be earning a minimum of 20 mil plus

White Sox put up 7. Top 3 in the order 0/15 with moncadas 2 k’s. One of those k’s with the bases loaded. Damnit

LETS GO DOMINGO GERMAN AND THE YANKEES!!!

• Like 1

thata boy pineda....rack one up ....boom

Glad I held onto German at the recommendation fo so many experts, this guy is trash. Just gave up a bomb. 2-1 Royals/

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Maybe Beeks or Yarborough

Yarborough is my guess. 

24 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

This is the day Luke Voit gets 2 hits in a game! I'M FEELING IT.

Your halfway there. Voit may have Homer Bailey #

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, ComeSaleAway said:

Glad I held onto German at the recommendation fo so many experts, this guy is trash. Just gave up a bomb. 2-1 Royals/

Weird game for German, 8ks through 4, losing 3-1. HRs killing him but stuff looks amazing. Lots of swing and miss. 

Edited by ComeSaleAway

Anyone else watching this Yankees game? Germans pitches look like they have crazy movement. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lightning Bat said:

Who’s confident in throwing out Freeland today at home against Philadelphia?

Not even Freeland's mom. I guess Quinn over Odubel is a plus. It's still a tough matchup. I don't know, in shallower leagues I'd sit.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Not even Freeland's mom. I guess Quinn over Odubel is a plus. It's still a tough matchup. I don't know, in shallower leagues I'd sit.

Norma Beatrice Freeland never puts Kyle on the bench, never!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Norma Beatrice Freeland never puts Kyle on the bench, never!

How was the brewers game man?