brockpapersizer

Michael Chavis 2019 Outlook

On 5/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, KilloWertz said:

Nope, and word is he hits balls out of Fenway...

He literally hit one out of Fenway today into the parking lot 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 1:58 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Not sure how much value you will get for a guy like this with no track record. I personally like chavis. He should stay in the lineup all year, only thing I don’t like is that he will always hit 6th or 7th it looks like. 

Well he hit leadoff today. Beni was rested but it does show the level of confidence in him, especially against lefties

2 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

Well he hit leadoff today. Beni was rested but it does show the level of confidence in him, especially against lefties

I have Beni too, I would love a leadoff rotation between through. Righties and lefties obviously. 

Red Sox win the world series. have the same exact team and decide they were not good enough and need to bat Betts second instead of first. dumb move. 

Chavis is impressive. he had a cold streak but has been back to smashing as of recent.

8 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Batting leadoff today. Can only hope he sees even better pitches. 

And another start at 1B, so he's only 2 starts away from being 1B/2B/3B in Yahoo leagues (or other leagues where 5 starts = eligibility). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Batting leadoff today. Can only hope he sees even better pitches. 

I’m expecting this to be the norm going forward. Chavis has a 176wRC+ against lefties. Benintendi’s against lefties is 86.

5 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

And another start at 1B, so he's only 2 starts away from being 1B/2B/3B in Yahoo leagues (or other leagues where 5 starts = eligibility). 

this would be huge

On 5/19/2019 at 11:20 PM, Ryansm11 said:

I have Beni too, I would love a leadoff rotation between through. Righties and lefties obviously. 

I had a feeling this was coming ^ lol it’s best case for both players. Tendi struggling up there against lefties right now. 

vlad guerrero was quoted saying Chavis will win ROY... big words coming from the competition

• Like 1

So u fellas confident he can be ur 2nd baseman ROS and u trade ur other guy for a piece that could shore u up?

5 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

So u fellas confident he can be ur 2nd baseman ROS and u trade ur other guy for a piece that could shore u up?

Gotta risk it for the biscuit my man. 

11 hours ago, einstein2u said:

Yes.  He continues to prove that he's legit, and the 2B eligibility is a very nice bonus (similar to Moose in that regard).

Now maybe he can hit a ball out of Minute Maid Park just like he has done several times in Fenway.

Posted (edited)

Well props for Dustin Pedroia being realistic here.  That's hard to face up to if your have been THE dirt dawg for years so tip of the cap for his honesty here.

And now the last hold-outs of the Michael Chavis only being Pedroia's fill-in at 2B people should throw in the towel at this point.  That is if there were any left:

Dustin Pedroia (knee) told the media Monday that he is "not sure" whether he'll be able to play again.

Pedroia was officially transferred to the 60-day injured list on Monday morning after suffering yet another setback with his surgically-repaired left knee in a rehab game Friday at Double-A Portland. "I'm at a point right now where I need some time," said the veteran second baseman. "That's what my status is ... It's to a point now where my knee is not allowing me to play every day. Time will give me the right answer on if I can do this." Pedroia, 35, is still owed around $36 million from the Red Sox on a contract that runs through 2021.

Source: Rob Bradford on Twitter                                              May 27, 2019, 1:53 PM ET

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

BTW more details on the Pedroia announcement in the Pedroia thread.  Turns out it was a very formal news conference flanked by Cora and Dombrowski after several days of talks between the three of them.  Looked/sounded like an unofficial retirement announcement without admitting it in some ways.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

If he retires he doesn’t get paid.  I’m sure there will soon be some type of front office job.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

If he retires he doesn’t get paid.  I’m sure there will soon be some type of front office job.

Bobby Bonilla is still getting paid. 🤔

Edited by Fantasy_Goat

Will have 1B eligibility on yahoo after tonight 

3 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Will have 1B eligibility on yahoo after tonight 

Surprised he didnt already, had it in my fantrax one where you need 5 games.

Without Pedroia pushing him and no roids he has crashed back to earth. Oh well it was fun while it was happening.