Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/20 - GAME DAY THREAD

Can't believe what Yelich is doing! Obviously, I'm up against him this week. Making my Rosario stats non-relevant as he sweeps all the offensive cats lol

Posted (edited)

Michael Chavis pinch hits a rocket double in his first MLB appearance for Boston.  Off of a Alvarado 99 mph fastball.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

All eyes are on Yelich. Has there been a Front Row Amy sighting tonight?

19 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Wow nice start from Nola, Cole, and Touki, thanks 

Nola has been arguably the worst pitcher in the major leagues this year.  Why would you start him at the worst pitchers' park in baseball?

Nola is bound for the disgraceful list. What a disaster.

Posted (edited)

As crazy as it sounds for a guy who finished 3rd in Cy Young voting last year, could Aaron Nola actually get sent down to the minors like the Phillies did with Pivetta?  Nola has been the worst pitcher in baseball this year, and his peripherals are just as terrible as his ERA

Edited by FootballFan101

Man, Luis Castillo is the most unhittable-looking pitcher I've laid my eyes on this year.  97 MPH smoke offset by the best changeup in the game that comes out of his hand looking exactly like his heater.  Opposing batters are just up there guessing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Out of all the early round pitchers, the pitcher I'd be most concerned about is Aaron Nola.  He's basically become just a batting practice pitcher at this point.  Already given up an incredible 7 HRs and his walks are way up, and his strikeouts way down this year.

Kluber, Carrasco, Buehler, and Flaherty are all great buy lows in my opinion.  Sale if you believe he's healthy (which I'm not convinced he is) is also a decent buy low.  Nola, I just don't see a lot of hope for.

You rather buy low on an unhealthy Sale than Nola? Lol Its like you hate Nola for some reason.

3 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

As crazy as it sounds for a guy who finished 3rd in Cy Young voting last year, could Aaron Nola actually get sent down to the minors like the Phillies did with Pivetta?  Nola has been the worst pitcher in baseball this year, and his peripherals are just as terrible as his ERA

Pivetta is a career scrub. Much more likely they just IL Nola with a phantom injury to try and get him straightened out. Unless he’s injured for real. There’s no way he’s this bad. 

Just now, Evincar said:

You rather buy low on an unhealthy Sale than Nola? Lol Its like you hate Nola for some reason.

I just said I don't think Sale is healthy in my previous post so I wouldn't touch him personally.  However, if you do believe Sale is healthy, a healthy Sale has a very proven long track record in contrast to Nola.

Just now, TribeFoo said:

Pivetta is a career scrub. Much more likely they just IL Nola with a phantom injury to try and get him straightened out. Unless he’s injured for real. There’s no way he’s this bad. 

Would be very bad timing for Nola fantasy owners if he gets sent to the minors or the IL, with the Marlins and Tigers looming as his next two matchups.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, abachar said:

Is anyone else's stats for the Twins doubleheader not showing up?

Believe it or not Garver's are but Buxton's are not on ESPN. Not sure about the other Twins. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

Get excited to see that my opponent won’t get a QS from Kluber or Mad Max.  Only had two starters today and then I’m done so I needed one or two to break the tie and hope for the best.  Cue Berrios and Cole 😡

Just now, Bit711 said:

Gallo just smacks the crap out of the ball. Fun to watch. 

Cole looks awful tonight, but I still say buy low on him.  All his peripherals look fine, just been very unlucky with run support and strand rate

Knock on wood, but man, does Trevor Bauer look great this year or what?  He hasn't succumbed at all to the early round pitcher curse.

Have I mentioned that I love Eddie Rosario?  No?

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like 1