Sign in to follow this  
Golden Spikes

Ty France

will show up probably nowhere on prospect lists, but was slated to be the starting 3B before the Padres signed Machado.

Had a nice year last year, is only 24, and should get a chance somewhere.  What hes doing to start this year is wow

.435/.500/.820 with 7 bombs, 7 2b's, 1 3b, and 24 rbis in 17 games

hes also now playing 2B almost primarily, but has played 3B and 1B as well

keep an eye, someone might add him during this season

• Thanks 2

Best guy that no one has ever heard of.... guess he's getting reps at 2nd and 1st the last couple weeks... maybe one of those utility guys that gets 4 to 5 starts a week...anyway he's definitely garnering attention 

What he's up to is interesting (for deep dynasty) though he's not one of SD's top 30 prospects (which doesn't mean a ton in a very deep system) but I am more skeptical of this years' numbers being PCL/MLB super-ball facades...still might be a window for him to seize 2B looks as Urias feel flat and Kinsler is not the answer.

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

What he's up to is interesting (for deep dynasty) though he's not one of SD's top 30 prospects (which doesn't mean a ton in a very deep system) but I am more skeptical of this years' numbers being PCL/MLB super-ball facades...still might be a window for him to seize 2B looks as Urias feel flat and Kinsler is not the answer.

My thought is with the way Urias and kinsler have hit or not hit. The fact that France is making contact is already a huge upgrade

• Like 1

He led their minor league system last year in total bases

• Like 1

This reminds me a bit of Taylor Ward 'emerging' in the PCL last year though Ward had some pedigree being a former 1st round pick.  It is hard to knock the numbers and there may be a path to a chance at the big league level, so he can hardly be ignored, but imo he is only worth a speculative add at this point in very deep leagues or leagues with minor rosters that also allow for deep rosters.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

My thought is with the way Urias and kinsler have hit or not hit. The fact that France is making contact is already a huge upgrade

I wonder how his D at 2b has been.   Because there's clear opportunity for PT there at the MLB level. 

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

I wonder how his D at 2b has been.   Because there's clear opportunity for PT there at the MLB level. 

They say defensively he’s like pirela which is really really bad

• Haha 2

But he hits like Ted Williams down there...in El Paso

Remember everyone, the PCL is using the juiced-up MLB ball.  Very well could be a part of all this.

1 hour ago, daynlokki said:

Remember everyone, the PCL is using the juiced-up MLB ball.  Very well could be a part of all this.

which is where I go back to 

at least hes making contact unlike Urias or Kinsler have done

6 hours ago, daynlokki said:

I think it probably has some to do with it... but not everyone is hitting .400 the first month of the season... several are struggling.... I dont disagree that the pcl is an extreme hitters league... all the stars video game it there... 

10 hours ago, hard1 said:

I think it probably has some to do with it... but not everyone is hitting .400 the first month of the season... several are struggling.... I dont disagree that the pcl is an extreme hitters league... all the stars video game it there... 

Well 3 guys are over .400 currently in the PCL, which includes Travis Snider.  Jorge Mateo is batting .386 after hitting .230 last year in the PCL.  

5 hours ago, daynlokki said:

France's BB rate is also puke level low.  4 total BBs in 82 PA

So only 3 players hitting over .400.. probably cause juiced balls... guess the pcl doesn't inflate everyone...I don't think this guy hits over .250 in the pros... but he's getting it done right now... hard to take a walk when he's hitting the cover off the ball...I think a grain of salt is required with the pcl but can't discount all of his stats or anyone's when not everyone is hitting .400 and has three multi homerun games...this smells like chris shelton... but I've missed on breakouts before because I thought the same thing...

3 minutes ago, hard1 said:

So only 3 players hitting over .400.. probably cause juiced balls... guess the pcl doesn't inflate everyone...I don't think this guy hits over .250 in the pros... but he's getting it done right now... hard to take a walk when he's hitting the cover off the ball...I think a grain of salt is required with the pcl but can't discount all of his stats or anyone's when not everyone is hitting .400 and has three multi homerun games...this smells like chris shelton... but I've missed on breakouts before because I thought the same thing...

Stats scream regression.  .429 BABIP, BB/K rate of 0.29 and a HR/FB rate OF SIXTY PERCENT.  No way any of that continues.

• Confused 1

Well, 3 guys in the PCL.  For AAA as a whole, it's Ty France, Cavan Biggio, Travis Snider, Austin Nola, Bruce Maxwell and Eury Perez.   39 total players hitting over .350 that qualify for the batting title.  

15 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Sounds a lot like Franmil Reyes last year.

How's that working out this season?

38 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

How's that working out this season?

haha, I agree!  Just meant that Reyes blasted his way into the conversation last year after his hot start, but the ratios caught up to him in the bigs.  Still can hit for a ton of power, and France could be a similar type that might get a chance, just would temper expectations on the hot start.

11 hours ago, daynlokki said:

France's BB rate is also puke level low.  4 total BBs in 82 PA

Add in 10 hbp as well