Sign in to follow this  
Golden Spikes

Ty France

5 hours ago, daynlokki said:

How's that working out this season?

Just fine if France is franimal the padres will find a spot for him

El Paso: Now that he has enough official at-bats, Ty France leads all full season minor leagues in average (.396) and OPS (1.241). His slashline of .396/.475/.765 also paces all minor leaguers. In 66 games he has 24 home runs and 74 RBIs. Translated over a full minor league season (140 games) France would have 51 home runs and 166 RBIs. The last minor league player to hit .400 was Erubial Durazo, who hit .404 between Double-A and Triple-A with 24 home runs and 83 RBIs in 94 games. Durazo went on to play for the World Champion Diamondbacks in 2001. In 2011, Jose Altuve hit .389 between High-A Lancaster and Double-A Corpus Christi. The last player before Durazo to hit .400 was Aaron Pointer, who hit .401 as a Colt .45 minor leaguer in 1961. It should be noted that Pointer was an older brother of the Pointer Sisters.

homered today in the 1st, up to .398

• Like 1

I was underwhelmed watching France in San Diego earlier this season, but he did have a very really good ABs where I remember thinking that there is something there.  I know he has no shot at playing a role in SD’s future, but I think some team will trade for him and get a steal. 

1 hour ago, tommyGunZ said:

I was underwhelmed watching France in San Diego earlier this season, but he did have a very really good ABs where I remember thinking that there is something there.  I know he has no shot at playing a role in SD’s future, but I think some team will trade for him and get a steal. 

I remember it was like a 15 pitch ab against someone really good and ended with a double?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

I remember it was like a 15 pitch ab against someone really good and ended with a double?

Close: 14 off of Joe Kelly.

6 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

4-5 HR 27, now at .405, this is insane

@Golden Spikes - I know you are a big Pads guy and respect your opinion.  What do you think of France?  Obviously, the juiced ball has to be taken into account, but his numbers even factoring in same are still crazy good.  Do you think he gets any shot with the Pads before year end, outside of a September call-up, and is there any path to playing time?

I know it wasn't directed towards me, but one would have to think any chance of France getting any playing time even if he was recalled would be tied to Urias.  If he never truly figures it out, then I could see them calling France up and giving up on Urias.

2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

@Golden Spikes - I know you are a big Pads guy and respect your opinion.  What do you think of France?  Obviously, the juiced ball has to be taken into account, but his numbers even factoring in same are still crazy good.  Do you think he gets any shot with the Pads before year end, outside of a September call-up, and is there any path to playing time?

I see him as having zero chance of being with the Padres come ST, maybe as Hosmer/Machado insurance, but I would think some team will come calling, and get themselves a good player

the Padres just have too many pieces ahead of him and it would take an injury to get him some PT

here is what his coach said about him

"He’s such a good athlete. He can play different positions and he can be good in different positions: third base, first base. He played second base in spring training. 

“He’s such an athlete. These days, we’ve seen around the big leagues, those kinds of players, their value is outstanding. That will give a manager, whether in the big leagues or the minor leagues, more options with the lineup, maybe more options to keep another pitcher on the roster.

“That’s what Ty France brings to the game, not only to El Paso but any team in the big leagues: his versatility, and he will hit. He will hit for power, he will hit for average. He’s a leader. He’s hard-nosed, no excuses. You always need those players.”

- April 6, 2019, Chihuahuas manager Edwin Rodriguez

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I see him as having zero chance of being with the Padres come ST, maybe as Hosmer/Machado insurance, but I would think some team will come calling, and get themselves a good player

the Padres just have too many pieces ahead of him and it would take an injury to get him some PT

here is what his coach said about him

"He’s such a good athlete. He can play different positions and he can be good in different positions: third base, first base. He played second base in spring training. 

“He’s such an athlete. These days, we’ve seen around the big leagues, those kinds of players, their value is outstanding. That will give a manager, whether in the big leagues or the minor leagues, more options with the lineup, maybe more options to keep another pitcher on the roster.

“That’s what Ty France brings to the game, not only to El Paso but any team in the big leagues: his versatility, and he will hit. He will hit for power, he will hit for average. He’s a leader. He’s hard-nosed, no excuses. You always need those players.”

- April 6, 2019, Chihuahuas manager Edwin Rodriguez

Not sure about zero chance. The Padres want starting pitching and will likely try to make a trade this offseason. France could be part of that trade, or he could have the chance to fill an open position from a trade. Urias could be a necessary piece in a trade. He is more than capable at 2B from what I have seen, but I'm a little surprised he hasn't played some OF this year. With Reyes gone and Myers being someone they want to move the best chance for playing time might be out there.

11 hours ago, corey_rideout said:

Not sure about zero chance. The Padres want starting pitching and will likely try to make a trade this offseason. France could be part of that trade, or he could have the chance to fill an open position from a trade. Urias could be a necessary piece in a trade. He is more than capable at 2B from what I have seen, but I'm a little surprised he hasn't played some OF this year. With Reyes gone and Myers being someone they want to move the best chance for playing time might be out there.

They love Naylor and are committed to making him an OF.

3 hours ago, 96mnc said:

They love Naylor and are committed to making him an OF.

Someone like Margot is more of what I was thinking. Other than a couple short stretches what has he done these last 2 seasons? The question then becomes whether or not he could handle playing CF. He is pretty athletic but CF is a completely different ballgame altogether. Point is, someone is going to have to find a spot to give this kid a chance soon. Just don't think it's zero chance that it is the padres haha

On 4/24/2019 at 2:37 AM, Golden Spikes said:

Just fine if France is franimal the padres will find a spot for him

France doesn't have Franmil's power but he's likely the overall better hitter and it may be by quite a bit.  His OBP this year is absolutely absurd.

Posted (edited)

There is rumbling that if the padres can move Myers he would start working out in LF and also act as a platoon mate for hosmer if he doesn’t figure out lefties

Right now he’s getting a lot of time at 2b in case the padres trade urias as well

Edited by Golden Spikes

That was fast. On local pads radio they saying France coming back up to replace Tatis going to dl 

7 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

That was fast. On local pads radio they saying France coming back up to replace Tatis going to dl 

So Urias to SS then?

1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

So Urias to SS then?

I actually think machado goes to SS so France can play 3b. 

Still not confirmed he's coming up eh? You'd have to think he would be but crazier things have happened. 

11 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Urias was there last night but I don't believe France is on the roster yet.

12 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Where do you see Tatis Jr playing in this scenario?

10 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

Where do you see Tatis Jr playing in this scenario?

tatis is on the injured list. that's the surrounding story that's potentially driving a france call-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, staj18 said:

Still not confirmed he's coming up eh? You'd have to think he would be but crazier things have happened. 

it could be one of those situations where they are just waiting til the last minute with Tatis, maybe he wakes up Friday and is like I feel 100x better