Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/21 - GAME DAY THREAD

57 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I want to drop all my pitchers and roll with a crap guy like fried who never tips his pitches like every other pitcher in mlb

Sadly, that would be working this season with so many supposed aces taking dumps on mounds across the league.

Not to take anything away from Fried, as he's obviously been good so far this season, but better than Scherzer, Sale, Kluber, deGrom, and I'm sure you get the idea?  Ummm, no.

These stat corrections for pitchers don't need to be so drastic.  Bieber still has good stats, but damn, he didn't need to fix his stats all in one night...

10 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Sadly, that would be working this season with so many supposed aces taking dumps on mounds across the league.

Not to take anything away from Fried, as he's obviously been good so far this season, but better than Scherzer, Sale, Kluber, deGrom, and I'm sure you get the idea?  Ummm, no.

These stat corrections for pitchers don't need to be so drastic.  Bieber still has good stats, but damn, he didn't need to fix his stats all in one night...

This...Max Freakin Fried is a great pitcher who can be trusted against any offense while you have to bite your nails when Sale and the others pitch.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, herschel said:

Dumb couple of runs given up by Fried in the 7th.  Really no need for him to be out there up 11-0.

You're right, the manager should've taken him out to protect your fantasy team. No reason to send him out in the 7th after cruising through 6 easy shutout innings when herschel's ratios are at risk!

Edited by cs3

Plawecki the catcher with the 1-2-3 top of the 9th inning pitching for Cleveland

6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

You're right, the manager should've taken him out to protect your fantasy team. No reason to send him out in the 7th after cruising through 6 easy shutout innings when herschel's ratios are at risk!

He was at 98 pitches to start the 7th.  For a rookie pitcher in April who is obviously going to be on an innings limit this season, I would be looking to stretch those innings however possible.

4 minutes ago, herschel said:

He was at 98 pitches to start the 7th.  For a rookie pitcher in April who is obviously going to be on an innings limit this season, I would be looking to stretch those innings however possible, unless of course, he had pitched another hitless inning in the 7th. In that case, I would've been ecstatic!

I know right

6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

I’m a strange person.

I know right.

• Haha 1

Podrick sang to those girls

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, WaKe21334 said:

I’ll give you one guess. 

Death, taxes and Aaron Sanchez developing a blister. Only sure things in life.

My bad it was a fingernail issue. It should read death, taxes and an aaron sanchez finger issue.