Sign in to follow this  
Canuck14

Dynasty Trade - offered Betts for Bregman WHIR

I was just offered Mookie Betts and Brandon Rodgers for Alex Bregman + Jameson Taillon and Nolan Gorgman. This will leave me scrambling at SS, but I have to take it, don’t i?

the coles notes of my lineup is: 

catcher: Contreras 

1b: Alonso 

2b: altuve 

ss: Bregman 

3b: Jose Ramirez 

Of: Trout

of: pollock 

of: peralta

util: Suarez 

util: voit

bench: nimmo, piscotty, Upton, Verdugo 

I won’t bother listing my SP. my strategy with it being head to head is to have stud hitting, punting saves and just things to overpower the wins, quality starts and Ks. 

Anyways, as you can see it will weaken me at SS, I’ll havd to find someone. But I can’t pass up Betts can I?

Happy to help in return 

I don't really think it is a no brainer either way. Roster makeup and availability area big issue here. It isn't as easy as who to draft first in the first round. 

They are similar value as both will blow up, but Betts isn't that much better than Bregman IMO.If you have to play a low tier SS, and bench a decent OF/Bat then it may hurt you.

I am interested in what others say. 

• Like 1

Betts is significantly better than Bregman, but Taillon is very good too. Your OF is solid so I don’t know, I think I might actually pass on this if I were you. Betts/WW SS/WW SP or Bregman/OF you don‘t bench/Taillon? I think I go with the Bregman side.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. If it makes any difference, Amed Rosario is the best option available on the wire. I hear what you all are saying. I tend to grab the best talent whenever I can and deal with filling out holes later, but maybe I'm overrating the difference between Betts and Bregman