Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/23 - GAME DAY THREAD

35 minutes ago, midlip said:

Am I the only one still on the Pablo Lopez train? 

spacer.png

Dropped him but still watching for two good starts in a row or one dominant outing before re-adding

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

Anyone streaming Luke Weaver?  Go Backs....

Me sadly enough, he has had a few good starts... I think he will be decent. Probably give up 2-3 runs across 6 innings. 

25 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Me sadly enough, he has had a few good starts... I think he will be decent. Probably give up 2-3 runs across 6 innings. 

I'm in and not sure why we'd need to apologize for starting a guy with >10K/9.  Sign me up.

9 minutes ago, kenag122002 said:

I'm in and not sure why we'd need to apologize for starting a guy with >10K/9.  Sign me up.

Cause I’ve seen this movie before. I stream said pitcher who has pitched well just to watch him get torn to shreds by a pitiful offense he should dominate. 

9 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Cause I’ve seen this movie before. I stream said pitcher who has pitched well just to watch him get torn to shreds by a pitiful offense he should dominate. 

Right, variance occurs.  But that's not news.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, intothedarkness said:

Not sure if I should start Corbin today but I'm leaning towards yes. He's been lights out and I think he could do decently well even at Coors

In 11 career games at Coors Field, Corbin has a 6.55 ERA and a 1.65 Whip

Just now, RoadApple said:

So you are saying he's due?

• Haha 1

Yikes. Well I also think Corbin is a different pitcher this year and is coming into his own as a true ace. So you heard it hear first: he'll dominate today. 

14 minutes ago, intothedarkness said:

Not sure if I should start Corbin today but I'm leaning towards yes. He's been lights out and I think he could do decently well even at Coors

2 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

This screams Bench 

Just now, kenag122002 said:

So you are saying he's due?

Sure , you could look at it that way.

I look at like this : There's maybe 5 pitchers in all of baseball I'm willing to start at Coors, and Corbin's not one of them.

• Like 1

Jeff Hoffman was called up and pitching for the Rockies. He's given up 18 ER in 3 GP with an ERA of 13.89.

32 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

sad, ugh. never want to see that.

not only seemed extremely painful, but seems he realized his year was over and maybe his career the way he sat there and sobbed. :(

19 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

sad, ugh. never want to see that.

not only seemed extremely painful, but seems he realized his year was over and maybe his career the way he sat there and sobbed. :(

Yeah given that he was just making his way back from TJ, potential career ending thoughts had to have been going through his head.

• Sad 1

Update:

According to Jeff Passan of ESPN.com, Nick Burdi has been diagnosed with a strained biceps tendon and flexor mass.

In order words, nothing is fully torn or broken. It's great news under the circumstances, especially considering the degree of pain Burdi was in when he crumpled to the ground in Monday's game. Still, he's likely facing an extended absence.

Source: Jeff Passan on Twitter

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Sale pitch count spinning upward like the national debt 

I'll take the 4 ks through 2 but the pitch count might prohibit him from the QS. And we know the Red Sox won't score for him, they never do...

Sales velo down from last outing. He touched 95 once so far but was working largely 91 in the second inning. Really went away from the fastball that inning as well. Results are working vs this trash Tigers lineup, but still worth noting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dzemens said:

Sales velo down from last outing. He touched 95 once so far but was working largely 91 in the second inning. Really went away from the fastball that inning as well. Results are working vs this trash Tigers lineup, but still worth noting.

Could get ugly for him 2nd time through