Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/23 - GAME DAY THREAD

1 minute ago, ComeSaleAway said:

Those 10 pitch at bats are not vintage Sale. 

Hence the word "somewhat" in the text you quoted ...  😂

This day in MLB history: 20 yrs ago Fernando Tatis hits 2 GSHRs in the same inning...off the same pitcher

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ComeSaleAway said:

Greyson "Babe" Greiner... 

is that the dude from Entourage?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He's thrown 4 pitches at 94 something today. 3 in the first, 1 in the second.

Just threw# 5 of the day here in the fifth.

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Just threw# 5 of the day here in the fifth.

Yeah he reached back for 95 after the HR, and gave up a single. Then he worked a bunch of sliders and more low 90s stuff. He seems sloppy from what Im seeing. 

1 minute ago, ComeSaleAway said:

Sale just doesn't have it. This will be his last batter. 

K. Nice way to end his outing! 

Sale is getting a better zone than Boyd. He's been the beneficiary of some generous calls.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Sale is back. 

Yeah, and he's only been gone a week!

8 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This day in MLB history: 20 yrs ago Fernando Tatis hits 2 GSHRs in the same inning...off the same pitcher

amazing!

The 1999 season was barely three weeks old. The visiting St. Louis Cardinals were looking for their 10th victory of the season, while the hometown Los Angeles Dodgers were looking for win number nine.

Before a crowd of 46,687 on a Friday night, the Cardinals' Jose Jimenez squared off against the Dodgers' Chan Ho Park. Jimenez pitched seven innings to earn his second win of the season; Park did not last three innings. However, he did pitch enough of the third inning to make history. Each team mustered 11 hits in the game, but St. Louis put together six of theirs, two walks, a hit batsman, a batter who reached on a fielder’s choice, and another batter who reached on an error — 11 baserunners — in an explosive third inning in which they scored 11 runs.

Powered by third baseman Fernando Tatis, the Cardinals sent up 14 batters in the top of the third. Tatis did something no other major leaguer has accomplished through the 2014 season. He slugged two grand slams in the same inning.

https://www.mlb.com/video/tatis-two-slams-in-one-inning-c3297525

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Sale owners should be happy with the ratio help they got today but this doesn't point to Sale being back, imo.

Edited by AnonymousRob
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Sale got bailed out by the ump. Very lucky 

Looks like it was a strike.

K.JPG

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

Looks like it was a strike.

K.JPG

Really interesting. On the TV feed it did not look over the plate, but I guess that's why robots are better than humans as far as being umpires.

1 minute ago, djmax101 said:

Really interesting. On the TV feed it did not look over the plate, but I guess that's why robots are better than humans as far as being umpires.

We’re also watching and judging pitches on an angle - it can make determining exact location difficult at times.

4 minutes ago, Ham Porter said:

Hold or SALE... TBD 👀

Am I the only one who hits themselves in the nuts everytime you post?

• Haha 2

How was Boyd doing? I can only follow along online...no watching.

Seems below average to me with just 3Ks and some walks, and 3ER. But the Red Sox have a decent lineup. 

12 minutes ago, mtblock said:

Seems below average to me with just 3Ks and some walks, and 3ER. But the Red Sox have a decent lineup. 

7 innings (87 pitches), 3 hits, 2 walks and 3 ERs.  Seems like an efficient performance and about the best you can expect in Fenway.  This dude is legit.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mtblock said:

The teams are playing a double-header today, and I'm getting the sense that the Red Sox players want to get this game over so they can rest before tonight's game. They've come out hacking at marginal pitches rather than working counts, and Boyd seems content to pitch to contact and let the Red Sox hit week bloopers.

Boyd is also getting a pretty tough zone - the edge cases are pretty much all being called balls. Overall, I'd say he looked pretty darn good against one of Baseball's better lineups (notwithstanding their early season struggles).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djmax101 said:

The teams are playing a double-header today, and I'm getting the sense that the Red Sox players want to get this game over so they can rest before tonight's game. They've come out hacking at marginal pitches rather than working counts, and Boyd seems content to pitch to contact and let the Red Sox hit week bloopers.

Boyd is also getting a pretty tough zone - the edge cases are pretty much all being called balls. Overall, I'd say he looked pretty darn good against one of Baseball's better lineups (notwithstanding their early season struggles).

No, Sox hitters are super aggressive and have been since Cora took over last year.  This is just their typical m.o.  Benintendi does takes it too far though and needs more plate discipline.

34 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Am I the only one who hits themselves in the nuts everytime you post?

That's a weird fetish but to each his own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1