Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/24 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, crotchcrickets said:

hows he lookin out there otherwise?

Unfortunately i'm only following on gamecast so I dont really know but the results looks good so far.

12 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

hows he lookin out there otherwise?

Cruising, control looks spot on, curveball has looked good as well... trying not to jinx him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nitto22 said:

Cruising, control looks spot on, curveball has looked good as well... trying not to jinx him 

Mariners appear to be being super aggressive, swinging early. I honestly havent seen enough Mariners games to say thats normal or something they decided to do against Paddack,

It's pretty obvious that Marquez won't pitch like an ace at home, but if he can pitch like one on the road, he should be an overall top 20 SP. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

Mariners appear to be being super aggressive, swinging early. I honestly havent seen enough Mariners games to say thats normal or something they decided to do against Paddack,

I think that is their normal.  They were super aggressive out of the gate versus Boston to start their season in the US.  It worked.

A lot of teams are going to that mode because with pitchers being pulled earlier and earlier working the count strategy just doesn't get you much anymore.  The Red Sox adopted that mode last year and had their very best year in their franchise history which is kind of on the longish side.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

It's pretty obvious that Marquez won't pitch like an ace at home, but if he can pitch like one on the road, he should be an overall top 20 SP. 

A top 20 SP that you can you only reliably start half the time?

6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

A top 20 SP that you can you only reliably start half the time?

Have you looked at the stats? There's no reason to not start him at home anymore. Is he elite at Coors? No, but he doesn't have to be. By the way, Pitcher List has him ranked #17. Fangraphs has him at #22. That's an SP2 in 12-team leagues. 

• Like 2

16 retired in a row for Paddack, 7 via strikeout

Posted (edited)

Wish I had drafted Paddack instead of Luchessi...

And that SEA team has crashed back to earth.

Edited by papasmurf

Franmil with another hard hit that probably should have been a double, but was saved by good defensive play. Guy just can't catch a break this year.

• Like 2

Despite being 2nd to last, I'm quite happy with my $11 Paddack selection.  He'll probably be one of the few guys I actually keep at the end of the year.  Dude is a straight stud.

38 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Have you looked at the stats? There's no reason to not start him at home anymore. Is he elite at Coors? No, but he doesn't have to be. By the way, Pitcher List has him ranked #17. Fangraphs has him at #22. That's an SP2 in 12-team leagues. 

Yeah and honestly I'll take today's line at home (pending he gets the W) every time.

P.S. Arenado adding some insurance :)

Mazara is now woke, went oppo on a pitch off the plate for his 2nd dong today.

NTtm.gif

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Mazara is now woke, went oppo on a pitch off the plate for his 2nd dong today.

NTtm.gif

Bout damn time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Bout damn time.

Yes! I have him in a 3OF league and he's been on my bench, I've been itching to drop and grab someone else but maybe I'm glad I held...csb!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Panther239 said:

Murph will be back on the IL 2-3 weeks

pushed to 3-4 weeks after today's collision with the Tooth guy. j/k ;)

Freese back in the 3 hole against a lefty tonight. 

I honestly cannot figure out what Roberts is trying to accomplish with this. 

Let's take the worst hitter on the roster and stick him in the premier production spot on the card. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Let's take the worst hitter on the roster and stick him in the premier production spot on the card. 

Roberts leaves us all scratching our heads. He messes with the lineup WAY too much imo

3 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Just now, lavaman said:

Roberts leaves us all scratching our heads. He messes with the lineup WAY too much imo

QFT

I stay away from Dodgers for this reason, there's only a couple I'd be interested in (Belly being one of the obvious)...

I cannot stand the new lineup management/construction styles I see in MLB, especially Roberts. The constant tinkering, ugh. He's worse than fantasy baseball owners ;)

On another note, I hate Acuña batting 4 for example. He needs to be 2 or 3 IMO.

• Like 1

@BMcP Smoak still 0-fer.....how do these guys know to stop hitting immediately when inserted into our lineups?!