Cesare13

Bradley Zimmer 2019 Outlook

Former first rounder,  power/speed, byron buxtonish type of guy that used to have a lot of buzz.  Put up very encouraging numbers 2 years ago including a 95% success rate on 19 sb. He dropped off the face of the earth after an injury plagued and shortened season that year that was a complete loss. This guy is a physical specimen, 6’5,220 with blazing speed.  Not much standing in his way, and he’s only 26.  He’s still recovering,but the Indians expect him to start batting practice this week.  Tough to roster now in most leagues, Andy certainly tons of risk involved here, but any thoughts about him as a “thinking 5 moves ahead” type.

6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Former first rounder,  power/speed, byron buxtonish type of guy that used to have a lot of buzz.  Put up very encouraging numbers 2 years ago including a 95% success rate on 19 sb. He dropped off the face of the earth after an injury plagued and shortened season that year that was a complete loss. This guy is a physical specimen, 6’5,220 with blazing speed.  Not much standing in his way, and he’s only 26.  He’s still recovering,but the Indians expect him to start batting practice this week.  Tough to roster now in most leagues, Andy certainly tons of risk involved here, but any thoughts about him as a “thinking 5 moves ahead” type.

I've watch him play for a long time, I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

Is he playing yet?  I can't find much on him or his status.  He's someone to monitor in deeper leagues due to his speed and the crappiness of the Indians OF.  Don't expect anything, but with SB's hard to find someone like him with 30+ SB upside shouldn't be completely ignored in deeper leagues.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:34 AM, dicka24 said:

Is he playing yet?  I can't find much on him or his status.  He's someone to monitor in deeper leagues due to his speed and the crappiness of the Indians OF.  Don't expect anything, but with SB's hard to find someone like him with 30+ SB upside shouldn't be completely ignored in deeper leagues.

Never hear any updates on him.

It's as if he got abducted by aliens and all records of him got erased, aside from a few fantasy baseball owners that still remember him.  Actually, maybe in another couple of weeks even we won't remember him anymore.

• Haha 1

Last I heard, he was rehabbing at the Indians spring training facility in Goodyear Arizona.

I don't see a future for Zimmer with the Indians, to be honest, and this is just my opinion,

based on being a Indians fan for 20 + years, and watching all of his 135 games, he just isn't very

good. He's 26 years old now, and has a injury history. The Indians might keep him in AAA the rest

of the season, if he has options, there's really isn't any room for him, with Bauers, in LF, Mercado in CF,

and Naquin in RF, he's a left handed bat, not something the team needs right now, and I think Luplow,

and Greg Allen has more value. I'm not saying that the Indians are set in there outfield, not by a long shot,

there biggest need is still a right handed power hitter, preferably a OF.

• Like 1