Backdoor Slider

Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. 2019 Outlook

Just now, jb_power said:

any of you Vlad Jr owners recall Alex Bregman's first 2 weeks in the majors?

Wasn't it closer to a month? Seemed like he went 0 for the summer. The manager had faith in him and I started adding to every keeper/dynasty I was in just because of that. Never been sorry

1 hour ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

From getting Arenado straight up and still rejecting the offer to getting Brandon Nimmo a 1st and J.D Davis.

I really hope this was a dynasty league.

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

lowkey wish he would get sent back down to work on his approach (i see you tony)

Too much hype. He will be good but he’s still only human. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, motown magic said:

So your league allows him to be owned by more than one team ? 

Hmm . That’s different 

I are working on myselfs grammar

2 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

I wish he could be a polar bear like Pete Alonso

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Kid has an immense amount of pressure on him and pitchers have no reason to give him anything to hit batting 5th in that lineup. Maybe Montoya can at least try to jump start him by putting him in the two spot. The kid keeps hitting what the pitchers want him to hit. 

6 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Kid has an immense amount of pressure on him and pitchers have no reason to give him anything to hit batting 5th in that lineup. Maybe Montoya can at least try to jump start him by putting him in the two spot. The kid keeps hitting what the pitchers want him to hit. 

Montoya is a nightmare!  2nd time in this series Tellez protects him with a LEFTY on the mound.  Try anything.... I’d rather he bat 9th than have Tellez hit behind him with a lefty on the mound.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

I wish he could be a polar bear like Pete Alonso

Pete Alonso came in like a seasoned vet with his college back ground and minor league run. Vlad Jr will figure it out but needs time. He also had spring training taken away from him with that oblique injury. He just needs the hype to blow over. Pitchers right now dont want to be made famous by him. 

This is simply not acceptable, even in a small sample size. I don’t care what excuse people want to make. This should not be happening to player that was supposed to possess all the qualities (elite batting eye, swing, contact and barrel ability) that should lead to immediate success, as projected by nearly everyone. Just 2 weeks ago the genius on the RW podcast predicted 40 HRs THIS SEASON. Yeah, that’s definitely not happening.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, exaulz said:

This is simply not acceptable, even in a small sample size. I don’t care what excuse people want to make. This should not be happening to player that was supposed to possess all the qualities (elite batting eye, swing, contact and barrel ability) that should lead to immediate success, as projected by nearly everyone. Just 2 weeks ago the genius on the RW podcast predicted 40 HRs THIS SEASON. Yeah, that’s definitely not happening.

This...especially with Nick Senzel coming up and tearing the cover off the ball. Are we to believe that all MLB scouts and all experts know nothing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This...especially with Nick Senzel coming up and tearing the cover off the ball. Are we to believe that all MLB scouts and all experts know nothing?

Give me a break people... I have Senzel in my dynasty. I will gladly trade him for Vlad all day!

Edited by Fielder1831
  • Like 2

If you own this guy, you went out of your way to draft a rookie with zero big league experience who you also knew would likely miss the entire first month of the season. Now because he hasn't instantly become Willie Mays 2.0 after two weeks you're panicking?

I don't get it but hey, if his performance is really so 'unacceptable' go ahead and drop him.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cpdaly said:

This guy blows

This...he is the next Billy Butler 

Nick Sez is doing better....Come on Vlad

Hoping he slumps for another week or so and i'll scoop him back up. I know one guy I traded him to is extremely impatient.

3 minutes ago, DMurphy77 said:

Hoping he slumps for another week or so and i'll scoop him back up. I know one guy I traded him to is extremely impatient.

Scoop him back up? Are you saying that he's sitting on a waiver wire?

32 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This...he is the next Billy Butler 

A bigger Dmitri Young 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

this is why you dont take these guys in the 4th round when guys like rhy hoskins, george springer and  anthony rendon are available...

learn from your mistakes

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 5

Just now, jfazz23 said:

this is why you dont take these guys in the 4th round when guys like rhy hoskins, george springer and  anthony rendon are available...

learn from your mistakes

Tell that to the industry experts.

5 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

A bigger Dmitri Young 

Yes...forgot about that can’t miss bust

• Like 1