Backdoor Slider

Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. 2019 Outlook

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. His ADP would have been much higher in redraft if he was supposed to do that. That was basically the optimistic upside projection, one which many people were smart enough to not go near the cost in redraft. 

Ok so compare his redraft ADP with current performance. Tell me you’d want a guy with below average power and counting stats as a fourth or fifth rounder. 

I did 47 dynasties this year and his ADP was 10.7 in them.  He went as high as 4 in a few, as low as 15 in some others.  Pretty even mix all around.  

Also, very excited for this weekend slate against the neutered Mariners pitching staff.  With some nice vitamin D infused upper 70’s weather on tap in Toronto, im expecting a feasting for the Implarer this weekend. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I did 47 dynasties this year and his ADP was 10.7 in them.  He went as high as 4 in a few, as low as 15 in some others.  Pretty even mix all around.  

Also, very excited for this weekend slate against the neutered Mariners pitching staff.  With some nice vitamin D infused upper 70’s weather on tap in Toronto, im expecting a feasting for the Implarer this weekend. 

You joined 47 startup dynasty leagues this year? Just wow

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Hope he does better than he currently has at home. Also doing bad vs lefties of which the Ms have more than their fair share. 

Over the last 30 days, by the way, he has an 8.7% SwStr% (MLB season average is 11.1%) and a 37.7% Zone% (average is 42%); in that time, he's put up a 157 wRC+. Pitchers are treating him as one of the league's better hitters, he's 20, and he's backing it up. There are less than 10 players in baseball I'd trade him for straight-up in a dynasty league; maybe as few as four or five..

1 minute ago, daynlokki said:

Hope he does better than he currently has at home. Also doing bad vs lefties of which the Ms have more than their fair share. 

I’m not Steve Poole, but I believe the Toronto roof has been opened more lately and due to be open this weekend.  Vlad has had his best games thus far at 77-82 degree games.  Looks like this weekend in Toronto shaping up around 79.  I haven’t ran the numbers on Mariners pitching, but I’m guessing their team ERA in vitamin D infused games is probably a tick over 12.00.  If I have time I’ll calculate later.

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

I’m not Steve Poole, but I believe the Toronto roof has been opened more lately and due to be open this weekend.  Vlad has had his best games thus far at 77-82 degree games.  Looks like this weekend in Toronto shaping up around 79.  I haven’t ran the numbers on Mariners pitching, but I’m guessing their team ERA in vitamin D infused games is probably a tick over 12.00.  If I have time I’ll calculate later.

Ya it is honestly pretty bad. Vlad though is only hitting .251 with 4 hrs in 167 abs so far and vs lefties he’s at .206 with 3 hrs in 102 abs. Think he even only hits like .250 with a roof retracted this year too in around 200 abs. 

32 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I did 47 dynasties this year 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

I did 47 dynasties this year

No you didn't

This thread is going to take a little break for awhile.  Attempt to get some cooler heads in here to prevail.  When it opens back up, let's hope folks can have a substantive conversation of the player instead of bickering personally like kids.  It's okay to agree to disagree.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

wow. did he really say that?

I mean it's an obviously lawyerly way of calling a guy a bad defender who is out of shape. Or maybe it's just me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Vlady has already shed a ton of weight since spring training when he looked twice as big as he is now, so it’s possible... Devers also went through this last off-season with excess weight, so he hired a nutritionist and cut out Chipotle.

1 hour ago, 20Duval904 said:

Vlady has already shed a ton of weight since spring training when he looked twice as big as he is now, so it’s possible... Devers also went through this last off-season with excess weight, so he hired a nutritionist and cut out Chipotle.

I would starve to death.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:55 AM, Cmilne23 said:

Looks like a little LeBlanc + a lot of vitamin D is what it takes to get this young man rolling at home.  Vlad took his 9 iron to that bum losers hanger and shot it out today.  On radio earlier today they said the Mariners are throwing a full bullpen game tomorrow.  That bullpen is completely neutered of talent.  I’m looking for another big game tomorrow.

• Like 1

Non-contact knee injuries usually are the worst ones.

Already had a knee problems in the past.