RMJ_12

NFL Draft Discussion 2019

So after the 1st 4 picks...

1) If Murray is gonna be successful, it’s in a spread offense. ARI is a perfect fit for him

2) Bosa should be OK in SF, though he might take not dominate until year 2 or 3

3) Williams is a solid if unspectacular DT. Should open things up for other defenders in NY

4) Ferrell is a great pick for OAK. Strong all-around DE. Forgotten about since the combine. Dominated against top college competition 

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

So after the 1st 4 picks...

1) If Murray is gonna be successful, it’s in a spread offense. ARI is a perfect fit for him

2) Bosa should be OK in SF, though he might take not dominate until year 2 or 3

3) Williams is a solid if unspectacular DT. Should open things up for other defenders in NY

4) Ferrell is a great pick for OAK. Strong all-around DE. Forgotten about since the combine. Dominated against top college competition 

Ferrell is gonna be great. 

He literally looks like a young Eli.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

He literally looks like a young Eli.

Looks like a young Dave Brown. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, devaster said:

He was an expected mid-late 1st rounder, so people knew who he was. No one was expecting him in the top-10 though. But then again every year we see guys go in the 10-30 range that easily have better careers than those guys in the top-10.

Clemson has been churning out successful players lately. A lot of Alabama's defensive linemen have failed to live up to the hype. I think this is a solid pick. Not a sexy one, but could end up being very good.

With the extra picks they had, it made no sense- just trade up from one of those later firsts, get another stud too.  

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

With the extra picks they had, it made no sense- just trade up from one of those later firsts, get another stud too.  

Maybe they didn't like anyone else in that range and didn't want to spend all of that extra ammo to move up from their 2nd 1st round pick. Maybe they couldn't find a trade partner to move down. Tough to fault a team for picking the player they want. That wasn't a reach to me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Ferrell is gonna be great. 

I love that pick for OAK. Stud DE with major college experience can be plugged in on Day 1. Gimme a guy with great game tape over a combine prepper every time

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I love that pick for OAK. Stud DE with major college experience can be plugged in on Day 1. Gimme a guy with great game tape over a combine prepper every time

Wilkins is gonna be great too IMO. Saw some mocks with Lawrence to Pats. 

In terms of need, not much better fit than DET/Hockenson.  Could see a ton of targets, quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, BrianM said:

In terms of need, not much better fit than DET/Hockenson.  Could see a ton of targets, quickly.

Unless they Ebron him.

Oliver another big need- replaces Kyle Williams.    Great add for a young, strong D.   

• Like 1

Nice pick for the Bills. 

Also I get to watch Oliver twice a year now, pumped.

1 minute ago, jumper said:

Unless they Ebron him.

hockenson is a monster talent. stafford just has to throw it near him.

DishonestFairArchaeopteryx-size_restrict

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Nice pick for the Bills. 

Also I get to watch Oliver twice a year now, pumped.

There was a ton of local beat writer smoke about them trading up to 3 for Quinnen.  Its probably a much better move to have just gotten Oliver without giving up more picks.  

I'm not sure I'll ever be a fan of picking a TE in the top-10. Have any recent ones worked out? If he becomes Gronk, awesome, but there has only been one Gronk.

• Like 1

Alright cover band........playing Go Your Own Way when the Steelers are on the clock, you've won me over

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm not sure I'll ever be a fan of picking a TE in the top-10. Have any recent ones worked out? If he becomes Gronk, awesome, but there has only been one Gronk.

And he wasn't picked in the top 10. I'm struggling to think of a recent one. You're right, it does seem high for a TE.

Ebron's the only one I can think of.   Going back like 20 years......Kyle Brady was one, and he was just meh.  

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

he's a beast of a blocker, has an iron grip, likes to jump -- he really is a well-round TE who will absolutely relegate jesse james to bench warmer.

if hockenson becomes a kelce, that would be fine.

but i agree with you in that ed oliver would've been a better fit for what the lions call a "defense"

Devin Bush dressing to impress. At first I thought he had surgery on most of his upper body but apparently that is the newest fashion.

Not a good omen...

scared dog GIF

• Haha 1