Fuzzy_Slippers

4/25 - GAME DAY THREAD

Posted (edited)

Weather Update:

Weatherproof games: Cle/ Hou, Tex/Sea

Ari/Pit: Its going to rain most of, if not all day but the rain should be light. My hunch is they at least attempt to get this one in

LAD/CHC: Chilly with a slight chance of showers but they should be fine here.

Atl/Cin: I doubt they get this one in. Satellite looks like there will be thunderstorms and rain all day into the overnight hours.

Mia/Phi: Chance of showers earlier in the day but nothing too serious, should clear up nicely by game time.

Det/Bos: Going to be cold but very little chance of rain.

NYY/LAA: It never rains in Southern California

Edited by RoadApple
  • Like 2

Go Cole.  Really need a bounce back from you.  On an unrelated note, Happy NFL Draft Day!

It will be interesting to see who the Yankees have in the outfield.  Gardner, Tauchman (now the second oldest member of the Yankee outfield still active) and who?  Their brand new outfielder, Cameron Maybin?

In other news Max Muncy sits for the third straight day.  Missed 4 out of the 5 last games.  Dave Roberts, your good will you earned for that steal in 2004 for my Sox is now officially used up.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It will be interesting to see who the Yankees have in the outfield.  Gardner, Tauchman (now the second oldest member of the Yankee outfield still active) and who?  Their brand new outfielder, Cameron Maybin?

In other news Max Muncy sits for the third straight day.  Missed 4 out of the 5 last games.  Dave Roberts, your good will you earned for that steal in 2004 for my Sox is now officially used up.

Man, I thought I was fed up with Roberts last year...he's really extra irritating now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

weather delay in the opening game?

See my weather post earlier. It doesnt look good in Pittsburgh, its worse in Cincinnati.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I truly believe the only reason Bellinger has been in the line-up every day is because hes hitting like Babe Ruth and Roberts knows he cant sit him. As soon as Cody falters a little, youll see him sit.

Edited by RoadApple
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hatfieldodger said:

radar looking like the ran is starting to pass in Pittsburgh?

Yea, I still think they try to get the game in. The rain looks light , albeit for most of the afternoon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

radar looking like the ran is starting to pass in Pittsburgh?

Starting any minute. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

weather delay in the opening game?

The pitch. 

2 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

The Pirates two tv announcers are among two of the worst. 

They are indeed. This is Steve Blass's last season thankfully but Bob Walk isnt much better.

Taillon is so overrated. When the hell is the breakout coming? I was convinced it was here after last years second half but he doesn't strike out anyone. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WaKe21334 said:

Taillon is so overrated. When the hell is the breakout coming? I was convinced it was here after last years second half but he doesn't strike out anyone. 

I have never agreed with anyone more than now.  This guy is average at best. He's the SP on the all hype team. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

I have never agreed with anyone more than now.  This guy is average at best. He's the SP on the all hype team. 

It's so damn frustrating. He literally misses no freaking bats. He was ahead in the count against 2 of 6 hitters last inning and could not locate a pitch to get anyone to chase. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

It's so damn frustrating. He literally misses no freaking bats. He was ahead in the count against 2 of 6 hitters last inning and could not locate a pitch to get anyone to chase. 

That could be Ray Searage & Co. and their philosophy to pitch-to-contact. 

• Thanks 1

Two runs for the Dbacks in the first inning I think this game is over. The Pirates are a huge bore. I got my dislike up already. 

• Haha 1