machine3

Carter Kieboom 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Per Mark Zuckerman, he just got promoted from AAA.  Is he an immediate grab in most leagues? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, especially since he's a SS.

Somewhat surprising that he's being called up when Trea Turner might be back in a few weeks or so.  I have a hard time believing they are ready to consider giving up on Dozier when Turner comes back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yes, especially since he's a SS.

Somewhat surprising that he's being called up when Trea Turner might be back in a few weeks or so.  I have a hard time believing they are ready to consider giving up on Dozier when Turner comes back.

 

Pretty sure it confirms Turner isn’t coming back as soon as anyone would expect.  He’s two weeks into a 4-6 week return and hasn’t started throwing yet.  Kieboom is here to have a chance at staying for the season.  He’s red hot and has been for a while.  Killed it in fall ball, killed it in spring training and killed it so far in the minors this year.  All this after an extremely solid 2018.  If he comes in hot and stays hot Dozier will find himself on the bench.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that they are particularly similar players, but I am thinking this may be a similar situation to Soto last year. Yeah, the Nats' middle infield is pretty much already set, but they are looking to compete and they have a vacancy right now due to Trea's injury and Dozier's performance. They wouldn't have called up such a young, important prospect in their system if it was by design going to be without proper playing time or just a super temporary stint in the majors. He forced their hand a bit, and if he hits they will find the playing time for him when Trea returns. If he doesn't hit, he will be sent back down to develop further. Otherwise, if you are delving a bit deeper, this could either be interpreted as a showing of their uncertainty in Trea's timeline or a lack of faith in Dozier to put it together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, metropolitans said:

An obvious add in keepers but how about 10tm redrafts?

Unless you are stacked at SS, yes.  I'm sure everybody can use another potential boost, regardless if it's for a month or the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to jump on all the rookie bandwagons but... I myself might be leaning Tucker. Just can't roster both, too many middle infielders.

Kieboom's BABIP in AAA is .512

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's good discussion of his pros/cons in his MiLB thread FWIW if you're looking for more info.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BackyardBaseball said:

 

Pretty sure it confirms Turner isn’t coming back as soon as anyone would expect.  He’s two weeks into a 4-6 week return and hasn’t started throwing yet.  Kieboom is here to have a chance at staying for the season.  He’s red hot and has been for a while.  Killed it in fall ball, killed it in spring training and killed it so far in the minors this year.  All this after an extremely solid 2018.  If he comes in hot and stays hot Dozier will find himself on the bench.

Dozier has been dog s--- for a while now. He doesn't deserve to play at this point. It would be pretty maddening if Kieboom played well until Turner came back and then still loses playing time to Dozier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High strikeout rate has me scared in points league.... anyone with some good insight? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

I hope this isn’t a short stay but I have a feeling Rendon is going on the IL

I think this is more about Difo than Rendon.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooooo not a speed guy. Not really a lot of pop. Seems like a better real life baseball player than fantasy player.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love his average of .379, but boy, that BABIP is over .500 and the season is still way young.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looking at his minor league stat - looks like a potential .290-.300, 12-18 Hrs, 8 steals, 2:1 K:BB, and a 20-25% K rate

 

***actually his BB rate and K rate are probably a bit better than that

Edited by jahweedum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Love his average of .379, but boy, that BABIP is over .500 and the season is still way young.....

PCL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

I hope this isn’t a short stay but I have a feeling Rendon is going on the IL

 It definitely sounds more about Difo than Rendon or Dozier. Martinez does not seem too happy w Difo's playing at this time, specially in the field.

Edited by MolinasLoveHandles
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.