Sign in to follow this  
machine3

Carter Kieboom 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

The level of impatience people show is crazy. It's been what? 5 or 6 games? Should he be the best player in the league?

He's hit two home runs so far. 

His average is below the Mendoza line...

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

He has 22 ABs. He could string together two, two hit games in a row and be at .250 lol. He's sitting on a .090babip right now, if you roster him with another SS just bench him until he shows signs of life. Not all guys come up and hit right away - Trout hit .220 in his first 40 games. Not saying he is anything like Trout, but if you aren't patient with rookie hitters you may end up regretting it. If you can afford to bench him I would do just that until he wakes up.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Oh come on dude hahaha

You really have to be better than this. It's such a minuscule sample size.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

He's an obvious hold depending on league context. If you have the space you wait it out. 

That said, he's clearly a little over matched right now. 

Ok...How much time does he have till Turner gets back...That’s my point 

• Like 1

I dunno.   It seems the only rookies he excel their first year are the true blue chip ones.  Dunno if Kieboom is quite at that level.

Jesus Christ he's been up a week and has 2 homers and you guys are acting like he's a bust. Log off. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, FoulPole said:

Jesus Christ he's been up a week and has 2 homers and you guys are acting like he's a bust. Log off. 

I enjoy some Kieboom and love the Gifs but he did start off horrible in the minors before going on to rake and then get called up. Lets wait n see and not jump ship. Hes a really good prospect.

3 minutes ago, Diezl528 said:

I enjoy some Kieboom and love the Gifs but he did start off horrible in the minors before going on to rake and then get called up. Lets wait n see and not jump ship. Hes a really good prospect.

Right. And if he sucks or gets sent down, BFD. He was free.

• Like 5

KieBUST

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He's striking out a lot, but it's impossible to know if this him being over matched or just aggressive or some combination of both. We'll see if he settles in or is given the chance to do so (I suspect he'll get a few weeks)

His swinging strike % is 9.7 which isn’t bad so his k-rate is definitely exaggerated heavily right now. He’s swinging at 50% of pitches in the zone which is pretty low and 24% on pitches out of the zone, so he’s being very selective. His zone contract is 87% (very good) but his outside contact is only 50% which is pretty bad. I’d guess he’s swinging at some bad pitches out of the zone in two strike counts. We will see if he starts to adjust to how pitchers are attacking him. Hoping for some signs of life. 

12 hours ago, KrunK said:

His swinging strike % is 9.7 which isn’t bad so his k-rate is definitely exaggerated heavily right now. He’s swinging at 50% of pitches in the zone which is pretty low and 24% on pitches out of the zone, so he’s being very selective. His zone contract is 87% (very good) but his outside contact is only 50% which is pretty bad. I’d guess he’s swinging at some bad pitches out of the zone in two strike counts. We will see if he starts to adjust to how pitchers are attacking him. Hoping for some signs of life. 

I’ve noticed he takes too much early in counts. He lets pitchers get ahead and then they get to dictate what they want to throw.

I remember Mookie Betts talking about this in an article - he had a very patient approach in the minors, but got to MLB and he had to change it up and be more aggressive because he kept falling behind. Kieboom will probably have to make a similar adjustment.

• Like 2

How much longer are people holding? Need to make drops for DL returns soon.

5 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

How much longer are people holding? Need to make drops for DL returns soon.

Holding as a bench bat for now and giving him until Turner comes off the DL, at which point WAS will provide indication of what his PT will be going forward.  I do not think he is usurping Dozier at the keystone if he doesn't give them some solid signs of life/adjustment. 

• Like 1

This is ridiculous....

It's a good reminder of how elite MLB actually is. Now he has tape - move him down to 3A to shore up deficits, see him again in late July.

He is not a viable option in redrafts imo.

Rendon coming off the DL today most likely. Curious to see if Kieboom gets sent down or if they wait until Turner is back.

4 hours ago, RoadApple said:

Rendon coming off the DL today most likely. Curious to see if Kieboom gets sent down or if they wait until Turner is back.

Back to AAA.

Goodbye, sweet prince.  Get some confidence and be back soon, please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadApple said:

Back to AAA.

Here's the footage from his return trip

dumpster fire this is fine GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2-4 2B and HR.  Needs a bit of seasoning but his future is bright.

• Like 1