TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

Anyone benching him because of rain is making a big mistake, everyone talking about Tom Brady but people forget Tom Brady can’t run for his life and Kyler is prolly the fastest qb aside from Lamar jackson, also just so happens a guy by the name of David Johnson is on this team and in the rain I can see a lot of short passes and screen plays that he will most definitely break big and take one to the house ...... starting dak over him is a mistake but hey you’ll find out the hard way

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Brye said:

Anyone benching him because of rain is making a big mistake, everyone talking about Tom Brady but people forget Tom Brady can’t run for his life and Kyler is prolly the fastest qb aside from Lamar jackson, also just so happens a guy by the name of David Johnson is on this team and in the rain I can see a lot of short passes and screen plays that he will most definitely break big and take one to the house ...... starting dak over him is a mistake but hey you’ll find out the hard way

spacer.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brye said:

🤡 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brye said:

People are laughing at you as if it was the rain that slowed down Murray. It was Edmonds. 3 TD's from 20 yards out is extremely rare, and possibly the first time that's every happened in the history of the NFL. Any of those could've been Murray TD's.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, mjb said:

🤡

Victory laps for the wrong reasons. You hate to see it. 

Running game was dominating. This had little to do with the rain once you see what Edmonds was able to do on the ground. 

5 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Victory laps for the wrong reasons. You hate to see it. 

Running game was dominating. This had little to do with the rain once you see what Edmonds was able to do on the ground. 

That could be true if Murray didn’t run himself 10 times for 28 yards. 

18 hours ago, Brye said:

in large part because of the weather, never was going to be able to count on Kliff Kingsbury’s “precision passing.”

“That went out the window,” Kingsbury said.

“It was ugly football at times,” he added. “That rain never stopped. I don’t know if I’ve ever been in one where it constantly poured.”

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Right, I guess Edmonds going for 136 yards and 3 TDs on the ground just didn’t happen then on account of Murray not doing much with his legs. What kind of logic is this???

• Thanks 1

looks like Giants were not going to let Murray beat them, leaving the door wide open for Chase

8 minutes ago, chouffe said:

looks like Giants were not going to let Murray beat them, leaving the door wide open for Chase

yeah, Kliff dialed back the passing game a ton due to the rain (look a couple posts up) ... this was no genius "Hoodie" type effort by the Jints. 

Weird game. The play calling in the second half was embarrassing. After the third Edmunds td, it seemed Kingsbury was content to do nothing and assume Daniel Jones wasn’t going to come back and beat them. It worked, but still embarrassing. I don’t really have many takeaways for Murray on this game since he was asked to do nothing. No throws down the field.

BTW, Daniel Jones was AWFUL. Went full Bortles.

4 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Weird game. The play calling in the second half was embarrassing. After the third Edmunds td, it seemed Kingsbury was content to do nothing and assume Daniel Jones wasn’t going to come back and beat them. It worked, but still embarrassing. I don’t really have many takeaways for Murray on this game since he was asked to do nothing. No throws down the field.

BTW, Daniel Jones was AWFUL. Went full Bortles.

too much money on the over in vegas perhaps led coaches to change thier game script.

dan jones prob hit the rookie wall already though. or too much pressure to go up against star studded heisman winner murray.

15 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Pretty sure like 3 of those were kneel downs...

• Like 1

Monsoon, terrible and extremely flukey gamescript, he didn't have a disastrous RL game by any means, willing to chalk it up as an exception to what he has proven to be a high floor and good ceiling. 

Just now, dakimbell said:

Monsoon, terrible and extremely flukey gamescript, he didn't have a disastrous RL game by any means, willing to chalk it up as an exception to what he has proven to be a high floor and good ceiling. 

Games like this are a good demonstration of why terms like "floor" and "ceiling" are more theoretical than anything to actually bank on.

If, for instance, you had said to someone last Thursday that Kyler Murray's "floor" against the Giants was 104 yards passing and 28 yards rushing with no TDs, they would have booed you out of the thread.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Games like this are a good demonstration of why terms like "floor" and "ceiling" are more theoretical than anything to actually bank on.

If, for instance, you had said to someone last Thursday that Kyler Murray's "floor" against the Giants was 104 yards passing and 28 yards rushing with no TDs, they would have booed you out of the thread.

semantics I suppose, but I still feel like given the conditions he didn't play poorly and 3 fairly long TD runs by Edmonds prevented him from having at least a serviceable game. Other than this game, which took some pretty strong outliers, he has shown to be a safe start with good upside. 

Just now, dakimbell said:

semantics I suppose, but I still feel like given the conditions he didn't play poorly and 3 fairly long TD runs by Edmonds prevented him from having at least a serviceable game. Other than this game, which took some pretty strong outliers, he has shown to be a safe start with good upside. 

IMO, he's antithetical to "safe."

If you wanted safe you take someone like Watson or Wilson rather than an RB2/WR2 in the fourth/fifth and call it a day for QB.

Over the next month, it looks to me like patience will be tested for those of us bold Murray owners.  I suspect at least one of the SF games will be as bad as this, maybe both.  NO could get bumpy too, they've been playing well. 

I'm buying insurance, and might wait to weeks 10,13 and 15 to poke my head up.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

IMO, he's antithetical to "safe."

If you wanted safe you take someone like Watson or Wilson rather than an RB2/WR2 in the fourth/fifth and call it a day for QB.

Over the next month, it looks to me like patience will be tested for those of us bold Murray owners.  I suspect at least one of the SF games will be as bad as this, maybe both.  NO could get bumpy too, they've been playing well. 

I'm buying insurance, and might wait to weeks 10,13 and 15 to poke my head up.

Well until this week he had put up at least 16.3 points every week in my league that penalizes -2 per INT, would call that pretty safe. SF games are scary, but the rushing helps. Even Watson has put up a few dud games this year, so happy to have Kyler. 

While I’m not stoked about it I’m also not that bummed. QB isn’t a big deal in a 12 team, 1 QB league. I’m a lot more bummed about having people like Montgomery, Juju, Fitz, and Jamaal Williams who aren’t great but also have enough potential to not want to drop. 

I still think Kyler is better RoS, he has a rushing floor and worse defense and more volume than Rodgers. A lot cloudier then before Sunday though! Lol

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, Kliff dialed back the passing game a ton due to the rain (look a couple posts up) ... this was no genius "Hoodie" type effort by the Jints. 

then how do you explain edmonds success vs kyler lack of success when he ran the ball?

1 minute ago, chouffe said:

then how do you explain edmonds success vs kyler lack of success when he ran the ball?

1) Kyler looks bigger in the rain, easier to spot/tackle.

2) conversely, Edmonds wore a Colgate Invisible Shield for certain plays  (i got this inside info about Chase from a bloke at Manny's in Moonachie ... dude is also a Chemtrail pilot, so, yeah - it's Midnight in the Dessert).

some real deep state chit, mah man ... just let it go.