TTo34

Kyler Murray 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

You don't have to listen to me. Watch his 1st game this year.

This isn't college, he's going to have to throw the ball under pressure in the pocket which he can't do. 

At 5 10" he's going to have a very difficult time seeing down the field.

Can Murray even take a snap under center? 

Only one of the best athletes every time he steps on the field but I'm sure he cant grasp the complexities of the under center snap.

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Right, but the concern is there have been other young QBs that have shown flashes thus far. Even with the most basic playbook, if he can't produce ONE highlight in three weeks I think it's fair to say that's cause for at least some mild concern. 

The preseason isn’t an indication on what is coming, especially if it is a new offense.  Cam was awful during the preseason of his rookie year, then came out and lit up the NFL for the first 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Only one of the best athletes every time he steps on the field but I'm sure he cant grasp the complexities of the under center snap.

No he's not. There's D ends that will chase him down and he'll find out pretty quick that all that running around doesn't work in the  NFL.

Apparently he has issues with the complexities of NFL plays and that big clock that ticks down.

I'm sure the coaching staff will hold billboards with pictures to help him learn the playbook.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Loadedbrewer said:

The preseason isn’t an indication on what is coming, especially if it is a new offense.  Cam was awful during the preseason of his rookie year, then came out and lit up the NFL for the first 3-4 weeks.

I'm not saying it's the end all be all, but if we don't get ONE pass we could put on video as a quality throw the entire preseason it'd be tough to argue that would be worrisome. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

18 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

No he's not. There's D ends that will chase him down and he'll find out pretty quick that all that running around doesn't work in the  NFL.

Apparently he has issues with the complexities of NFL plays and that big clock that ticks down.

I'm sure the coaching staff will hold billboards with pictures to help him learn the playbook.

He went stride for stride with andy Isabella in a 40 yard dash at camp. Andy Isabella runs 4.31. Can some defensive ends take a good angle and get him? Sure. Are those ends usually some of the freakiest athletes on earth? Yes.

It's exactly the offense he ran in college so I doubt it's much more complex and that will hurt him more than help him in the long run. Becuase defenses will catch up and it wont be his fault but his poor college coaching staffs. 

He had one delay of game penalty. This kid s 22 years old and has the weight of an entire franchise on his shoulders with a coach and gm who have clearly put their jobs and lively hood in his hands and he has to go to work every day with 50 other grown a** men who depend on him to help win games and keep them in a job as well. I think he should be allowed have a couple of hiccups in preseason games before we write him off. 

All that being said at Oklahoma he put up nearly identical stats as baker Mayfield's senior year. 40 plus tds. 7 ints 4300 yards and a completion percentage of 69. Baker had a 70% completion percentage. But murray is 2 inches shorter so hes a bum? I dont buy it. 

• Like 2

Not saying Murray will be great but I thought a guy like Russell Wilson already destroyed most of these lame and weak arguments being used against Murray. If he flops it won’t be because of his height or running too much. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Not saying Murray will be great but I thought a guy like Russell Wilson already destroyed most of these lame and weak arguments being used against Murray. If he flops it won’t be because of his height or running too much. 

Russell Wilson is 5'11 ... Kyler Murray is officialy 5'8 

1 hour ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Russell Wilson was also light years ahead of where Murray is as a true QB.  He came into the league ready and able to understand an NFL playbook and NFL defensive concepts.  He also had the tutelage of a really good NFL coaching staff.

Murray currently doesn’t have any of that.

1 hour ago, Jvanspro said:

Russell Wilson was also light years ahead of where Murray is as a true QB.  He came into the league ready and able to understand an NFL playbook and NFL defensive concepts.  He also had the tutelage of a really good NFL coaching staff.

Murray currently doesn’t have any of that.

This is a reach.  Murray is unable to understand an NFL playbook but Wilson could?  Murray knows the playbook better than the vets and he's one of the few on the team that actually ran the air raid offense.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/07/kyler-murrays-knowledge-offense-gives-cardinals-a-chance-to-compete-early/

3 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Nope.  His combine height was "officially" 5'-10 1/8".  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Murray will not even have a breakout like Tim Tebow, he will be a complete bust

I tend to agree he will not be a successful QB in this league.  He’s Micheal Vick with a worse arm/accuracy and an inability to read defenses.  He’s going to have to roll every play to see the field.  NFL defenses will exploit this.

7 minutes ago, bob123dude said:

Nope.  His combine height was "officially" 5'-10 1/8".  

Zero chance he’s 5’10.

3 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Fail

Image result for price is right fail gif

3 minutes ago, Jvanspro said:

I tend to agree he will not be a successful QB in this league.  He’s Micheal Vick with a worse arm/accuracy and an inability to read defenses.  He’s going to have to roll every play to see the field.  NFL defenses will exploit this.

Zero chance he’s 5’10.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kyler-murray?id=32194d55-5267-0413-8d36-a5c3fd781aa0

Facts are facts.  His OFFICIAL height from the combine was 5'-10 1/8".  If you want to pretend like there's some conspiracy to add a couple inches to his height then have fun with your tinfoil hat.  

11 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

He went stride for stride with andy Isabella in a 40 yard dash at camp. Andy Isabella runs 4.31. Can some defensive ends take a good angle and get him? Sure. Are those ends usually some of the freakiest athletes on earth? Yes.

It's exactly the offense he ran in college so I doubt it's much more complex and that will hurt him more than help him in the long run. Becuase defenses will catch up and it wont be his fault but his poor college coaching staffs. 

He had one delay of game penalty. This kid s 22 years old and has the weight of an entire franchise on his shoulders with a coach and gm who have clearly put their jobs and lively hood in his hands and he has to go to work every day with 50 other grown a** men who depend on him to help win games and keep them in a job as well. I think he should be allowed have a couple of hiccups in preseason games before we write him off. 

All that being said at Oklahoma he put up nearly identical stats as baker Mayfield's senior year. 40 plus tds. 7 ints 4300 yards and a completion percentage of 69. Baker had a 70% completion percentage. But murray is 2 inches shorter so hes a bum? I dont buy it. 

And Case Keenum in the same offense broke college records.  College stats don't always equate to professional success.  Yes, he could be good.  We just haven't seen it on the pro field yet and until we do it's hard to get into the hype.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, bob123dude said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kyler-murray?id=32194d55-5267-0413-8d36-a5c3fd781aa0

Facts are facts.  His OFFICIAL height from the combine was 5'-10 1/8".  If you want to pretend like there's some conspiracy to add a couple inches to his height then have fun with your tinfoil hat.  

If you want to believe that it’s your choice.  All I’ll say is he wouldn’t be the first athlete who’s official height was a bit skewed. 

Edited by Jvanspro

12 minutes ago, Jvanspro said:

Yup.  Exactly what Drew Brees does.  Rolls out every play.  This is why the Saints offense is terrible.

2 minutes ago, Jvanspro said:

Mid you want to believe that it’s your choice.  All I’ll say is he wouldn’t be the first athlete who’s official height was a bit skewed. 

Dude.

He didn't list his height.  He was officially measured, by neutral representatives of various NFL teams.  Now, if you want to claim Kyler slipped these cats a few Benjamins to fudge his height, you go right ahead.  But, the combine measurement is legit.  We're not talking about some roster from his jr year in high school, prepared by some Home Ec teacher.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jvanspro said:

If you want to believe that it’s your choice.  All I’ll say is he wouldn’t be the first athlete who’s official height was a bit skewed. 

Come on bruh. I have my doubts on the success of Murray too but please don’t come on here spewing false info. Maybe he isn’t 5’10 but we have to go by the facts. Please let us know if you’ve been with Murray and took out your tape measure. We don’t need false and **** commentary on the board. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jvanspro said:

If you don't believe Murray is 5'10", why would you believe Wilson is 5'11"? Both numbers should be inflated based on your argument. Either way the difference is an inch whether or not they were both inflated.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jvanspro said:

I have no dog in this hunt and am watching with fascination to see if Murray can pull this off or not.  I think if he fails that his O-line and lack of experience beyond Fitz in the WR corp are going to do him in.

That said, I’d like to see you support the bolded in your quote.  By all accounts I’ve seen, Murray is hyper-accurate and understands Ds well.  Where are you getting information to the contrary from?

5 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

I have no dog in this hunt and am watching with fascination to see if Murray can pull this off or not.  I think if he fails that his O-line and lack of experience beyond Fitz in the WR corp are going to do him in.

That said, I’d like to see you support the bolded in your quote.  By all accounts I’ve seen, Murray is hyper-accurate and understands Ds well.  Where are you getting information to the contrary from?

Murray was INSANELY accurate in college and made incredible throws. Dudes pulling information out of his a**. 

What's his ADP these days? QB8-9? That's ~ 20 ppg based on https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/leaders/qb.php

Let's give him 230 passing, 1 td, 55 yards rushing, and a rushing td every 4 games (0.25/g). That's...... 9+4+5.5+1.5 = 20 ppg. 

Rushing QBs are the Konami code. Does that per game projection seem generous or conservative to you? I'd say he's priced about right and has significant upside. Your mileage may vary. 

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Murray was INSANELY accurate in college and made incredible throws. Dudes pulling information out of his a**. 

He was not accurate at all.  His completion percentage last year was only 69%.  If that were a math test, he'd get a D.  And he was only 7th in the nation in completion percentage, meaning there were 6 people better than him.  6 is a lot of people!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2