nlm

Tommy LaStella 2019 Outlook

What a story this guy is.  I am beginning to believe that roto/fantasy leagues are won just as much on waiver wire pickups as the draft.

• Like 2

Hmmm, I guess he didn't like me downplaying his HR pace...another bomb off another lefty too...

The Lucas Giolito waiver wire find for hitters.

He's riding a 9 game hitting streak with 3 HR (to bring his season total to 15) heading into tonight. I think this is beyond fluke stages.

• Like 1

Wanted to post this earlier:

This is a tough week, facing Ryu, Snell, Morton. Maeda and Yarbrough arent exactly easy matchups either.

• Thanks 1

Got subbed out late game for Fletcher last night...

I am certainly not about to panic or anything, but with Simmons and J-Up both due back in next two week or so (given no setbacks) he might start to get squeezed for PT somewhat? Something to consider...

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Got subbed out late game for Fletcher last night...

I am certainly not about to panic or anything, but with Simmons and J-Up both due back in next two week or so (given no setbacks) he might start to get squeezed for PT somewhat? Something to consider...

they'd be dumb to limit their 2nd best hitter in an capacity 

back in the lineup, batting leadoff today

11 hours ago, pierceNKC said:

2 for his last 16 🙄

Anytime I see a player miss a game, or be dealing with "soreness" to where it gets mentioned, I bench for a few days in daily.  He had forearm soreness or tightness, not sure which term they used.  Just like when Moose got hit on the hand but played through it.

Ah The classic one-hit wonder...waiver wire gem now is waiver fodder

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

16 at bats is like four games lol

And in those 16 at bats he's struck out twice

bum

On 6/18/2019 at 9:35 PM, pierceNKC said:

2 for his last 16 🙄

On 6/11/2019 at 2:33 AM, Gryfter said:

Wanted to post this earlier:

This is a tough week, facing Ryu, Snell, Morton. Maeda and Yarbrough arent exactly easy matchups either.

2-4, 2B, RBI, 2 Rs

He was waived in my league. I realize he’s a career bench guy having a career year and has recently hit a bit of a skid but the overall numbers are great.

Am I missing something here?

31 minutes ago, fourstar said:

He was waived in my league. I realize he’s a career bench guy having a career year and has recently hit a bit of a skid but the overall numbers are great.

Pick him up. Congrats you got Jose Altuve without the steals for free

Amazing these waiver wire pickups can outplay picks in the first five rounds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fourstar said:

The guy who waived him is an idiot.

He was a career bench guy because Maddon had his fetish for Russell, Zobrist, and Happ instead and liked La Stella to pinch hit off the bench.  Heck, Bote got more ABs than him last year.  This year, keeping his current pace and being at 259 AB, he will have gotten more AB this season than 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 combined (509).

The bat has always been legit.  Had a .310 avg in the minors.  He batted .384 in college.

The power is the question mark and nothing in his track record suggested it would be there.

Not sure about the recent skid.  Last 7 days has him with a 8/22, .384 avg, 1 HR, 3 RBI. 

Maybe it is a very shallow league in play in?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thought for sure the guy got Jermaine Dye'd last night.   

Tommy La Stella has been diagnosed with a right shin contusion.

But that's just a preliminary diagnosis, as La Stella will get a CT scan and be reevaluated by the Angels' medical staff on Wednesday. The freshly-minted All-Star fouled a ball hard into his right leg in the sixth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Rangers and had to be helped off the field. There should be more information on his status ahead of Wednesday's tilt in Texas.

Edited by Sternes

58 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Thought for sure the guy got Jermaine Dye'd last night.   

Tommy La Stella has been diagnosed with a right shin contusion.

But that's just a preliminary diagnosis, as La Stella will get a CT scan and be reevaluated by the Angels' medical staff on Wednesday. The freshly-minted All-Star fouled a ball hard into his right leg in the sixth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Rangers and had to be helped off the field. There should be more information on his status ahead of Wednesday's tilt in Texas.

Hopefully he is right for his first all star game