DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Jalen is better at that.

No, he isn't.

Jalen is just what you have seen.

How many college games of Josh Jacobs did you watch?

• Like 2

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No, he isn't.

None

But, Jacobs cant be out for EVERY snap.

3 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

None

But, Jacobs cant be out for EVERY snap.

No, he can't. The idea that 8 man boxes would affect Josh Jacobs that much is a misnomer.

He is an excellent pass blocker and receiver so you can expect him to get as many opportunities as he can handle.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

Jacobs is gonna be a legit 3-down back. No competition for carries, also catches well. He’s been taking almost all of the 1st team reps so he’s gonna be out there most of the time. I can see 18 touches, 85 total yards, possibly a TD too

What are we projecting for a 16 game season with Brown out?

250 carries/950 yards and 60 catches/425 yards 6-8 touchdowns?

1 minute ago, jsch08 said:

What are we projecting for a 16 game season with Brown out?

250 carries/950 yards and 60 catches/425 yards 6-8 touchdowns?

A little low in the rushing (breaks 1000) a little high in the receiving (50 catches max) 8-10 TD’s. Think he finishes around 280 touches

• Like 1

Saw a stat 10 out of the 11 past first round RB's finished as a top 10 RB in fantasy.  Lets hope he makes is 11 out of 12.

Is JJ better or worse without AB? Any comparison to Saquon with/without OBJ?

Edited by blabety

2 minutes ago, blabety said:

Id guess worse because the offense will be worse as a whole but I’m still not too worried. I’m a believer in Jacobs.

2 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Id guess worse because the offense will be worse as a whole but I’m still not too worried. I’m a believer in Jacobs.

I get that too, but I feel like AB being who he is, Carr would've had to at least targeted him 10 times to make him happy. Now 3 of those targets can be check downs :) I'm guessing more opportunities and yardage without AB, but less TDs.

Hey out of all the rookie rbs this dude is a guaranteed lock 🔒 for 15+ touches a game, same can’t be said for any other rookie rb this year 

17 minutes ago, blabety said:

Probably worse, teams are going to make Carr beat them and the o line is suspect

25 minutes ago, blabety said:

TD upside's clearly lower, but he'll probably get way more work without AB. The Raiders offense now basically has to run through Jacobs. If he can stay healthy the volume should be monstrous. 

Edited by LongBalls

40 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Saw a stat 10 out of the 11 past first round RB's finished as a top 10 RB in fantasy.  Lets hope he makes is 11 out of 12.

I've never looked for myself but this would make sense. RB's have become pretty devalued around the league. 1st round picks are absolute massive investments. I imagine teams feel alot dumber whiffing on a RB in the 1st round rather than say a WR. Also add in that the earlier years of a RB back's career tend to be the most valuable and it just doesn't make sense to draft a RB in the 1st round if your not going to use them as a bellcow. Someone like Rashad Penny is a huge outlier. It takes the perfect storm like Pete Carroll, and a much better back on the roster. 

Investing a 1st round pick, doesn't have alot of mileage on his legs, there isn't another inbetween the tackles runner on the roster, I just don't see how he doesn't get a crazy amount of volume. Even if he sucks. That leads to fantasy points. 

Hot take but this AB stuff is good news for Jacobs IMO. Won't have him bitching for targets/creating drama all season. Made Mayock/Raiders look really stupid. Neither are going to want there 1st round pick to get 150-200 touches and have a forgettable year. Now that AB is gone I think your going to see the Raiders run the ball more, and alot of checkdown's/short passes where Carr excels. RB's benefit when a target hog WR leaves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

It's 7 of the past 11 in full PPR, going back to the 2012 Draft. 

RB1 as a rookie Yes: Saquon, Fournette, CMC, Zeke, Gurley, T.Richardson, D.Martin
RB1 as a rookie No: Penny, Michel, M.Gordon, D.Wilson (none of them were an RB2 either)

52 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Probably worse, teams are going to make Carr beat them and the o line is suspect

Their OL is fine. Jacobs outlook is hurt because the offense will be much worse without Brown opening up the field though.

Michel had injury issues, Penny/Wilson got stuck behind better RB's, and M.Gordon is a good call all tho I do remember him also having some injury issues. If Jacobs struggles with his health than yeah there will be trouble. 

Lynch/Martin combined for 262 carries, 1099 yards, 7 TD's + 33 receptions, 200 yards. That's not taking into account Richard/Washington's 85 carries/68 receptions. Richard is still getting those looks IMO. If Jacobs stays healthy I just don't see how he doesn't get a crazy workload. Martin/Lynch were on there last legs last year. If Jacobs is good he'll be a RB1 IMO, if he's average/below average he'll be an inconsistent RB2 with some RB1 weeks off sheer volume. If he's bad he'll still be in the flex conversation just because of his volume. 

1 hour ago, Corleone said:

It's 7 of the past 11 in full PPR, going back to the 2012 Draft. 

RB1 as a rookie Yes: Saquon, Fournette, CMC, Zeke, Gurley, T.Richardson, D.Martin
RB1 as a rookie No: Penny, Michel, M.Gordon, D.Wilson (none of them were an RB2 either)

So every RB that got starter workload finished as a top 10 RB.  I don't see how Jacobs doesn't see at least 220 carries and 30 rec. 

• Like 1

He's gonna get all the run he can handle. AB gone freed up 130 targets. Won't be surprised if Jacobs catches 50-60 balls this year 

5 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's gonna get all the run he can handle. AB gone freed up 130 targets. Won't be surprised if Jacobs catches 50-60 balls this year 

I can only hope

Jacobs and Jalen Richards are going to get passed to a lot more often now.  The only proven commodity is WR Tyrell Williams ( a career number 2 receiver). 

Renfrow may get some, and Waller, but, both are raw at the positions they are in.  I See this being a big + for the RB's

Edited by Sivaro

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

Jacobs and Jalen Richards are going to get passed to a lot more often now.  The only proven commodity is WR Tyrell Richards( a career number 2 receiver). 

Renflow may get some, and Waller, but, both are raw at the positions they are in.  I See this being a big + for the RB's

Tyrell Williams, but yeah I can get behind these points.. Jacobs may have a lower TD total and lower YPC( Not that its relevant to fantasy) possibly with more stacked boxes but the sheer volume should even it out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No, he isn't.

At this point yes he is.  But doesn't matter anyway.  Jacobs was drafted to be a 3 down RB something Jalen will never be.  As long as Jacobs is a decent to good receiving back the threat of him rushing should keep him on the field over Jalen.

Matt Forte rookie year upside here. I am glad I got him in my main league. I am really looking forward to watching him on Monday night. 

Hes going to be the focal point of the Raiders offense. He may not get alot of TD's but the usage is going to be insane. Gotta feel good about him as your RB2 going into week 1.