DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Oh My Gosh Jacobs

Edited by goldpants77
For fun

I see the stats but did he pass the eyeball test? I was at work and forgot to record the game

1 minute ago, itschief33 said:

I see the stats but did he pass the eyeball test? I was at work and forgot to record the game

He looked fairly good on several of his touches. He's legit barring some implosion by his offense.

• Thanks 1

Just now, itschief33 said:

I have zero shares of him. He absolutely passes the eyeball test and makes me wish I had reached with my picks in any of my three leagues to snag him. His abilities behind the o line with that volume is going to be deadly. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, itschief33 said:

With flying colors. He is a complete back. 

• Thanks 1

He didn't look all that explosive or elusive to me, but got a huge workload and the golden goal line touches.  And that's what's matters.  

Edited by ccimore

16 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Did ya have to rub it in? Some people might of went wrs and QBs before rbs. Even TEs

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ccimore said:

He didn't look all that explosive or elusive to me, but got a huge workload and the golden goal line touches.  And that's what's matters.  

Anyone get more carries then him this week?

13 minutes ago, ccimore said:

He didn't on the surface. But a lot of the time he didn't have much space at all. On the catch he had with space he looked good for sure.

In saying that with 2 offensive lineman coming back, more catches in future games, along with a few bad defenses at some point on the schedule I assume. He should have some monster games most likely.

23 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

He didn't on the surface. But a lot of the time he didn't have much space at all. On the catch he had with space he looked good for sure.

In saying that with 2 offensive lineman coming back, more catches in future games, along with a few bad defenses at some point on the schedule I assume. He should have some monster games most likely.

Well idk about you, but 1/1 have been “monster” games for me thus far. I was highly skeptical of myself for drafting him, admittedly, before the game. I’m glad the young man proved me wrong for at least one game. 

It was the guy with the highlight reel college youtube clips vs. the guy with the guaranteed workload. I went with the guy with the guaranteed workload in every draft that both were available (2), and as of week 1, that seems to have been the right move. Love me some DMont, but that's a crowded a** backfield.

Dude is going to be good. If he can get some more work in the passing game he could really take off. He's the kind of back you feel can bust one at any moment. His workload was very encouraging as Richard and Washington are JAGS. I was down a bit because during the draft I felt I was just stuck with him. Excited is an understatement after tonight.

1 hour ago, Tghetty said:

Anyone get more carries then him this week?

I think Mack had 25 for 174

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Dude is going to be good. If he can get some more work in the passing game he could really take off. He's the kind of back you feel can bust one at any moment. His workload was very encouraging as Richard and Washington are JAGS. I was down a bit because during the draft I felt I was just stuck with him. Excited is an understatement after tonight.

In the post game grudges said that he was really impressed with his catch and run, and that hes an all around back... exciting days to come hopefully for ppr as well

Definitely passed the eye test. Sure there weren't a lot of highlight reel runs, but there really wasn't a lot of room and he definitely made the most of it. And perhaps more importantly, the usage was exactly what owners were hoping for. I know it's only one week but barring injury or dynamic shift in usage (which is unlikely) he'll finish a top 10 RB. 

He is what he was in the preseason.  He gets what is blocked for him and nothing more.  When OAK plays against teams that are more stout in the front 7 against the run he’s going to struggle.

But he’ll be a good FF on volume.  Gruden is clearly not going to give anyone but him the rushes.  If he holds up he’ll have a good FF season, but I have a feeling there are going to be some clunkers in there when he’s up against a stronger run D and he’s held out of the end zone.  He’s got kind of a Trent Richardson feel for me right now.

• Like 1

RB in fantasy is all about opportunity and he has that to with his talent.  Wish I had shares in this guy.

And don’t be fooled by the fact he had just 1 reception. The Broncos made it a point to cover him out of the backfield. He ran a ton of routes, but was defended extremely well. Rest assured, he will have some solid receiving game usage

7 hours ago, itschief33 said:

He didn’t seem explosive. More of a typical Alabama plodder. He sure got the touches though.

7 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

And don’t be fooled by the fact he had just 1 reception. The Broncos made it a point to cover him out of the backfield. He ran a ton of routes, but was defended extremely well. Rest assured, he will have some solid receiving game usage

So you’re expecting other Ds to let him run free on routes out of the backfield?

This is part of the problem with OAK losing Brown.  You’ll see better coverage roll down, especially with Ty Williams and Waller being the only two guys that really throw any significant concern to opposing D backfields. 

9 minutes ago, blazehound said:

He didn’t seem explosive. More of a typical Alabama plodder. He sure got the touches though.

Plodder? Plodders don’t have moves. This guy can move. He’s athletic, shifty and agile. The complete opposite of a plodder. 

2 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

He is what he was in the preseason.  He gets what is blocked for him and nothing more.  When OAK plays against teams that are more stout in the front 7 against the run he’s going to struggle.

But he’ll be a good FF on volume.  Gruden is clearly not going to give anyone but him the rushes.  If he holds up he’ll have a good FF season, but I have a feeling there are going to be some clunkers in there when he’s up against a stronger run D and he’s held out of the end zone.  He’s got kind of a Trent Richardson feel for me right now.

I thought he looked pretty great especially on his catch. You could also look at this way denver was supposed and imo still does have a top 3 def. The raiders are missing two stud lineman which along with an already very impressive line. Carr looked good. Waller and williams are decent enough.

They do have a brutal schedule worst ive seen in the first 6 weeks.

2- chiefs great, but they will be down.

3- Top 5 run def

4- colts- good match up but they will probably be down.

5- Bears- worst possible match up

6- Packers- Def looked legit

7- Houston- Not bad

8-Lions- Not bad

9- Chargers- Not bad

10- Bengals- Not bad

11- Jets- Not bad

12- Chiefs

13- Titans

14- Jags- probably gave up by now, no qb

15- chargers.

16-Broncos

Edited by nmartinez12443

So if the guy isn't dancing around the line and doing Madden spin moves he is a guy who just gets what blocked... he's a JAG with opportunity... How about a guy who gets positive yards? if you think this guy has shown his full potential then your wrong. Even after a strong rookie debut there is people doubting his ability lol. 

Edited by ShowStopper
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Plodder? Plodders don’t have moves. This guy can move. He’s athletic, shifty and agile. The complete opposite of a plodder. 

I didn’t see many moves. He took the lanes that were given to him. He got what was blocked for and little more. Not particularly shifty or dynamic. Workman like. But again, doesn’t matter. He’s a bell cow.