DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Nobody feeling good that he was injured and sick leading up to the game, and still walked away with 10 carries on 25 snaps and 4.4 ypc? Or did I just wake up in a good mood?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jadakid said:

Nobody feeling good that he was injured and sick leading up to the game, and still walked away with 10 carries on 25 snaps and 4.4 ypc? Or did I just wake up in a good mood?

He is a good player on a bad team that gets too cute using the Theo riddicks of the world. We can hope they start to see Jacobs tape and realize he's a gifted receiver. Otherwise why did they burn a premium pick on him to be a 2 down grinder?

I benched him in all of my leagues leading up to the week.... the guy lost 10 lbs. due to an illness and was dealing with a hip injury. And people are complaining about a week 2 performance in which he rushed for 100 yards (99 if we wanna get technical)? I'm not seeing the negativity in here that you all are seeing.

For what it's worth:

The negativity is the anemic offense accompanied with zero involvement in the passing game. Him getting game scripted out a lot of the time has become a very legitimate concern. 

I believe Gruden when he says that. I need that usage to really ramp up or he’s getting packaged and sent 

Edited by itschief33

5 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

I believe Gruden when he says that. I need that usage to really ramp up or he’s getting packaged and sent 

Hopefully Gruden reads your post.  I’ll ship you a solid wr if not 🤷🏿‍♂️

He needs to go off this week or we're in trouble. Gotta see 3-4 receptions and a TD, otherwise we're gonna bottom out with the Bears next week then a bye. Huge weekend for Jacobs owners. 

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He needs to go off this week or we're in trouble. Gotta see 3-4 receptions and a TD, otherwise we're gonna bottom out with the Bears next week then a bye. Huge weekend for Jacobs owners. 

If he has a meh performance this week and next vs Da Bears, Huge buy low window IMO

• Like 2

One of Jacobs best traits coming out of college was his ability to catch the ball, he runs routes like a WR and has great hands. He is a better receiver than Jalen Richard

Gruden thinks they need to get more out of Jacobs in the passing game. Lmao, are these coaches for real? 

Hilarious how dumb they are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gotta get big production out of him this week cause it's gonna be tough to count on it in the bad matchups. I really hope the article above is correct and we start seeing 3-4 catches a week. 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Gotta get big production out of him this week cause it's gonna be tough to count on it in the bad matchups. I really hope the article above is correct and we start seeing 3-4 catches a week. 

Totally agree.

• Like 1

I’m giving him a pass for the last two games.  Was sick and getting IVs in the first one and still likely not close to 100% for the last.   A few catches a game would be great and should give him a good floor with his carries.

34 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I’m giving him a pass for the last two games.  Was sick and getting IVs in the first one and still likely not close to 100% for the last.   A few catches a game would be great and should give him a good floor with his carries.

There’s no report out there to suggest he isn’t healthy and ready to go 

57 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Just feel like this guy is a wait and see until they affirmatively involve him more. 

This.  I can't comfortably start him even as a flex until this offense and his role shows more signs of life.

Surprised people are still even complaining about the guy considering the RB wasteland that occurred around his ADP. Just be glad you have the only rookie back worth a damn. He's still talented and is gonna get a s--- ton of work.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Surprised people are still even complaining about the guy considering the RB wasteland that occurred around his ADP. Just be glad you have the only rookie back worth a damn. He's still talented and is gonna get a s--- ton of work.

Wasn't a great class.

The way the college game is going next year may not be better.  You know when SEC QBs are outpacing the Big 12 the passing game is here to stay.

2 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Just feel like this guy is a wait and see until they affirmatively involve him more. 

You guys gonna be waiting on the sidelines while Jacobs goes off. I started him over A Jones at flex this week. This is a prime time game for him. He’s been barely used last two weeks, he’s fresh ready to roll. The colts won’t have TY. Raiders actually have a good shot of controlling this game if your worried about the game script. Everything is pointing to a very good game.

• Like 1

My main concern is that Carr sucks balls on the road. His bad passes & INTs constantly kill drives, forcing a game script that doesn't allow the Raiders to feature Jacobs.

I'm still leaning toward starting him, but only because my other options aren't too good either.

Ekeler went bonkers on Indy. Henry and Freeman also had very good games. I’m starting Jacobs for sure. He hasn’t been bad the last two games, he just hasn’t gotten the ball (was targeted twice last week. One drop one uncatchable so I think the catches come).

Edited by jsch08

11 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys gonna be waiting on the sidelines while Jacobs goes off. I started him over A Jones at flex this week. This is a prime time game for him. He’s been barely used last two weeks, he’s fresh ready to roll. The colts won’t have TY. Raiders actually have a good shot of controlling this game if your worried about the game script. Everything is pointing to a very good game.

I’d rather wait and see with him and start McCoy. They just don’t utilize this man how he should be, or at least haven’t shown that they’re going to. 

1 minute ago, HarambeLives said:

I’d rather wait and see with him and start McCoy. They just don’t utilize this man how he should be, or at least haven’t shown that they’re going to. 

In week 2 he had just gotten sick and receiving IV fluids during the game. Before week 3 he said he had lost 10 lbs. and again received IV's on the sideline. You can not know for certain of course. But you would assume that he would have gotten more carriers and targets those weeks if he were not sick. You could also presume that he would have done a little more with what he did get if he were completely healthy.

I think he is going to have a good year and a few great games sprinkled in. Finishing as a top 7-8 running back. Just the way I personally see it going.