DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

54 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Starting with confidence

same. If it ends up being broke and he’s a late scratch, I’ll end up with a big goose egg with the rest of my lineup playing at 1

2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

same. If it ends up being broke and he’s a late scratch, I’ll end up with a big goose egg with the rest of my lineup playing at 1

surely you can cut some scrub to scoop Washington as an insurance policy, no? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

surely you can cut some scrub to scoop Washington as an insurance policy, no? 🤷‍♂️

It’s a combination of feeling really confident Jacobs will play and also loving every player on my short bench 

I think Jacobs will play. He's a tough kid, and he knows the Raiders are depending on him to win games. 

I'd rather roll the dice and start him for an afternoon game, even if he somehow doesn't play and gives me a big fat zero, than to bench him and he goes off.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:30 PM, StevenSC400 said:

Why are you guys acting like that’s the first player to get a shot during the game? It’s really not that uncommon. He’s not the first and he won’t be the last. The fact that he finished the game last week is what should stand out.

agreed it always happens.  THe story is the head coach admitting it happened.  Don't see that often

I think unless you have a top 20 or so option on bench, you have to roll with Jacobs.  Just to gauge barometer I’m sitting him for Freeman in PPR.  If your options are guys like Drake, McCoy et al than I think you fire up Jacobs 

Really tough to sit him. But never know if he will miss a good portion of the game or not. I'm leaning towards sitting for Edmonds.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Really tough to sit him. But never know if he will miss a good portion of the game or not. I'm leaning towards sitting for Edmonds.

Same exact situation I'm in.

Sitting him for Murray in a league. I would play him over Edmonds (cause of Nawlins)

• Like 1

Sitting him for Tyrell Williams this week.  I think he's fine but I can't pass up Tyrell against the Houston'less secondary in which I'd assume Oakland will be playing from behind.

What a pleasant surprise this young man has been for my roster this year. He has quietly been a steady force. He is the one true player I can pretty much set and forget. He just goes about his work and produces. Love the confidence they have in him and how they feed him like a seasoned vet. Hope he is helping lots of teams out there get closer to the playoffs. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

I know I've said it before, and I realize it sounds greedy, but I really wish they'd involve him more in the passing game. Mainly to keep his floor high the weeks the TDs don't come. Everything considered he's still been great though. 

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I know I've said it before, and I realize it sounds greedy, but I really wish they'd involve him more in the passing game. Mainly to keep his floor high the weeks the TDs don't come. Everything considered he's still been great though. 

He had some pretty bad drops today. Doesn’t help his case, in that regard. It would be nice, though.

He's averaging 15pts a game in standard scoring - 6th overall for RBs.  Very solid numbers for being about the ~18th RB off the board at draft time.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, itschief33 said:

On a much more positive note, his cuts are NASTY

In addition to the cutting ability, he also lays beat downs at the second level. Ask Adrian Amos.

• Like 1

I predict tonight the training wheels come off in the receiving game.

I predict 5 catches for 50 yards and a TD. Normal rushing load with 10 days rest coming up.

• Like 1