DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

Thank God for that TD. Good to see an uptick in the receiving game as well. He definitely looks like the real deal out there, and also looks completely healthy which is nice. 

After a season of Michel/Kerryon/Ty as my RBs, it feels so good to have a legit RB. Carry me to the playoffs, please. 

can make a very solid case for this kid nuzzling into that second tier behind CMC going forward ... yeah, he's that good.  go ahead, fight me on this 👊

bit of load management last night from Gruden, i'm sure - that shoulder's been a bisch. 

onward and upward, young fella. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

can make a very solid case for this kid nuzzling into that second tier behind CMC going forward ... yeah, he's that good.  go ahead, fight me on this 👊

bit of load management last night from Gruden, i'm sure - that shoulder's been a bisch. 

onward and upward, young fella. 

10 days rest coming up.

5 receiving targets last night, 3 catches. Getting more involved, still room to grow, hoping to see him in on some more of the 2 minute offense as we get into the latter part of the season but nothing worth complaining about his game. I think he gets better in the receiving game going forward.

18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

10 days rest coming up.

5 receiving targets last night, 3 catches. Getting more involved, still room to grow, hoping to see him in on some more of the 2 minute offense as we get into the latter part of the season but nothing worth complaining about his game. I think he gets better in the receiving game going forward.

For sure. Also add the fact that in that "2 minute offense" he got the dramatic game winning touchdown. Everything seems to be falling into place for him and that team to get him a lot of points for the rest of the season. Along with a 10 day break a healthier offensive line.

Woooohoooo

28 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

One of the nicest mid round selections of the year. Show me the lie.

Outside of Kupp and Lamar....Jacobs is the biggest draft win of the year 

5 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Outside of Kupp and Lamar....Jacobs is the biggest draft win of the year 

Patriots D is by far. 

He’s definitely special. Several plays last night where 90% of the starting RBs in the league would’ve been brought down for zero or negative yards and he made a nice positive play out of them. Mouth is watering for the matchup vs. the bengals next week. 

• Like 1

Jacobs is so sneaky good in space. I say sneaky because he’s not a burner or athletic freak for the position , but he always makes guys miss in space. His vision and the way he sets up defenders is special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

10 days rest coming up.

👍

and, with all due respect to your boy DH (and Mr. Ingram), this Jacobs kid looks to be the most professional tackle foosball ready/complete rb 'bama has churned out. 

#troof

• Like 1

Every time they throw this guy the ball ... I'm like ... why don't they throw it to him all the time? Get him in space and he's a ninja.

• Like 3

Guy is a stud.  I was really concerned about drafting not only a rookie RB, but a Raiders RB, and that concern only grew when AB left.  He has proven every concern wrong.  Take us home, Josh.

2 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

He’s definitely special. Several plays last night where 90% of the starting RBs in the league would’ve been brought down for zero or negative yards and he made a nice positive play out of them. Mouth is watering for the matchup vs. the bengals next week. 

For me he looks and runs like Zeke with a little more wiggle. 

that one run towards the beginning of the game where he was going outside and the chargers were all over it then he stopped and cut through the middle for 5 was an absolute gem

• Like 3

How about the last catch that went for about 13 yards? Jacobs is so smooth and made the defender think he had an angle on him, but no. Jacobs made him look silly. The poster who called Jacobs a ninja in open space was dead on. Perfect description.

13 minutes ago, 9amest said:

that one run towards the beginning of the game where he was going outside and the chargers were all over it then he stopped and cut through the middle for 5 was an absolute gem

Yeah i remember watching that play unfold and i was like #&$@! Thats a five yard loss....

As a long time Broncos fan, I never thought I would ever be rooting for a Raider to have success let alone for the Raiders to stay in games. Imagine what this team could have been had AB not fallen apart at the seams.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Arian Foster clone 

From the tiny bit I saw of him in preseason this was the closest comparison I could think of when it came to running style, vision and decision making.  Mad I only got him in two of four leagues while drafting someone like KJ in round three over him in my main one.  Please forgive me Mr. Jacobs.

Edit: I think what actually made me think of Foster when watching him was how he seemed to effortlessly glide through narrow holes and pick up yards that didn't seem to be there.

Edited by CharlesCC2

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Arian Foster clone 

He reminds me of Zeke. It's very subtle, but if you look close enough he does a lot of the little things that Zeke does during a run. He's patient and able to navigate through a hole and always falls forward for those extra yards.

Edited by nonstopfan

19 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

As a long time Broncos fan, I never thought I would ever be rooting for a Raider to have success let alone for the Raiders to stay in games. Imagine what this team could have been had AB not fallen apart at the seams.

Maybe it would have been worse?

Maybe it helped galvanize them and bring them together even more? 

I think they're 100x better off , who wants to deal with his bs in the locker room with a young team. 

All I know is they're an easy team to root for, as far as comparisons I see a lot of Zeke in him as well. 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 3

Where will he likely go next season? I jumped on McCaffery last year at the end of the first round only to see him taken 2nd overall behind Barkley this season. Jacobs has flat out balled. 12 team league? Gruden does not hide his intentions. Next year should bring increased passing game involvement. Although he isn't on the field as much as you'd like, his touches are right on par with RB1s.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Where will he likely go next season? I jumped on McCaffery last year at the end of the first round only to see him taken 2nd overall behind Barkley this season. Jacobs has flat out balled. 12 team league? Gruden does not hide his intentions. Next year should bring increased passing game involvement. Although he isn't on the field as much as you'd like, his touches are right on par with RB1s.

Late first round for me