DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Jacobs 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, HTXMade said:

Late first round for me

Exactly. It's still not an explosive offense and he's still not a Zeke/Barkley/CMC type that barely comes off the field. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Where will he likely go next season? I jumped on McCaffery last year at the end of the first round only to see him taken 2nd overall behind Barkley this season. Jacobs has flat out balled. 12 team league? Gruden does not hide his intentions. Next year should bring increased passing game involvement. Although he isn't on the field as much as you'd like, his touches are right on par with RB1s.

Top 10-12 for sure. Will be a target for me for sure

54 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Exactly. It's still not an explosive offense and he's still not a Zeke/Barkley/CMC type that barely comes off the field. 

Sounds about right, they have a beast line though and could become more potent offensively. He will become a back that doesn't come off the field by next season you're already seeing an uptick in targets. Late first seems about right swing pick has potential to be beautiful next draft.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 2

I remember when people crapped on this year's dynasty prospects...this dude looking like a top end rb1 for quite some time once he gets it all figured out 

Not even playing fantasy football this year. Just wanted to drop by and say Josh Jacobs is a beast. I’m a huge Raider fan and I was at the TNF Chargers game when Jacobs sealed it with a TD. Had to buy his jersey right after. Something tells me he was a sleeper pick up for anyone who was able to get him earlier in the season. He’s about to hit over 1,000 yards rushing after the Jets game too. Hope JJ retires with us. Raider nation for life baby!!! 10–6 and a playoff birth here we come.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

Who's the handcuff to this guy? 

If Jacobs were to go down, I imagine we would see something near an even split or a little in Washington’s favor on early downs, with Richard playing all 3rd downs. 

24 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

the next Alvin Kamara

• Haha 1

I've seen him ranked as high as 5 this week. I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, he's been great and a steal at his ADP but he's right on the border of low-end RB1/high-end RB2 IMO. 

In terms of his handcuff, realistically there isn't one. I'd give Richard the edge, especially in PPR, but it'd be pretty close to an even split. I'd put Richard as a RB3 and Washington as a RB4. 

17 hours ago, rylaughlin said:

As noted, there really hasn't been a handcuff on the Raiders since the Murray days. They always turn to the super JAGness of the Richard and Washington split, which makes the backfield basically not relevant for fantasy. 

In terms of this week's matchup you attack the Jets through the air. I don't see a giant yardage day, but I wouldn't be surprise with 2 TDs if Carr can move the ball. 

Edited by LongBalls

On 11/28/2019 at 6:11 AM, StartYourStuds said:

Anyone confident in this weeks matchup? 

6 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Seeing as KC is #32 v the run....hell Yes?

No question KC being 32 against the run is encouraging, but I'm quite concerned KC gets out to an early lead and Jacobs gets gamescripted out of the game. That's the biggest, and perhaps only problem with Jacobs. When they get down big we see a lot more or Richard and Washington. 

Someone needs to teach Carr how to check-down to Jacobs when nothing is there. He was WIDE open on one play jumping up and down waving his arms and Carr didn't even look his way. Between this and him being useless in negative gamescripts, it severely limits his value. 

The result against KC was painfully obvious the moment they didn't score early. We all knew he could run all over that D, but once they get down a good amount we don't see him anymore. 

Don't get me wrong he's still been great given his ADP but with a few more receptions and closer games he'd be a legit RB1. 

28 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Someone needs to teach Carr how to check-down to Jacobs when nothing is there. He was WIDE open on one play jumping up and down waving his arms and Carr didn't even look his way. Between this and him being useless in negative gamescripts, it severely limits his value. 

The result against KC was painfully obvious the moment they didn't score early. We all knew he could run all over that D, but once they get down a good amount we don't see him anymore. 

Don't get me wrong he's still been great given his ADP but with a few more receptions and closer games he'd be a legit RB1. 

I remember that play, he eventually did look his way bit still would not dump it off, and panicked and ate the sack like he normally does.  Carr is one of, if not THE biggest thief in the NFL with that contract of his... guy is absolute trash.

• Like 1

They were still running him in the 2nd half, but they didn't get many possessions and didn't run much as they were catching up. He lost his 100 rush yards twice before finally settling over 100 rush yards to end the game.

He wasn't gamescript dependent despite what RW blurbs say. He was in there the entire game. Carr can be blamed for not checking down.

Raiders getting behind and blown out killed their offensive production. They couldn't even score in garbage time.

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Carr checks down to Richard just fine...

Yeah Richard catches plenty. Why? More designed plays for Richard? Situational? I mean if a QB is capable and/or willing to go through projections and ultimately dump it off to the RB why would he do it no problem with one and not the other? 

Even if the Raiders are not down by 20. Jacobs still gets taken out on a lot passing downs, he is a game script dependent  It just And always yield more snaps to the others backs than he should. He does not play the entire game he only play 70%+ snaps once this season. It's very frustrating as a Raiders fan and Jacobs owners watching Gruden take him out in favor of Washington or Richard. Jacobs would literally carry them for like back to back 10+ yards runs to the opp field and Gruden will take him out and give the other backs touches or call some dumb passing play and then they have to punt it away.

Also just seen Jacobs annocuing on snap chat that he got a fractured shoulder since week 7

Carr just ruins Jacobs value.  Will never check down to him.  It's amazing the kid looks so smooth catching the ball.  The play last game epitomized it when Jacobs was literally jumping up and down yelling for the ball and Carr wouldn't even look at him taking a sack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Playing through an injury since week 7. Damn

It's weird cause we all knew this already but something about hearing it just makes that bit of worry creep in. Honestly the bigger concern is Tennessee getting up, killing clock with Henry, while also gamescripting Jacobs out. 

Luckily the raiders are still in contention or else they would likely shut down Jacobs for the year to protect the future of their franchise