dashoe

Marquise Brown 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

He played 14 snaps.  I'd be a little more reserved about his prospects moving forward. 

By week 4 he'll be an every down WR. He's coming off missing most of camp due to injury. It was expected he'd be eased in. He is the clear #1 WR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dropshadows said:

If Ravens are such a "run-first team" now, why did Lamar Jackson throw 5 TD's against a Dolphins team that couldn't score more than 10 points?

My main concern from week to week is, will it be Hollywood, or will it be Boykin, or will it be Andrews?

Boykin worries me more than Andrews. All this "Brown is now the #1 WR" talk could be quickly smashed when he's back. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Does anyone know how to find his snap counts by quarter?  Because if it was frontloaded in the first 2, then its explainable.

No, I don't know where to find that. But I think we can assume it was front loaded in the first quarter. 😂

Boom or bust player IMO. I probably need to watch a little more of him, but from what I saw...it reminded me of Desean Jackson. Worthy of a roster spot for sure.

The 14 snaps shouldn't be an issue. Dude was hurt preseason so they are trying to ease him in and he STILL boomed week 1. Huge breakout potential.

• Like 1

Thought he may get more hype/love here? How bad is the foot? Seems like he could be a favorite target of Lamar and have a big year, thoughts? 

16 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Does anyone know how to find his snap counts by quarter?  Because if it was frontloaded in the first 2, then its explainable.

He didn't play any the second half

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

2 way this plays out, boom bust ravens john brown or tyreek hill. 😁

Hill🥰

Good player to grab, with the amount of run game the Ravens have play action will help him get those big plays when everyone is cheating the run. 

Blew my load on this dude this waiver week.  Hope he was the right WR/RB pickup because I could of had a number of players for that price. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Blew my load on this dude this waiver week.  Hope he was the right WR/RB pickup because I could of had a number of players for that price. 

haha yeah, I dropped some $$$ too and hoping he's not like some of those flash-in-the-pan week 1 WRs of the past.

There was one in particular a few 3 or 5 years back on Dallas. Played week 1 and smoked NYG, then was the big guy, and never did anything ever again. Had "Tree" in his last name I think, can't quite remember.

But yeah, hope Hollywood is far from that and shines as he gets more snaps

I was singing this guys praises in this thread last night but only had 5th waiver priority. Somehow he managed to drop to me. I. am. pumped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hard1 said:

He didn't play any the second half

He left in the middle of the second quarter. i mean by then 28 -0 why bother to play him. He might of lead in target if he stay the whole game.

1 hour ago, mchspd3 said:

He left in the middle of the second quarter. i mean by then 28 -0 why bother to play him. He might of lead in target if he stay the whole game.

Exactly... lightning in a bottle here

12 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Boom or bust player IMO. I probably need to watch a little more of him, but from what I saw...it reminded me of Desean Jackson. Worthy of a roster spot for sure.

Maybe in the sense that the crazy Will Fuller season from two years ago was boom-or-bust. A cannon for an arm in the backfield is the only thing a player like this needs.

I used a #2 wavier spot on him, but still a little hesitant on starting him this week lol. He might chill on my bench one more week to get a better sense.

1 minute ago, decodeddreams said:

I used a #2 wavier spot on him, but still a little hesitant on starting him this week lol. He might chill on my bench one more week to get a better sense.

look, i'm not totally sold on this kid at all ... the Miami game is an outlier, inasmuch that it was against what may turn out to be the worst team in professional tackle foosball history.  their "defense" was a disgrace!

now, all that being said ...

IF you have him then you GOTTA start him vs the Cardinals ... their DBs are so banged up that they have grocery baggers playing the corners - again, a ridiculously plus matchup - they drew the two easiest teams in the leeg to throw on to open up the season ... take advantage of it before they start facing somewhat better resistance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

look, i'm not totally sold on this kid at all ... the Miami game is an outlier, inasmuch that it was against what may turn out to be the worst team in professional tackle foosball history.  their "defense" was a disgrace!

IF you have him then you GOTTA start him vs the Cardinals ... their DBs are so banged up that they have grocery baggers playing the corners - again, a ridiculously plus matchup - they drew the two easiest teams in the leeg to throw on to open up the season ... take advantage of it before they start facing somewhat better resistance. 

I know, I feel like I should start him but just don't see sitting one of my other wr's for him at this point. Good thing I have a couple days to drive myself crazy and over think every scenario. Who knows he may end up in the line up.

8 hours ago, decodeddreams said:

Absolutely the way to go here imo 

8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Agreed, I'm leaning towards starting him as well. The prudent move would be to wait this week , just to see how things shake out. We all know the Miami game was an outlier , no one is daft enough into thinking that's the norm. But playing at home against Arizona is a juicy matchup I will say, and that's without Patrick Peterson who is suspended. The Ravens elite run game should open up some nice play action bombs to this kid.  That's what I banking on, and his snap count going up considerably, which it should. But well see I guess 

Something about this Baltimore offense seems like a trap.  I think Lamar Jackson and Ingram are great pickups but I am super sketched out by the the rest of the field.  I am just not buying it.