Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spundin

Neftali Feliz

Because?

Feliz has poor command and poor secondary stuff and AA is where the prospects get seperated into the real gems and pretenders. Feliz is what, 19? He's not ready for the most judgemental level in the minors. He has to work on his secondary stuff, control, and more on mentality. I know he's got a ridiculous fastball but its well known A-ball can be handled very easily with a good fastball, and Feliz has an electric one.

It sounds like you are regurgitating scouting reports from 2007. Tell me where you've read his command and secondary offerings are lagging this year, because I've heard the exact opposite from a number of sources.

Where have you heard his command has been better? Its hard to tell in A-ball based on just walks. Also, what secondary offerings has he worked on? I haven't heard anything, therefore I'm assuming he's still the same pitcher dominating a level that he should be expected to dominate.

On various scouting forums. Feliz's punch-out pitch this year has been his change-up. I don't think there is any pitch f/x stats for him, but from all the scouts I've read, they've been blown away with his secondary offerings and command. I mean, 8.6% BB rate and 32.7% K rate. If that doesn't scream command, I don't know what does. His command ratio is 3.8. He's striking out almost 4 times as many batters as he's walking.

If Feliz were in AA from here on out, you might see him walk as many guys as innings pitched. Hitters in A-ball aren't nearly as polished as the ones from AA. I haven't heard anything about his secondary stuff, but you may be right and I'll take note.

BA named him top 15 best prospect in baseball with their midseason update. Sickels named him top 20

I thnik this kid is pretty legit. Got to love the heat and the change up.

This move is going to backfire on the Rangers and Feliz.

Well Travis tonights line in his third AA start....6 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K = W 2-0! So far in AA he's at 2.65 ERA, with a 1.12 WHIP and 17 K's in 17 IP. He's for real people, sign him up!icon2.gif

Well Travis tonights line in his third AA start....6 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K = W 2-0! So far in AA he's at 2.65 ERA, with a 1.12 WHIP and 17 K's in 17 IP. He's for real people, sign him up!icon2.gif

Feliz was sitting at 95-97 tonight. What's so special about that you ask?

The Corpus Christi stadium gun is notoriously slow.

Feliz was sitting at 95-97 tonight. What's so special about that you ask?

The Corpus Christi stadium gun is notoriously slow.

NICE!!!!

Wow, my perception fell on its face pretty badly. Has anyone heard of Feliz's improvements on his breaking stuff?

What current or past major league pitcher does he resemble? Also is his pitching mechanics sound or does he have problems with his delivery?

I just scooped Feliz in place of Aumont. BA has him ranked ahead of Cahill on their updated top 25 which is some high praise considering the season Cahill is having.

I just scooped Feliz in place of Aumont. BA has him ranked ahead of Cahill on their updated top 25 which is some high praise considering the season Cahill is having.

Feliz is the best pitching prospect in the minors not named Price or Kershaw. Period. The only detriment to his future fantasy owners is that he's going to be playing in the Rangers' stadium, which is awful for pitchers.

Feliz is the best pitching prospect in the minors not named Price or Kershaw. Period. The only detriment to his future fantasy owners is that he's going to be playing in the Rangers' stadium, which is awful for pitchers.

Feliz is different though. He will do fine in Texas or anywhere for that matter. Feliz is special and I rank him ahead of Kershaw and just a bit behind Price.

Feliz is different though. He will do fine in Texas or anywhere for that matter. Feliz is special and I rank him ahead of Kershaw and just a bit behind Price.

No one can combat park effects unless they have power over nature. Seriously, your statement makes no sense. Feliz may very well be extraordinary, but he's still going to have to deal with the ramifications of the ballpark in Arlington. And that means he's going to have an inflated ERA and WHIP.

whens he going to get brought up?

I doubt it, but maybe a cup of coffee in September. I think he has a legit chance of winning a rotation spot out of spring training next season or getting the call early in the season when one of the starters gets rocked time after time or gets injured.

Dude won't see anything til next year. No need to rush him. He went straight to AA from A- this year.

Dude won't see anything til next year. No need to rush him. He went straight to AA from A- this year.

I'd probably agree with this. I also wouldn't be shocked if they gave him a shot in September. It's not like they have a stacked starting rotation holding him back.

I just don't get the excitement about this kid. While it's a crapshoot to forecast any minor leagues future fantasy value the fact remains this kid will be pitching in Texas whenever he does get the call. IMO that makes him a worthless pick up in any mixed league and a borderline pickup at best in AL only leagues.

I'm not training to rain on anyones parade but am I missing something here? Are most of you in keeper leagues where you can have unlimited minor leaguers down on your farm? My leagues allow a 4 max and he wouldn't be in my top 150.

Please name the last starting pitcher not named Nolan Ryan that had any appreciable fantasy value pitching in Texas.