Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spundin

Neftali Feliz

Wow, so Feliz DOES indeed has worked on his secondary stuff. His slider isn't that great, more of a show me pitch I guess and his changeup looks like a plus pitch, but it could use some less velo on it. All in all, with the command improvement and the evolution of a plus changeup has me thinking he's Edinson Volquez(although Volquez has a plus plus changeup while Feliz is borderline plus).

Please name the last starting pitcher not named Nolan Ryan that had any appreciable fantasy value pitching in Texas.

Kevin Brown!

Is he not listed on firstinning.com or am I just really stupid and can't find him for some other reason?

WOW

I'm an idiot, for some reason I kept putting in PEREZ B)

Thanks guys!

haha Damn. I thought I wasn't awake yet on the west coast.

haha Damn. I thought I wasn't awake yet on the west coast.

I think I had Neifi Perez on the mind.... B)

He faces Brett Anderson tonight, should be a nice match-up.

Thanks Luckynines..I'll be looking forward to seeing the results...this could be a future major league matchup down the road..

Thanks Luckynines..I'll be looking forward to seeing the results...this could be a future major league matchup down the road..

It sure will be and Feliz will come out on top!

Doesn't look like he pitched tonight, Anderson did however, sorry about the mis-information guys, he prob. goes tomorrow.

Kevin Brown!

Good call. Us Dodger fans tend to try and forget about him. Back in 93 when he was dominate in Texas the ballpark didn't factor in as much because of his nasty sinker. IMO a great sinkerball pitcher is the only type of arm that could have fantasy value in Arlington. That being said I won't be adding Feliz anytime soon even to my AL only minor league farm squad. Not at the expense of Brett Anderson or Aumont.

Good call. Us Dodger fans tend to try and forget about him. Back in 93 when he was dominate in Texas the ballpark didn't factor in as much because of his nasty sinker. IMO a great sinkerball pitcher is the only type of arm that could have fantasy value in Arlington. That being said I won't be adding Feliz anytime soon even to my AL only minor league farm squad. Not at the expense of Brett Anderson or Aumont.

you're gunna regret that

you're gunna regret that

I doubt it. But thats what I love about projecting minor leaguers fantasy values. They either come back to haunt you or make you feel like a genius. The ultimate in risk/rewards.

I doubt it. But thats what I love about projecting minor leaguers fantasy values. They either come back to haunt you or make you feel like a genius. The ultimate in risk/rewards.

True. I like Feliz more than Aumont though.

Doesn't look like he pitched tonight, Anderson did however, sorry about the mis-information guys, he prob. goes tomorrow.

How did Anderson do Luckynines?

How did Anderson do Luckynines?

I'm not Lucky, but his line was good. 7 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K and 105 pitches. His ERA went up to 1.80 in Midland. Yeah he's pretty good!

Just my opinion, but I'd probably take Feliz over Aumont. Aumont is a bit raw, and while Anderson has a higher floor than Feliz, he also has a lower ceiling.

I dumped Aumont for Feliz the other day.

I'm not Lucky, but his line was good. 7 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K and 105 pitches. His ERA went up to 1.80 in Midland. Yeah he's pretty good!

Thanks Peppy

Not too bad of a line for Mr. Anderson...

I already smell the over-hype on this guy B)

Come on. Some pitcher in the Texas organization is gonna come through at some point for the Rangers right? Why can't it be King Feliz?

Come on. Some pitcher in the Texas organization is gonna come through at some point for the Rangers right? Why can't it be King Feliz?

I'm not touching a Texas pitcher until I see one. If he were a RP I'd be interested, but not a SP in that stadium.

Just look at how much success Volquez has had outside of that park and in a better hitting division.