Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spundin

Neftali Feliz

Just my opinion, but I'd probably take Feliz over Aumont. Aumont is a bit raw, and while Anderson has a higher floor than Feliz, he also has a lower ceiling.

Throwing personal preferences out the door there is a big difference in pitching half of your games at the Ballpark vs. Safeco as far as ceiling is concerned.

Throwing personal preferences out the door there is a big difference in pitching half of your games at the Ballpark vs. Safeco as far as ceiling is concerned.

I'm still looking for huge things from King Feliz no matter what you guys want to say about the stadium. If the hitters can't hit his stuff then you don't have to worry about the stadium. I'm not sure if Texas has ever had a pitcher with this much ability and actually stuck with him.

I'm still looking for huge things from King Feliz no matter what you guys want to say about the stadium. If the hitters can't hit his stuff then you don't have to worry about the stadium. I'm not sure if Texas has ever had a pitcher with this much ability and actually stuck with him.

I'm not saying the kid isn't talented and doesn't have a chance to be a star. However, I am saying that I'd much rather take a chance on another young pitcher like Bumgarner, Parker, Aumont, or a few others with an equal amount of talent.

Arlington is the new Coors.

I'm not touching a Texas pitcher until I see one. If he were a RP I'd be interested, but not a SP in that stadium.

Just look at how much success Volquez has had outside of that park and in a better hitting division.

Volquez's improvements has to be credited to Volquez himself, not the park. Anyhow, the park in Cincy might be even worse than the one in Texas.

Volquez's improvements has to be credited to Volquez himself, not the park. Anyhow, the park in Cincy might be even worse than the one in Texas.

I'd have to agree that both are hitter's parks. Anyone know why Feliz hasn't pitched lately?

That is my point, that he is pitching in a worse pitchers park and still dominating.

Has anyone heard on any injury regarding Feliz?

Because Neftali Feliz has a relatively small amount of IP in his career, they are starting to conserve his arm here at the end of the season. His last turn was skipped, but he'll be back starting tomorrow (or I guess, today now). One can probably take from this that he's gonna be shut down sooner than later.

From Dallas Morning News.

Because Neftali Feliz has a relatively small amount of IP in his career, they are starting to conserve his arm here at the end of the season. His last turn was skipped, but he'll be back starting tomorrow (or I guess, today now). One can probably take from this that he's gonna be shut down sooner than later.

From Dallas Morning News.

Thanks for the info, glad no injury!

Anyone know why Feliz went just 3.1 innings last night and only 57 pitches? I know they are keeping his innings down and all, but something had to happen. Anyone have news?

Anyone know why Feliz went just 3.1 innings last night and only 57 pitches? I know they are keeping his innings down and all, but something had to happen. Anyone have news?

In addition to skipping starts, he's on a limited pitch count when he does start now. Last night was 60.

In addition to skipping starts, he's on a limited pitch count when he does start now. Last night was 60.

Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link? The only reason I ask is because he walked the first batter in the 4th inning and then there was a visit to the mound. He then got the next guy to fly out. They then take Feliz out of the game. It just makes me wonder if he had some kind of injury? He only had 57 pitches, you would think they would have left him in there for one more batter or to complete the inning.

Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link? The only reason I ask is because he walked the first batter in the 4th inning and then there was a visit to the mound. He then got the next guy to fly out. They then take Feliz out of the game. It just makes me wonder if he had some kind of injury? He only had 57 pitches, you would think they would have left him in there for one more batter or to complete the inning.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives...und-monday.html

So when is the ETA of this guy?!?!? This year. the start of next year?

No way he comes up this year, but they will probably invite him to spring training next year and see how he does but we probably wont see him until next September and join the rotation in 2010.

So when is the ETA of this guy?!?!? This year. the start of next year?

Since they are cutting down his pitches and innings he obviously won't be up this year.

I believe Nolan Ryan said they were hoping to have him MLB ready sometime next year.

I believe Nolan Ryan said they were hoping to have him MLB ready sometime next year.

Someone should ask Nolan Ryan if Felix is going to be as good as he was. :-)

Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?

I do not ... it was in a live interview with Ryan during that Rangers game last night. I was watching the game on Extra Innings and caught parts of the interview. I will not swear to the comment being about Feliz but I am pretty sure thats who he was discussing.

I don't have a link, either, but I can confirm that's what was said. They were talking about general direction of the franchise and their pitching and Ryan said that he thinks Feliz will be MLB-ready sometime next year.

sweeeet, i guess it's time to pick up feliz!

A not so great outing from Neftali last night....

3 IP

5 ER

5 BB

6 hits

3 SO

Gives him 17 BBs in 30 IP since being in AA Frisco.

Awesome start in the playoffs tonight for Feliz. 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 11K's! Over his last four starts he's 3-1, 1.23 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, 23 K's in 22 IP! Not a bad finish for this future STUD!