DerrickHenrysCleats

Damien Harris 2019 Outlook

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, ThreadKiller said:

Oh, I know. I just don't think anything he's done in the NFL would qualify as being injury prone. I think the jury is still out on him being labeled that way was my main point.

I don't know about you but when you look at his overall history and the fact that he had two incidents with his knee since his entrance into the NFL, it's impossible not to see a history of injuries, thus injury prone. 

Oct 21, 2018 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Michel missed 2 games with a left knee injury.
Aug 4, 2018 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Michel had a procedure in early August to have fluid drained from his knee. He returned on August 27 but missed the season opener.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rizzle630 said:

I don't know about you but when you look at his overall history and the fact that he had two incidents with his knee since his entrance into the NFL, it's impossible not to see a history of injuries, thus injury prone. 

Oct 21, 2018 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Michel missed 2 games with a left knee injury.
Aug 4, 2018 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1 Michel had a procedure in early August to have fluid drained from his knee. He returned on August 27 but missed the season opener.

It's the same knee. He has an injury history dating back to college, but having an injury on the same knee during one year in the pros is not a reason to be labeled injury prone.

Sony Michel remained absent from Patriots minicamp on Friday and has not been spotted at practice since May 20.

Per masslive.com, the "reason for his absence is unclear." Michel has a lengthy history of knee issues, including last season. His absence comes as there's been chatter that he could be pushed on early downs by third-rounder Damien Harris. We are still very early in the summer, but Michel is looking squarely like an RB2 fade.

Que the organ music.

Cant wait to draft this guy. Do it all back. Michel is injury prone. Burkhead isnt a human being but actually a literal injury bug. White is basically a wr that lines up next to Tom Brady. This kid will have some huge games this year and that's when ya trade him.

• Like 2

Man, I hate drafting NE RB's, but I may have to make an exception for this guy. 

The Athletic's Jeff Howe believes third-round RB Damien Harris could earn a "prominent role."

Per Howe, Harris had a "strong spring." Harris has been earning steady hype as Sony Michel sits with unknown injury issues. Word has been spreading that Harris will challenge Michel on early downs. Harris is currently a free flier in the final rounds of fantasy drafts

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The Athletic's Jeff Howe believes third-round RB Damien Harris could earn a "prominent role."

Per Howe, Harris had a "strong spring." Harris has been earning steady hype as Sony Michel sits with unknown injury issues. Word has been spreading that Harris will challenge Michel on early downs. Harris is currently a free flier in the final rounds of fantasy drafts

He most definitely will. Probably the most well rounded back in the draft. I know DH cleats agrees with me on this

• Like 2

I'm somewhat high on this guy. BB drafting a RB in round 3 especially in their ever ongoing win-now-mode. He is the life insurance for Michel who - as recent posts show - has a vivid injury history.

I guess BB wants to run the ball a lot his year and with a current ADP of 150 he is essentially free (even in my 16-team league :D). He may be an injury away from RB 2 production. Also note, the Patriots have the second easiest running schedule this year.

2 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I'm somewhat high on this guy. BB drafting a RB in round 3 especially in their ever ongoing win-now-mode. He is the life insurance for Michel who - as recent posts show - has a vivid injury history.

I guess BB wants to run the ball a lot his year and with a current ADP of 150 he is essentially free (even in my 16-team league :D). He may be an injury away from RB 2 production. Also note, the Patriots have the second easiest running schedule this year.

Where are you seeing 150?!? He’s 109 on FFcalc

30 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

image.png.d418fa3012c1b304da8bc0081e5b8861.png 

I took the average of those, got roughly 148 and rounded it up to 150.

Edit: This is from the FantasyPros player profile: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/players/damien-harris-rb.php

Gotcha thanks. The 2 places I’ve been seeing, FFC and best balls on Draft, he’s around 110. Absolute steal if he ends up going around 150. I’d guess he won’t though.

3 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Gotcha thanks. The 2 places I’ve been seeing, FFC and best balls on Draft, he’s around 110. Absolute steal if he ends up going around 150. I’d guess he won’t though.

I can see that happen in some leagues. In the more competetive ones it probably won't though.

Probably going to land this cat.

I landed him @ 119 last week.

Also, during said draft, I referenced "overall" ADP as listed on: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/ppr-rb.php not ADP as listed on a players profile page. IMHO you'll miss out on players if you rely on the profile page ADPs vs the overall ADP contained within the link I provided.

For example: the "overall" spreadsheet (see link) had/has Harris' overall ADP at 129. His profile page had him at 157. The profile page has since updated to show in increase in Harris' value, he is now listed at 142, which still doesn't meet the overall ADP of 129.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2019 at 8:51 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but Damien Harris is a better all around RB than Sony Michel.

Sony Michele is faster than Harris and is a threat to score a TD from anywhere on the field. Probably a better chance at an explosive play than Damien Harris.

What? Michel had 4 carries go 20+ last year. Since when is he a home run threat?

7 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

What? Michel had 4 carries go 20+ last year. Since when is he a home run threat?

Which part are you confused about?

I think Michel is faster than Harris.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Which part are you confused about?

I think Michel is faster than Harris.

I think you are confused. Michel may be faster than Harris, but he is no "home run threat" as his 4 carries for 20+ yards goes to show.

43 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I think you are confused. Michel may be faster than Harris, but he is no "home run threat" as his 4 carries for 20+ yards goes to show.

I guess if you base your analysis off 1 year in the NFL I could see how you could reach that conclusion.

I have seen much more of both RBs than that.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have seen much more of both RBs than that.

I actually believe that, but just this statement is not good enough. That's on a par with "because I said so", and that never really works with me.

Give us your proof, man. Tell us the good stuff.

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I actually believe that, but just this statement is not good enough. That's on a par with "because I said so", and that never really works with me.

Give us your proof, man. Tell us the good stuff.

College film is available to everyone with an internet connection. 

I want no part of any NE RB outside of White.

It's going to be infuriating owning either Michel or Harris. Even when someone gets injured you'll watch BB put some backup QB or TE in to take goal line carries.