Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, mongidig said:

I like Montgomery or Sanders as my number 3 back. I don't trust their situations to feel comfortable starting them at the two spot. I can use them as a flex initially and see how things develop. I like having quality RB depth. 

Rookies in crowded backfields scares me. You just don't know how quickly they will be able to become the man if at all. One fumble or missed block could land them on the bench. 

You're never going to get Montgomery as your 3rd back unless you go rb-rb-rb to start.  He's being drafted as a mid range rb2 now.

42 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

You're never going to get Montgomery as your 3rd back unless you go rb-rb-rb to start.  He's being drafted as a mid range rb2 now.

Agree.

Just did a 14 team competitive auction today and Monty went for 23% of auction dollars.  And it was a bidding war for him.  I thought he'd go for around 15% but nope...

Basically worked out that he was a second round pick and a top 15 RB.

Some other guys around him....Jacobs went for 20%, A Jones 23%, Gurley 24%, Mixon 26%, Freeman 23%, Fournette 23%.  So he's right in that range of guys.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

Just did a 14 team competitive auction today and Monty went for 23% of auction dollars.  And it was a bidding war for him.  I thought he'd go for around 15% but nope...

Some other guys around him....Jacobs went for 20%, A Jones 23%, Gurley 24%, Mixon 26%, Freeman 23%, Fournette 23%.  So he's right in that range of guys.  

Wow! That seems steep but I guess he's as good of a lottery ticket as those other guys, aside from Mixon. Still surprised he went for so much more than Jacobs.

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.

Yeah, his ADP/perceived value has been on the upswing for a few weeks now. I believe in the player. It's the HC that concerns me.

3 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Wow! That seems steep but I guess he's as good of a lottery ticket as those other guys, aside from Mixon. Still surprised he went for so much more than Jacobs.

That's because he's the better talent. Jacobs is just in a better situation (from a volume standpoint). 

Edited by The G Man

11 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, his ADP/perceived value has been on the upswing for a few weeks now. I believe in the player. It's the HC that concerns me.

That's because he's the better talent. Jacobs is just in a better situation (from a volume standpoint). 

Dude Jacobs is a way better talent idk what you smoking bro , you will have to learn the hard way like all the other Monty over Jacobs truthers In here, Jacobs is going kill it this year and he will make it look easy

Just now, Brye said:

Dude Jacobs is a way better talent idk what you smoking bro , you will have to learn the hard way like all the other Monty over Jacobs truthers In here, Jacobs is going kill it this year and he will make it look easy

Smoking some pretty good sh!t bro, if you really wanna know. But yeah, guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Tell ya what, why don't you come back after the first quarter of the season and let's compare stats, OK...dude? 

• Haha 1

Yeah I don't get it. Someone needs to explain why it's known that Montgomery is more talented. Jacobs was a first round pick. Montgomery was 3rd. Montgomery put up good stats in the big 12....not the same game as the SEC. What am I missing?

Just now, The G Man said:

Smoking some pretty good sh!t bro, if you really wanna know. But yeah, guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Tell ya what, why don't you come back after the first quarter of the season and let's compare stats, OK...dude? 

For sure how about after week 2 ? Jacobs is a generational talent , watch and see I feel bad for all the people that passed on him I got him as top 10 Rb this year, Doug Martin and marshawn Lynch our up serviceable numbers for fantasy in 12 team leagues now Jacobs the ONLY back on raiders others are irrelevant, and they have Antonio brown and a big time Sleeper TE In Darren Waller and Tyrell Williams another new comer , that’s a top 3 WR, arguably a top 10 TE that is an absolute beast as a blocker, and a very nice deep threat in tyrell Williams, add in the best RB in the draft and this offense is dynamite and Jacobs will not be going against stacked boxes and will have plenty of end zone opportunities but yeah shall be a fun season

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Yeah I don't get it. Someone needs to explain why it's known that Montgomery is more talented. Jacobs was a first round pick. Montgomery was 3rd. Montgomery put up good stats in the big 12....not the same game as the SEC. What am I missing?

Yes because great players must only come out of the SEC, cause gems can't be found in any other Round

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brye said:

For sure how about after week 2 ? Jacobs is a generational talent , watch and see I feel bad for all the people that passed on him I got him as top 10 Rb this year, Doug Martin and marshawn Lynch our up serviceable numbers for fantasy in 12 team leagues now Jacobs the ONLY back on raiders others are irrelevant, and they have Antonio brown and a big time Sleeper TE In Darren Waller and Tyrell Williams another new comer , that’s a top 3 WR, arguably a top 10 TE that is an absolute beast as a blocker, and a very nice deep threat in tyrell Williams, add in the best RB in the draft and this offense is dynamite and Jacobs will not be going against stacked boxes and will have plenty of end zone opportunities but yeah shall be a fun season

Ok we get it, you’re a Raiders fan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Athebaby7 said:

Ok we get it, you’re a Raiders fan

No I’m just seen the film, I seen the scouting reports, I know the scouts for nfl teams as their job and get payed good money 💴 to predict who is going to be better than play b, and out of all those mock drafts everyone knew Jacobs was coming off the boards 1st for rbs, it wasn’t going to be a surprise so idk how you going to say Monty has more talent than Jacobs especially before a real game , it should be the complete opposite Jacobs is the better talent until Monty can prove me wrong ....... Jacobs is a dog, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and started from the absolute bottom , imo Jacobs has more talent and WAY MORE HEART ❤️ 

• Haha 3

Just now, Brye said:

No I’m just seen the film, I seen the scouting reports, I know the scouts for nfl teams as their job and get payed good money 💴 to predict who is going to be better than play b, and out of all those mock drafts everyone knew Jacobs was coming off the boards 1st for rbs, it wasn’t going to be a surprise so idk how you going to say Monty has more talent than Jacobs especially before a real game , it should be the complete opposite Jacobs is the better talent until Monty can prove me wrong ....... Jacobs is a dog, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and started from the absolute bottom , imo Jacobs has more talent and WAY MORE HEART ❤️ 

You know the NFL scouts? Does your uncle work at Nintendo too?

"Jacobs, who sits at No. 5 overall on my board, has a mixture of power and speed that should excite NFL general managers," Miller wrote. "He's a more powerful version of Alvin Kamara with limited wear and tear, only carrying the ball 120 times as a junior and 251 times total in college in the deep Alabama backfield."

A more powerful version of Kamara? That may sound like hyperbole, but it isn't. On film, Jacobs flashes the same kind of quickness, fluidity and field vision that Kamara did coming out of Tennessee. Jacobs may not be quite as polished as a pass-catcher, but the 5'10", 216-pounder does have day-one starter potential.

4 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Yes because great players must only come out of the SEC, cause gems can't be found in any other Round

Not what I'm saying but Jacobs was the first RB taken and was selected two rounds ahead of Montgomery in the draft. Montgomery was the 4th RB taken. Surely there was a difference in talent that would explain that, no? 

I assume NFL teams would have a better idea of who is more talented than some guys on rotoworld. And of course Montgomery could end up being better but I have to question when people on here say Montgomery is more talented. Why? Because you read a blurb from a local paper saying everyone is impressed and watched some highlights?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Jacobs is so elusive and quick, the hard knocks camara crew can't seem to find him....honestly I haven't seen him in any of the four episodes but anyway...Montgomery should have a good season. I can't wait for week 1 to see his usage or lack off(hope not)

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The Sanders hype is ridiculous.

Monty is a legit two down back at worst. Sanders is Howard’s backup. 

I agree that DMont has more work locked up right now in that offense but Sanders could easily become the man for PHI as the season progresses.  Tons of upside with Sanders as well.

16 minutes ago, Brye said:

Are you SURE you are not a Raiders fan lol

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I agree that DMont has more work locked up right now in that offense but Sanders could easily become the man for PHI as the season progresses.  Tons of upside with Sanders as well.

Upside for sure but his floor is absurdly low for his ADP.

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Upside for sure but his floor is absurdly low for his ADP.

Not sure what his “official” ADP is but I’ve usually seen him go in the 6th round.  Seems like a great place to take a chance on a RB with his immense upside, which to me is actually greater than DMont’s given the offense and Sanders’ explosiveness.  Plus I don’t think the floor is that low as he should have a decent role even if he splits carries with Howard the entire year.

27 minutes ago, Brye said:

That's quite a sentence!

Anyone care to translate it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cs3 said:

That's quite a sentence!

Anyone care to translate it?

I think he meant that he seen Jacobs has a big heart cus he seen him play and the rbs need to be payed. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Not what I'm saying but Jacobs was the first RB taken and was selected two rounds ahead of Montgomery in the draft. Montgomery was the 4th RB taken. Surely there was a difference in talent that would explain that, no? 

I assume NFL teams would have a better idea of who is more talented than some guys on rotoworld. And of course Montgomery could end up being better but I have to question when people on here say Montgomery is more talented. Why? Because you read a blurb from a local paper saying everyone is impressed and watched some highlights?

Well, reading local blurbs and watching highlights is how I figured out Jacobs was better than Montgomery...

1 hour ago, Brye said:

"Jacobs, who sits at No. 5 overall on my board, has a mixture of power and speed that should excite NFL general managers," Miller wrote. "He's a more powerful version of Alvin Kamara with limited wear and tear, only carrying the ball 120 times as a junior and 251 times total in college in the deep Alabama backfield."

A more powerful version of Kamara? That may sound like hyperbole, but it isn't. On film, Jacobs flashes the same kind of quickness, fluidity and field vision that Kamara did coming out of Tennessee. Jacobs may not be quite as polished as a pass-catcher, but the 5'10", 216-pounder does have day-one starter potential.

Read Trent Richardson's scouting report and get back to me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Onion said:

Read Trent Richardson's scouting report and get back to me.

Found it ...

OVERVIEW

Richardson is a talented back who should garner a top-five pick in this year's draft, regardless of the idea the past few years that the shelf life and durability of running backs doesn't warrant the risk of a top pick. Richardson is durable enough to handle a season full of carries, and with the new CBA rules putting a ceiling on rookie salaries, it will be tough for teams to pass on such a talented, polished back that will be a franchise back for years to come.

• Like 1