Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, mjb said:

Yes, he’s a thing, brought in to do the heavy lifting. Then the draft happens, Bears trade up to draft Montgomery. All three are going to get touches, but we’ll see what Nagy decides, which is a scary thought. 

Heavy lifting? For a whopping $2 MM bucks? Dude is a backup through and through.

The panic and fear mongering in this thread is laughable. Tonight can't come soon enough.

Obviously like almost anyone if Montgomery performs poorly, he'll get his load cut... But all signs point to this being his backfield make no mistake about it. Any work Davis gets is to keep Montgomery fresh or manage his load during the year, not detrimental.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjb said:

No idea how you could rank Montgomery in top 10 RB’s. He’s  a rookie who has to deal with Cohen and Mike Davis for touches. No one knows what Nagy might be thinking. Can’t compare to Kareem Hunt, as KC offense is so much more potent.

Oh yeah, that Alex Smith KC offense before Hunt was soooo potent. 😂 ... Ranked 20th or worse in yards 7 straight years before Hunt (then Mahommes last year).

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mjb said:

Yes, he’s a thing, brought in to do the heavy lifting. Then the draft happens, Bears trade up to draft Montgomery. All three are going to get touches, but we’ll see what Nagy decides, which is a scary thought. 

Being I keep up with the SEC, I saw Mike Davis play a lot at USCjr. He is a capable RB but not even on the same planet as Montgomery skill wise. Look at this thread count compared to Davis. Look at the ownership % across multiple sites for the two. Listen to the Bears that traded up to draft Montgomery. Look at the two's college tape. This is Davis' third team in four years. This is Montgomery's backfield. I can't wait for tonight.

• Thanks 1

Regardless of the outcome... there will be tears flowing...

Either Tears of Joy or Tears of Despair...

Fantasy Football... Never Fails... Every Year...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Szer0 said:

Regardless of the outcome... there will be tears flowing...

Either Tears of Joy or Tears of Despair...

Fantasy Football... Never Fails... Every Year...

They only way there will be tears for me is if Montgomery has a serious injury.  It's only the first game so I'm not going to worry if he has a bad game statistically tonight.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They only way there will be tears for me is if Montgomery has a serious injury.  It's only the first game so I'm not going to worry if he has a bad game statistically tonight.

You bite your tongue mister! I'll have none of that!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

You bite your tongue mister! I'll have none of that!!

Consider it bitten.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

My guess - 17 carries for 85 yards, 1 TD / 3 catches for 20 yards.

why do you think he's not gonna play in the second half?

🤔

• Haha 6

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

why do you think he's not gonna play in the second half?

🤔

105 total yards and a td is a pretty healthy line man.

15 rushes for 70 yards and 1 TD.  4 receptions for 35 yards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's kinda what I was thinking too. 

Anything more is just a bonus IMO. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I was about to make this almost SAME EXACT prediction, and then deleted it lmao
(16/72/1, 4/36)

• Like 1

I was arguing in this thread a couple of days ago but decided to put him in my lineup.  I figure if he has a dud game which is totally possible, my lineup is strong enough to where other players can compensate for it.

13 minutes ago, Ball So Hard said:

I'll throw out 14 touches for 70 yards. Mike Davis gets a TD and has more fantasy points.

we don't need this kind of negative energy in the thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im not afraid, give me the 40 point burger

I only have Montgomery in all my lineups, to instill fear in those I face. Once I get all my much deserved points, I will throw everyone in

LETTTTTTSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Im not afraid, give me the 40 point burger

I only have Montgomery in all my lineups, to instill fear in those I face. Once I get all my much deserved points, I will throw everyone in

LETTTTTTSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Love the enthusiasm bra!

I'm with ya!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

My guess - 17 carries for 85 yards, 1 TD / 3 catches for 20 yards.

20 touches🤔, I’d be stunned. Cohen and Davis WILL have a role. But 🤞. The talent is there but the coaching is another story.

Big divisional game and should be close.  Bears are going to want their best player out there.   Assuming that's Montgomery, 20 touches is realistic.

And I would think Nagy wouldn't want to screw around on the first possession and just give it to Davis because he's a vet.   And it doesn't sound like Montgomery is someone who needs motivation.  

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Big divisional game and should be close.  Bears are going to want their best player out there.   Assuming that's Montgomery, 20 touches is realistic.

And I would think Nagy wouldn't want to screw around on the first possession and just give it to Davis because he's a vet.   And it doesn't sound like Montgomery is someone who needs motivation.  

I expect Davis or Cohen to start but Montgomery will likely start mixing in starting in the second quarter or so and if he shows well, I won't be surprised if the Bears stick with him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You really have to look at how he is used tonight more than anything. If we see what we saw last year then I would be quite concerned. 

Another thing I advise everyone to pay attention is how the running play develops. What I mean is, look at presnap movenment and what kind of blocking they are using. Last year they just slammed Howard up the middle. If there is no running scheme that is another reason for concern.

If it seems like the Bears actually developed a running scheme and Montgomery goes something like 17/40/0 and 3/12/0 despite the bad line I would actually be fairly happy going forward.