Mr2Saint

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, mjb said:

The problem, OL, QB, Coach have been 🗑. If he keeps getting touches, it’s got to improve.

OL needs to improve for sure. They aren’t opening up many running lanes. 

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Oh I agree.  Those are the hardest players to own and if that's your concern, I'm not going to argue.  All I'm trying to say is that Monty's outlook took a big step forward from where it was week 1, where he looked like he could be even droppable.  If we saw an even split of touches between Davis and Monty yesterday, he is bench fodder at best.

Monty was never droppable, and he got 18 carries last week including a touchdown. Played so far against Denver and Green Bay, been more involved than any rookie RB except Josh Jacobs. Bench fodder at best?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Monty was never droppable, and he got 18 carries last week including a touchdown. Played so far against Denver and Green Bay, been more involved than any rookie RB except Josh Jacobs. Bench fodder at best?

Yes - if his week 2 usage was the same as his week 1 usage (6 carries, 1 reception), then he would be bench fodder at best.  Not sure why anyone would disagree with that, unless you think a player who gets 7 touches is a starter.

9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yes - if his week 2 usage was the same as his week 1 usage (6 carries, 1 reception), then he would be bench fodder at best.  Not sure why anyone would disagree with that, unless you think a player who gets 7 touches is a starter.

Monty was always going to be starter

Edited by pushaZ
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Monty was always going to be starter

Fair enough, but my point is that Monty owners should very happy to see it yesterday and not be too hung up about his bad YPC (which was lowered because of all the goal line carries). 

In my mind it was likely Monty would take over, but you never know.  Look at all the Kerryon owners who were expecting bellcow and got committee.  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 9:32 PM, TheJRod2006 said:

That said, I still think he's clearly Chicago's best back. I just worry about Nagy coming up with goofy gameplans like Week 1 vs. Green Bay. Hopefully, we see a breakout performance against a Redskins D next week that gave up 111 to Zeke and over 200 on the ground in total.

Is it possible Nagy sees the light? Only hope is WAS offense is anemic and I don't see them scoring much so should keep the bears from getting blown out and forced to abandon the run(like they did in week 1, cough cough vomit puke)

Yeah hoping Montgomery explodes week 3 and takes the blinders off Nagy.

25 minutes ago, GangGreen89 said:

Trap game for DMont. Naggy will outcoach himself. 

I hope your wrong but yeah Nagy is the best at playing him self. Congratulates you played your self Nagy, every day.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:43 PM, pdog109 said:

Is it possible Nagy sees the light? Only hope is WAS offense is anemic and I don't see them scoring much so should keep the bears from getting blown out and forced to abandon the run(like they did in week 1, cough cough vomit puke)

Yeah hoping Montgomery explodes week 3 and takes the blinders off Nagy.

Washington has a better QB than Chicago...